Page 5 of 252 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: videogames!

Name

Quote Originally Posted by PDS13 View Post
    Future Crytek titles will be multi-platform, no more PC exclusives

The PC Play magazine has released an English version of an interview it did with Cevat Yerli, president of the German Studio Crytek, which is well known for developing Crysis. In the interview they discuss the success and failures of Crysis, but more importantly the state of the PC gaming industry.

Yerli was asked about the risk of going PC exclusive with a high-profile title, and replied with:
    “It is certainly. We are suffering currently from the huge piracy that is encompassing Crysis. We seem to lead the charts in piracy by a large margin, a chart leading that is not desirable. I believe thats the core problem of PC Gaming, piracy. To the degree PC Gamers that pirate games inherently destroy the platform. Similar games on consoles sell factors of 4-5 more. It was a big lesson for us and I believe we wont have PC exclusives as we did with Crysis in future. We are going to support PC, but not exclusive anymore.”

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news...-pc-exclusives
    PDS13 console vs pc gaming.

PSN ID
    PDS_13

. , :frog:

PSN ID
    ModusAm

Quote Originally Posted by PDS13 View Post
    Future Crytek titles will be multi-platform, no more PC exclusives....

To the degree PC Gamers that pirate games inherently destroy the platform. Similar games on consoles sell factors of 4-5 more. It was a big lesson for us and I believe we wont have PC exclusives as we did with Crysis in future. We are going to support PC, but not exclusive anymore.......
    . * 40 , ... junk food. Porche . , . WOW, Crytek Blizzard...

PSN ID
    modecris
    Name

GTA IV Tops CoD4 on Xbox Live

The Grand Theft Auto IV craze has hit Xbox Live, as the game has proven more popular on the service than former top dogs Call of Duty 4 and Halo 3, Microsoft told Next-Gen on Thursday.
    Activision's Call of Duty 4 and Microsoft's Halo 3 have been trading the first and second slots on Microsoft's Xbox Live activity chart for the past few months.

But Aaron Greenberg, director of product management for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live, said that GTA IV, which just released on Tuesday, is the new king of the hill on Xbox Live.

"We had roughly 1 million users in the first 24 hours [of GTA IV's release] go online with the game on Xbox Live," said Greenberg.
    MORE:

Name
    PanoulisGOSU

Valve: PS3

Valve Doug Lombardi PlayStation3 . , Left 4 Dead PC Xbox 360, Sony, Lombardi PlayStation3. , Orange Box , . Left 4 Dead, , Valve 150 , projects, ports. Left 4 Dead Valve multiplayer zombies.
    http://www.gameover.gr/default.php?p...S3&art_id=4993
    To ps3 PC !

PSN ID
    modecris
    Name

Rumour: Details of the Xbox Live Spring Update include motion sensing calibration

Some supposed leaked details of the Xbox Live Spring Update include "Calibration options for motion sensor devices." There will also apparently be an option to download a gamer picture (if available) from a gamercard being viewed.
    Spoiler!

PSN ID
    WolfRathmA_GR
    Name

MS selling old consoles as 'new' in Europe - buyers beware

Max Console reports that Fench website logic-sunrise who is usually pretty clued up on these things indicates that Microsoft's new 199 Euro's Xbox360packs with 2 games and 2 wireless controllers are in fact OLD machines. After opening 10 of them, they found that the machines have been converted to new and all have non-falcon motherboards, old Hitachi 47 or Samsung MS25 drives and the repair center sticker on them.

They suggest that you do not buy these packs and if you want a brand new machine, then fork out 199 Euro's for the arcade pack or 269 Euro's for the premium pack."
    http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=27711

Oh shit!
    LG OLED 65C3 | Marantz SR5015 | Klipsch R-620F , R-51M , R-34C - SVS SB1000Pro - Elipson IC6 [5.1.2] Dolby Atmos | PS5 |

Follow me!

my diaper was nintendo and my bicycle was playstation.

Name

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRathmA View Post
    MS selling old consoles as 'new' in Europe - buyers beware

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=27711

Oh shit!
    .... ... , .

. MS. .:witsend:

PSN ID
    WolfRathmA_GR
    Name

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyre View Post
    .... ... , .

; . . @@ ... ..

...:witsend:
    LG OLED 65C3 | Marantz SR5015 | Klipsch R-620F , R-51M , R-34C - SVS SB1000Pro - Elipson IC6 [5.1.2] Dolby Atmos | PS5 |

Follow me!

PSN ID
    Slay2012

PS3.

PSN ID
    WolfRathmA_GR
    Name

360 Developer: Hitting Graphical Limit But Can Do Alot More On A.I & Animation

Major Nelson recently interviewed Mark Terrano, a video game programmer and Design Director for Hidden Path Entertainment on the progress of the industry from a technological point view, and specifically his evaluation of the current generations technical achievements and limitations for the Xbox 360 XBLA games.

Listen from the 43rd minute on the podcast
    Updates:
    Transcript of Segment in Interview
    Major: Looking back on all the work you've done in the industry, are you surprised at where you are today in terms of technology or do you see alot of power in the box to be unlocked - specifically for the Xbox 360..

Developer: I think we've really pushed where we can go graphically, I think realism is losing some of the luster - I would love to see some work done on what we call "non-photo realistic rendering", paint-related techniques, we do things you can do in movies but I'm more interested in what you can't do in movies...

Major: Interesting..

Developer. I thought it was sad that we had to let the Matrix to show how fun Bullet-Time could be, we (developers) have control of the camera, we have control of the content, we're not limited by lenses etc, we (the industry) can do alot more things to draw the players attention to tell a story that haven't been discovered by movie camera's.

Major: Interesting, I never really thought of it like that. Why keep pushing the photo-realism that you could do more things to make the gameplay more effective.

Developer: Right. And I think the bar could be alot higher with animation and A.I, the things really cue into when interacting with an environment to make it more believable, to just make the characters - the scenes, we interact with more fun. We're seeing really good physics now, we all know how much fun it is to drive and smash cars in BURNOUT and do alot of things to make it more fun with the physics..etc
    http://www.n4g.com/dev/News-145939.aspx

Follow me!

PSN ID
    WolfRathmA_GR
    Name

Rumour: Shenmue 1 and 2 being ported to Wii?

The May issue of Swedish gaming magazine GameReactor claims Shenmue 1 and 2 are being ported to the Nintendo Wii and are set to feature all new mini games.

Follow me!

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyre View Post
    .... ... , .

3 . : Mazda destroys 4.703 shiny new cars worth $100 million... Japan Japan!!!
    my diaper was nintendo and my bicycle was playstation.

PSN ID
    kostantlnos

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRathmA View Post
    wii ? Ps3 Ps2?

My Youtube Channel 'Show me the stuff inside' unboxing collectors editions videogames movies and more.

PSN ID
    modecris
    Name

Future Publishing: motion controller & Microsoft Mii system has been confirmed

"both the 360 motion controller and Rare-helmed Xbox 360 'Mii' project are real, and will be out before the end of the year." According to Future Publishing: "The Microsoft Mii system is well into development at Rare's offices here in the UK, while the controller itself remains more mysterous," and "Partnering with a third-party hardware developer as Nintendo did, Microsoft would want to bring the controller to market before the end of 2008."

More:http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=189501

Name

To Mii Wii? , .

PSN ID
    modecris
    Name

wii,mii ; 360 , " "

Name

Wii , Mii Pii? lol

PSN ID
    modecris
    Name