Page 188 of 252 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 5028

Thread: videogames!

PSN ID
    Error__Flynn
    Name

- SJW , ; ( , , )

GTA 6.
    ... , . . .

PSN ID
    Lefteris_X

, "" / . ( , )
    , !

! (animator)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lefteris_X For This Useful Post:

Error Flynn (05-02-2020)

PSN ID
    Nek_Food

H Take-Two interactive earnings report Q3 2020, Bioshock ( PS Plus ).

Announced the founding of Cloud Chamberʼ, the newest wholly-owned game development studio under the Companyʼspublishing label. A collective of storytellers eager to push the frontlines of interactive entertainment by making unique,entertaining and thoughtful experiences that engage the world, Cloud Chamber will build its team at two locations: 2KʼsSan Francisco Bay Area headquarters in Novato, California, as well as in Montréal, Québec, which marks the first-everCanadian office for a 2K studio. In addition, 2K announced that Cloud Chamber has started to work on the next iteration ofthe globally acclaimed BioShock franchise, which will be in development for the next several years.
    PS4 Disintegration Open Beta PS4.

Announced that Disintegration, an upcoming sci-fi, first-person shooter, will launch digitally for PlayStation4, Xbox One andPC in calendar 2020, during our fiscal year 2021. Disintegration is the debut title from V1 Interactive, the independentdevelopment studio co-founded by Marcus Lehto, former creative director at Bungie and co-creator of Halo.

Name

Bioshock . , , , .. '20, time travel 2020.

Banned PS4forums Addict Sir_Teraflop's Avatar

Sony :

The player can make a more informed decision to select the resource or not and can be confident in their selection. In some embodiments, selection of various resources may require a form of payment, for example by using virtual currency or real money. In some embodiments, the selection of various resources may be in the form known as a“micro-transaction,” which deal with relatively small sums of real money.

Default videogames!

" retail". seven spot . .

under construction:
    http://www.sevenspot.gr/
    Last edited by DJTaurus; 08-02-2020 at 18:47.

Name

? .. ( ), .. !
    " H ' "
    (By Stefanos to Simple People)

Retail . .

Default videogames!

. point RTX twins..... . DF.
    Spoiler!

Seven Spot:
    https://www.enternity.gr/Article/Gam...ot;/57999.html
    Last edited by DJTaurus; 11-02-2020 at 15:24.

Name

Seven Spots Netflix ...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Valkyre For This Useful Post:

Slay (13-02-2020)

Digital Services Sony PS4:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sir_Teraflop For This Useful Post:

DJTaurus (15-02-2020)

PSN ID
    Lefteris_X

!

!

, .

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DJTaurus For This Useful Post:

PDS (23-02-2020)

( AI. .)

, Nvidia PC (DLSS), , , consumer , , proprietary driver API:

Microsoft's DirectML is the next-generation game-changer that nobody's talking about

DirectML has the potential to be a gamechanger for next-generation hardware, allowing developers to exploit the powers of AI and machine learning to make games more efficient. DirectML has the potential to bring Microsoft's next-generation console to a new level, making the Xbox Series X a lot stronger than its 12 TFLOPS graphics processor.

We've spoken about Microsoft's DirectML before at OC3D, but as a whole, DirectML has received little attention from the media. DirectML isn't a confirmed feature of Microsoft's next-generation console, but the timing of DirectML's development suggests that hardware support is planned for the Xbox Series X.

As many of you know, Microsoft revealed its DXR API in 2018, bringing the world's attention to realtime raytracing. At that time, most people dismissed DirectX Raytracing (DXR) as a feature which won't be ready for the release of Microsoft's next-generation console. Now, DXR support has been confirmed for Microsoft's Xbox Series X, and AMD has confirmed that new Radeon hardware will support hardware-accelerated DXR raytracing in 2020, making DXR a reality for next-generation games.

Microsoft revealed DirectML at the same time as DXR, but DirectML didn't receive much attention. Companies are expected to talk about AI these days, and at the time, it was hard to judge the potential of AI within the gaming market. Raytracing has obvious benefits, but AI does not. Enter Nvidia and its Tensor cores.

