Page 142 of 252 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 5037

Thread: videogames!

PSN ID
    kamenos13
    Name

Layoffs hit F1 and Dirt developer Codemasters

Layoffs have hit UK racing game developer Codemasters, sources close to the studio tell Eurogamer.

Around 50 jobs are being reviewed, we've been told, with north of 30 of those jobs set to go as part of a 30 day consultation period. Around 500 people work at the company globally.
    We've been told Codemasters' F1 team, based in the Birmingham office and currently working on a PlayStation 4 and Xbox One entry in the series, is unaffected, and so development on that game and other active projects continues.
    A new Dirt game, in production at the Southam office, is safe, but it may not release when planned. Sources told Eurogamer Codemasters planned to announce the new Dirt soon with a view to an Early Access-style release in the middle of February, but the company has yet to secure car licenses, so this is currently unlikely.

The team behind the new Dirt has been downsized, though, with a smaller group working on the game compared to last year's Grid Autosport. One source pointed out that the new Dirt team has always been relatively small, however, with under 20 staff building the game compared to the 50 or so who made Grid Autosport.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roy For This Useful Post:

DJTaurus (12-01-2015),Kane (30-01-2015)

PSN ID
    kamenos13
    Name

free-to-play, free-to-start .

EA Investigating "Free-to-Start" Console Games

Wilson replied by saying that, in the future, he thinks gamers--trained by media like TV, books, and music--will expect console games to be available, at least to start, for free, and then pay later. As such, Wilson said EA is "actively" investigating how it can meet this consumer desire with its future console projects.

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    free-to-play, free-to-start .

EA Investigating "Free-to-Start" Console Games
    trial.
    Spoiler (//) - 100 - = -rep

PSN ID
    dlevel

, , . .

PSN ID
    kamenos13
    Name

Ubisoft Plans Five Triple-A Titles During Next Fiscal Year, Including The Division

Ubisoft has set expectations for its triple-A portfolio for the coming fiscal year. The company has re-affirmed releases of anticipated titles for the year ending March 31, 2016.

For those wondering about The Division, Ubisoft still says to expect it in the coming financial year. Note that this doesnt necessarily mean 2015, as the final quarter occurs in 2016.

Additionally, Rainbow Six Siege is still on track for the coming fiscal period. Assassins Creed, which was confirmed earlier this year following a leak, is also not taking a year off.

That leaves two titles still to be announced.
    4 Watch Dogs 2, . IP?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Leon_DiZ For This Useful Post:

hakoo (23-02-2015)

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

GC: But I think ultimately people were just so keen to embrace the new generation that they were happy to jump aboard immediately, many knowing that the first year probably wont be that great. But I dont think anyone expected it to be as bad as it was.

JR: …
    GC: And just to your earlier point Im not sure that any of my three concerns really are subjective. The question of quality perhaps, although Im sure a study of Metacritic will show a consensus that it was not a classic year. The quantity of games was certainly at an all-time low, I remember quoting a retailer survey to that effect in my end of year feature. And then GamerGate was incontrovertibly awful, and so was the situation with broken games.

JR: Yeah, lets move on from the subjective, because you have a view on that and the vast majority of 18 and a half million people appear to have a different view on that.

GC: Just because they bought the console doesnt mean theyre happy with any of the things Im talking about.

JR: Well… true. But were now 16 months in, right? And they continue to buy it in numbers that are unparalleled for February, at any point over the last 20 years. You would think that if all of these 18 and a half million people were having such a terrible time they would be telling their mates, they would be telling their children, This is a horrible experience, dont buy into this! But thats not happening.
    GC: What about Assassins Creed Unity then? Thats primarily single-player and its problems were blindingly obvious the second you started playing.

JR: When a third party multiplayer game runs on the servers of that third party publishers, youll understand its virtually impossible for us to QA that online experience.

GC: Are there any financial penalties you can levy at them? Because its your name on the box too you know.

JR: …

GC: From seeing it at a preview it was obvious to me a couple of months out that Unity wasnt going to be properly finished for its release date, so it should have been obvious to you as well.

JR: Youre straying into the realm of conversations between publisher and platform holder that should remain private.

GC: And presumably that conversation was you saying Does it work? and them answering with [starts winking and miming taking a bribe].

JR: No! No, no, no!

