Πέρασε στα ψιλά αυτό, οπότε πάμε ένα bump:

UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE'S DECEPTION 10-YEAR ANNIVERSARY

https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/unch...ar_anniversary

Christian Gyrling, Vice President: The game was almost done. We had sent most of the team home to play the game as we were only a few days away from submitting the final build to Sony for manufacturing. I myself brought the game home and started playing the game from the beginning. After a few hours of playing, the game started having glitches. The glitches got worse and worse until enemies would be invisible, the ocean became blood red, and levels would be outright missing. I freaked out, and the next morning, I walked into Evan's office saying, β€œWe can't ship the game like this.” Playing the game for a few hours on older PS3s would in almost all cases result in a broken game experience. I had, however, come up with a hypothesis about what was going on with the game. I sat down with the senior programmers and discussed the issue and my proposed solution. They agreed that we should make the fix, but we needed to know if it really did fix the issue. I made 2 versions of the game. One was the current β€œbroken” version of the game but with some debug text printing on the screen. The second version was the β€œfixed” version, and it also had debug text printing on the screen. If our hunch was right, we would be able to see that from the numbers printing on screen for the two versions. We had two of our QA staff play through the two versions of the game side-by-side. We all stood there watching them play, and lo and behold, the numbers started confirming the hypothesis. After an hour, the one tester that was running the β€œbroken” version of the game started seeing glitching, the other one did not. We ended up putting the fix in and shipping Uncharted 3 with this critical bug fix just 2 days later.
Άλλα ήθη και έθιμα τότε στο development, δεν ήταν αποδεκτό να γίνει ship παιχνίδι με game-breaking bugs... τώρα τα κάνουμε αβαβά όλα και δώστου τεράστια day 1 patches.

Evan: When we had our press event for the multiplayer reveal we had double- and triple-checked that the venue had a solid and fast internet connection, and they assured us that it was β€œT1” which we thought meant β€œvery fast”. When we got there and set up, nothing was working. We couldn’t figure out what the problem was. The press was going to be arriving any minute and we couldn’t get a match going. We soon discovered the problem was that we were streaming too much data (we had β€œUncharted TV” that was streaming highlight reels from YouTube in the lobby), and we were choking the bandwidth. Christophe [Balestra] began furiously trying to rewrite the backend server code as the press started to gather in the adjacent room, while we had programmers back in the office racing to send over an updated build that disabled the streaming. In the end, the updated code arrived minutes before the event started and the rest of the day went off without a hitch. Later we discovered that β€œT1” didn’t mean β€œvery fast” and only guarantees 1.44mbs!
Uncharted 3's Director Reveals the Origin Of the Famous Cargo Plane Sequence On Its 10th Anniversary

https://www.ign.com/articles/unchart...ry-cargo-plane

"I was making little models of trucks on my desk to figure out how the player could climb on these things as they're hanging out of the back of the plane. Jeremy [Yates] was doing wire-work on the mocap stage to capture climbing on a cargo net blowing in the wind. We had to implement some old-school perfectly seamed-up infinitely scrolling backgrounds to make the desert able to move infinitely below the plane (while the plane actually stood still. shhh). We even had a fully playable zero-g sequence inside the plane that we cut at the last second!" Margenau says.
Τι κάνανε οι άνθρωποι σε μηχάνημα του 2005 και πόσο μεράκι... εποχάρες για όσους τις ζήσανε!

ΥΓ: Άμα γράψω και πόσες ώρες (hint: 4ψήφιος αριθμός) πέρασα σε αυτό το "cinematic/zero-gameplay" παιχνίδι (πρώτα «σκούπισμα» το SP και μετά έφοδος στο MP με καλή παρέα), δεν θα γίνω πιστευτός (έχω ακόμα το email της Sony για τους δύσπιστους). Worth every single penny...