Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Τhe Last Guardian [+VR content]

PSN ID
    nickolas82
    Name
    Νίκος

Το παιχνιδάκι φαίνεται απίστευτο πραγματικά......από άλλο πλανήτη τα animation το ζωντανό πραγματικά ζωντανεύει στην οθόνη.Σίγουρα άλλο ένα αριστούργημα απο μια καταπληκτική ομάδα

Name
    Δημήτρης

Fumito Ueda Details The Last Guardian

Πολλα ενδιαφεροντα στοιχεια:

A new trailer and a vague release time frame for The Last Guardian were all it took yesterday to get Team Ico fans buzzing. Director Fumito Ueda didn't share any new details on the game during Sony's press briefing, but he was more open during a subsequent Famitsu.com interview.

That "vague release time frame," which appeared at the end of the game's new trailer, was "holiday 2011." Ueda confirmed with the site that this means October to December. "It's not spring break," he joked about the use of the word "holiday." "Now that the release time frame has been announced, we believe expectations will rise even further for those who have been looking forward to the game, so we feel that next we must make it into a title that meets expectations and does not let people down."

One notable point about the trailer was the cheerful music in the background. The team wanted to choose something unexpected when selecting the song, Ueda told the site. As the song was to be used just for TGS, they went with an existing song.

The reason for choosing this type of song, he said, was because everyone has been anticipating a sad ending for the game. Allowing such anticipation to continue may not be appropriate here because as a game that deals with the theme of animals, Last Guardian also has the concept of showing comical scenes and physiological actions from the Torico creature. The latest trailer attempted to depict these areas.

Some scenes from the trailer showed Torico burying its droppings and performing other such realistic actions. Ueda explained the reason for the inclusion of such scenes. "ICO and Shadow of the Colossus were set in fantasy worlds. People who like movies were hooked in by the fantasy parts and bought the game and played it. However, we wanted to evoke feeling in a greater range of people. While the selection of an animal theme does this, we also thought that in addition to this, showing such physiological occurrences would reach that broader base."

Those types of scenes may not be just for show though. "We also felt that the physiological occurrences could be worked in to create a new type of game design." You'll be able to feed Torico, for instance. However, Ueda doesn't want people to think that the feeding will be part of some sort of synthesis system, for instance. It's just one physiological element of the creature, an area that players can't control. You might not know, for instance, if you're feeding Torico something that he can't eat. As another example, when you're fighting an enemy, if one of those physiological effects takes over Torico, he may not be able to protect you.

"The inability to control is one of this game's concepts," said Ueda. "Not that you'll be totally unable to control things, but there will be some areas that you can't control. This connects with the game's reality, and also with the mystery of the game design."

Ueda mentioned in his responses that you'll be fighting enemies. These are the armored knights who appear for brief moments in the trailer. "The boy cannot directly defeat the knights," said Ueda. Regarding your combat with the knights, he reiterated something that he has said in past interviews. There is a paper-rock-scissors style relationship between the boy, Torico, and the guards. For the most part, you'll need to get Torico to defeat the guards for you.

The trailer also showed the player interacting with gimmicks in the areas of play. One thing the staff is focused on, said Ueda, is making sure that players will be able to grasp the game structure, so they'll know, for instance, when they have to move something in order to advance further.

Famitsu also asked Ueda about how the game has improved from when we last saw it. Graphically, he said, the game is mostly unchanged from the previous trailer, as this area of the game was pretty much in complete form at that time.

In contrast, movement has gotten a considerable brush up since our last glimpse at the game. Torico was previously only able to move in set movements. Now, it moves in accordance with the environment.

Regarding those environments, Famitsu noted that there seems to be very fine details, down to moths and other insects. Such details can be placed in the game due to a change in production style from Team Ico's past projects. For past titles, explained Ueda, a single artist would make an entire stage on his own. However, because of the more advanced technology in the PS3 allowing for greater detail and wider spaces, they had to toss this method aside. Now, the team makes use of LEGO block-like pieces. Doing things like this allows them to put details into areas where no one will even go, while still maintaining efficient production.
    As an example of this creation method, Ueda mentioned the stones that make up the areas we've seen thus far. This is actually where the method is most heavily put to use. However, the method also works in nature environments. He mentioned one as yet unseen stage whose scale is so impressive that people will get the impression it couldn't have possibly been made by a single person. It's because of the use of this development methodology that the game can have detailed stages with such scale.