GC: Well, what happened then? If everyone reviewing the game noticed these horrendous bugs after just five minutes of playtime how did you miss it? Youre happy to put your foot down with little indie developers but because it was a big publisher apparently those rules are ignored.

JR: [deep breath] Ah, yeah. Well, it wasnt just offline, there were…

GC: The co-op was a minor part of that game, and was not one of the issues most people were upset about. 10 minutes into Unity and I was controlling a flying apple instead of the main character. There was no way anyone involved in that game didnt know the state it was in when it shipped. All they cared about was hitting their deadline. And by association you were okay with that, you were part of the conversation that said, Ah, who cares? You can fix it later…

JR: No! I… I think… lets move on.
    GC: I understand that you did a lot better than some in addressing the situation, but that was still three months. And… is there still going to be the free PlayStation Plus version?
    JR: Thats still being looked at.

GC: You cant guarantee that it will ever happen?

JR: I cant say anything at this stage.

I can get the summer games drought to a degree – its hot outside and a lot of people are on holiday – but its February now, its freezing cold out and dark at 4pm, but apart from Evolve we havent had a major retail release for coming on three months.

JR: Why dont you just play all the games that were released in November?

GC: I thought wed agreed not to talk about the poor quality of last years releases?
    JR: PlayStation means different things to different people. For me, one of the great joys of my middle-aged life is sitting with my eight-year-old daughter playing Knack on a Saturday.

GC: Oh, had she been bad or something?
    GC: When people are compiling best of generation lists in five years time this whole period is going to be completely ignored.

JR: I think time has to tell on that. You get so close to these things and you get so angry…

GC: Well I have to play them, if thats what you mean.
    !!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leon_DiZ For This Useful Post:

Nek_Food (23-02-2015),Viper (23-02-2015)

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

Quote Originally Posted by Nerven View Post
    offtopic PS4, tech demo .

Tech demo Mizuchi rendering

"" rendering Silicon Studio

Silicon Studio, Bravely Default Nintendo 3DS. , , studio rendering Mizuchi. tech demo rendering Mizuchi, real-time, . ""

: Unboxholics

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

Ex - Darksiders Dev new game is.... BATTLE CHASERS (Sword in the Storm?)

- reveal Polygon.

Joe Madureira, creative director Darksiders 1 2, // (???) comics Battle Chasers action RPG.

1-9 1998-2001. 10 game development .

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

tri-Ace acquired by Nepro Japan, becomes dedicated smartphone/tablet mobile dev

http://dokidokikusoge.moe/post/11154...by-nepro-japan
    https://www.release.tdnet.info/inbs/...0220029526.pdf

Japanese mobile company Nepro Japan has announced that they are acquiring tri-Ace as subsidiary. They will be acquiring all tri-Ace shares through a cash buyout, and will refocus the developer towards mobile efforts (smartphones and tablets). tri-Ace was a privately held company, so it's interesting to see the ownership breakdown in the announcement:

Yoshiharu Gotanda holds 555 shares (30.8%), Masaki Norimoto holds 546 shares (30.3%), and Kenji Goshima holds 511 shares (28.4%). In the cash buy-out, they will each gets about a million bucks each, and they will each also get 18,300 shares of Nepro each (worth about 1500yen per share right now).

PSN ID
    muku0-400
    Name
    Vladimir

^^ . Star Ocean IP ri-Ace SE?

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

Quote Originally Posted by muku View Post
    ^^ . Star Ocean IP ri-Ace SE?
    SE.

PSN ID
    muku0-400
    Name
    Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Lnds500 View Post
    SE.
    LOL. , KH3 FFXV statement!

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

Quote Originally Posted by muku View Post
    LOL. , KH3 FFXV statement!
    , .. .. neutral.

PSN ID
    kamenos13
    Name

Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power

The Windows version will be the first one to be released – well reveal more about other platforms later.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viper For This Useful Post:

BillyFlo81 (02-03-2015),Leon_DiZ (02-03-2015),nikon (02-03-2015)

PSN ID
    BillyFlo81
    Name

trailer. Trine 2. side scrolling . .. trailer.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nikon For This Useful Post:

Arikoc (02-03-2015),Leon_DiZ (02-03-2015),Nek_Food (02-03-2015),Slay (02-03-2015),Valkyre (02-03-2015)

PSN ID
    Slay2012

, , .

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Slay For This Useful Post:

nikon (02-03-2015)