Nvidia's DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling) technology is the first attempt from a major GPU manufacturer to leverage the power of AI to improve the PC gaming experience. Nvidia uses DLSS to upscale rendered images to higher resolutions, allowing games to run better at higher resolutions by upscaling a lower resolution image. A game could be rendered at 1440p and upscaled to 4K to deliver incredible performance increases to gamers, making higher resolution gaming a lot more accessible (when playing supported titles). While the feature has its downsides (degraded image quality), new implementations of DLSS are difficult to distinguish from native resolution renderings, revealing the potential that AI has within the PC market.

DirectML - The API that could bring DLSS-like features to everyone

While DirectML hasn't been confirmed as a next-generation console feature, you can be sure that Microsoft has been considering the option heavily. Work on DirectML has been happening, at least publically, for as long as DXR has, making it likely that AMD is working on hardware DirectML support for its next-generation graphics cards.

Microsoft has already showcased the potential of machine learning in gaming applications, with the image below showcasing what happens when Machine Learning is used to upscale an image to four times its original resolution (basically from 1080p to 4K) to generate a sharper final image and reduced aliasing. The image below is a comparison between ML Super Sampling and bilinear upsampling.

This technique has also been showcased during one of Microsoft's SIGGRAPH 2018 tech talks. This talk, which is entitled "Deep Learning for Real-Time Rendering: Accelerating GPU Inferencing with DirectML and DirectX 12" showcases Nvidia hardware upscaling Playground Games' Forza Horizon 3 from 1080p to 4K using DirectML in real-time. DirectML has the potential to improve the graphical fidelity of future console and PC games.

DirectML will be a big deal for next-generation graphics

Microsoft sees two ways to push the gaming market forward, utilising both Machine Learning and Ray Tracing technologies to enhance computer-generated graphics to levels that have never been seen before. DirectX Raytracing has arrived on Windows 10 as part of Microsoft's October 2018 update, and DirectML support came later with Windows 10's 2019 OS updates.

While DirectML hasn't received as much attention as DirectX raytracing, you can be sure that developers are looking at the new API closely. As screen manufacturers are starting to push beyond 4K, AI upscaling technologies like Nvidia's DLSS will continue to increase in popularity. 4K gaming is already a challenge, and 8K is going to prove to be even more problematic for game makers and hardware vendors. Technologies like DirectML will become vital for future games and consoles; the question now is whether or not this tech will be supported on next-generation consoles.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/sof...alking_about/1

Next gen .
    Last edited by Sir_Teraflop; 03-03-2020 at 22:47.

PS4forums Fanatic jk_blue_tiger's Avatar
    PSN ID
    jk_blue_tiger
    Name
    Spoiler!

PSN ID
    WolfRathmA_GR
    Name
    LG OLED 65C3 | Marantz SR5015 | Klipsch R-620F , R-51M , R-34C - SVS SB1000Pro - Elipson IC6 [5.1.2] Dolby Atmos | PS5 |

Follow me!

PSN ID
    Nek_Food

, ... .

OK, 3 100% / "" . , , ( ) .

truth bombs?

Cooper:

"The reason I left is because I only want to work with the best. That is no longer Naughty Dog"

When I left Naughty Dog late last year they threatened to withhold my final paycheck until I signed additional paperwork stating I wouldn't share their production practices. They finally relented when I assured them that was most likely illegal...

The truth is I have no awful crunch tale. The "story animators" as we were known were averaging 46hrs a week when I left and I personally never went over 55. The story team is super organised and we reacted to whatever was thrown at us. That's not to say others weren't suffering.

For the demo shown last September, the gameplay animators crunched more than I've ever seen and required weeks of recovery afterwards. One good friend of mine was hospitalised at that time due to overwork. He still had over half a year to go. There have been others since.

The reason I left is because I only want to work with the best. That is no longer Naughty Dog. Their reputation for crunch within LA is so bad it was near impossible to hire seasoned contract game animators to close out the project. As such we loaded up on film animators.

While super-talented, they lacked the technical/design knowhow to assemble scenes. Similarly, the design team ballooned with juniors to make up for the attrition of key roles. Every aspect of finishing this game took much longer due to the lack of game experience on the team.

Don't get me wrong, these kids are mostly awesome and the best were great. It's just when the junior/senior ratio is out of balance things can really grind and more time is spent training than actually working. (LA teams, make sure and pick them up when all the contracts end.)

PSN ID
    PDS_13

M:

Sir: '' MS .''
    Taurus: '' !''

: H ND
    ( 13 2020)

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PDS For This Useful Post:

Sir_Teraflop (16-03-2020)