Famitsu's interview also covered PS3's ICO and Shadow of the Colossus remakes. You can read that part of the interview here.

PSN ID
    AlessG21
    Name
    Αλεξης

Παιδια τι ακριβως ειναι αυτο..?RPG?Δεν εχω παιξει τα προηγουμενα παιχνιδια οποτε δεν ξερω το υφος..Αλλα με χαλαει ο προβατοκοτοπουλοσαυροσκυλομαρσουπιλομουλης που εχουνε βαλει..Ελεος..Πιο ασχημο τερας δεν εχω ξαναδει..Λες και το εφτιαξε παιδακι..Μιλαω για το τερας καθεαυτου και οχι για γραφικα κτλπ..Μην με λιθοβολησετε..

PSN ID
    hakoo_

Δεν ειναι RPG, απο οτι εχουμε δει πιο πολυ στο πρωτο παιχνιδι της ομαδας θα φερνει (ico) παρα στο δευτερο (shadow of the colossus). Παρεπιπτοντως βρες πληροφοριες για τα παιχνιδια αυτα και ριξε μια ματια εδω
    http://www.ps3forums.gr/vb/showthread.php?t=7802

Το ico λοιπον ηταν action-adventure με αρκετα platforming στοιχεια. Εχεις τον ελεγχο του ενος απο τους 2 χαρακτηρες και προσπαθεις να κανεις σχεδον τα παντα μεσω συνεργασιας (γριφοι/μαχες/platforming κτλ). Καπως ετσι λογικα θα ειναι και το the last guardian.
    Ο σχεδιασμος του πλασματος εχει να κανει με το υφος του παιχνιδιου, με το σεναριο και αυτα που θελει ο δημιουργος να μεταφερει στον παικτη. Η συγκεκριμενη ομαδα πονταρει πολυ στο συναισθημα, προφανως εκριναν οτι δεν θα μπορουσε ο παικτης να μπει στο κλιμα και να νιωσει καποια πραγματα εαν το πλασμα ηταν βγαλμενο απο fantasy κλισε, δρακος, behemoth η κατι συναφες.

PSN ID
    enstikto
    Name
    Δημήτρης

Quote Originally Posted by katsouras View Post
    Παιδια τι ακριβως ειναι αυτο..?RPG?Δεν εχω παιξει τα προηγουμενα παιχνιδια οποτε δεν ξερω το υφος..Αλλα με χαλαει ο προβατοκοτοπουλοσαυροσκυλομαρσουπιλομουλης που εχουνε βαλει..Ελεος..Πιο ασχημο τερας δεν εχω ξαναδει..Λες και το εφτιαξε παιδακι..Μιλαω για το τερας καθεαυτου και οχι για γραφικα κτλπ..Μην με λιθοβολησετε..
    Διαφωνώ κάθετα οριζόντια και διαγώνια!
    Το PET είναι πάρα πολύ ωραία σχεδιασμένο, φοβερό το ότι όλοι χρησιμοποιούν τουλάχιστον 3 ζώα για να το περιγράψουν και εκτός όλων αυτών είναι και πάρα πολύ γλυκούλι! Άχου το!

383 (τουλάχιστον) και σήμερα!

Name
    Δημήτρης

Πρωτα απο ολα δεν ειναι ΤΕΡΑΣ! Ειναι ενα πλασμα και ειναι τρισχαριτωμενο και κυριως πρωτοτυπο. Κατι εντελως διαφορετικο που δεν μοιαζει με τιποτα αλλο. Αυτος ηταν και ο στοχος των δημιουργων. Εγω το βρισκω καταπληκτικο.

Το χειροτερο που θα μπορουσαν να κανουν θα ηταν να εβαζαν ενα υποτυπωδες κλισε στυλ δρακου ή αλλου μυθολογικου πλασματος οπως ειπε και ο Enstikto πιο πανω.

PSN ID
    Nek_Food

Α, και το λένε Trico από ότι βλέπουμε και τελικά δεν είναι σκύλο-πουλο που έλεγα αλλά γατό-πουλο από ότι λένε οι ίδιοι (βλ. παρακάτω). Χαίρομαι που το ξεκαθαρίσαμε αυτό.
    Εκτός και εάν δεν είναι επίσημο αλλά προσωπική εκτίμηση του αρθρογράφου, οπότε την μπατάραμε την βάρκα...

Ueda's goal with this year's TGS trailer was to communicate two things -- first, that players shouldn't assume a sad ending because of how Ico and Shadow of the Colossus ended, and second that the bird/cat creature Trico now has more animation when it moves around.

PSN ID
    q1908gate13
    Name
    Νίκος

Nα συμπληρώσω οτι η επιλογή του σκύλου για πρόσωπο του pet/συντρόφου μας, μόνο τυχαία δεν μου φαίνεται.Α)Είναι σε όλους μας οικείο και μπορούμε άνετα να κάνουμε το ταυτίσουμε με τα δικά μας αληθινά pets και τον τρόπο σκέψης τους σε σχέση με τα άτομα που αγαπάνε και θέλουν να προστατέψουν από τυχόν κινδύνους.Β)Μπορεί να υποστηρίξει μεγάλη γκάμα συναισθημάτων την οποία εύκολα μπορεί να αναγνωρίσει ο gamer.

PSN ID
    enstikto
    Name
    Δημήτρης

Εγώ να προσθσω ότι η μητέρα μου που είναι πάρα πολύ ζωόφυλη αλλά μισεί το κάθε είδους τέρας έτυχε και είδε σε κάποια φάση το τρέϊλερ (το πρώτο της περσινής e3) και έλεγε συνέχεια "Τι γλυκούλι είναι αυτό", "Χρυσό μου" καιαλλα παρόμοια και μου ζήτησε να τις το γράψω το trailer να το βλέπει στο λαπτοπ!
    Αν αυτό δεν είναι επιτυχία τότε τί είναι; LOL!

PSN ID
    AlessG21
    Name
    Αλεξης

Ας εβαζαν ενα Λαμπραντορ αφου εχει και συναισθημα...!
    Ας κανουμε υπομονη λοιπον να το δουμε..Να παιξουμε και τα αλλα δυο που δεν ειχαμε παιξει αφου θα βγουνε!

PSN ID
    AlessG21
    Name
    Αλεξης

Quote Originally Posted by enstikto View Post
    Εγώ να προσθσω ότι η μητέρα μου που είναι πάρα πολύ ζωόφυλη αλλά μισεί το κάθε είδους τέρας έτυχε και είδε σε κάποια φάση το τρέϊλερ (το πρώτο της περσινής e3) και έλεγε συνέχεια "Τι γλυκούλι είναι αυτό", "Χρυσό μου" καιαλλα παρόμοια και μου ζήτησε να τις το γράψω το trailer να το βλέπει στο λαπτοπ!
    Αν αυτό δεν είναι επιτυχία τότε τί είναι; LOL!
    Θα γινει και η μαμα φανατικη gamer!Αυτα ειναι!

PSN ID
    Durden83
    Name
    Νίκος

Ueda: “Developing a truly immersive experience” is very important

Team Ico boss Fumito Ueda has said the R&D phase of The Last Guardian is finished, and the team has gone into crunch mode for the highly-anticipated title.

Speaking with the EU PS Blog, Ueda said R&D was done up front this time around, and he hoped the trailer released at TGS this week would “neutralize any assumption” regarding the game’s direction.

“We’ve been working on the final concept for the game over the past year, and I’m pleased to say that we have now locked that down and we’ve moved into full production,” he said.

“We learned from our experiences on ICO and Shadow of the Colossus that doing Research & Development at the same time as making the game slows down the process, so we decided to spend more time on R&D up front, testing out technologies and mechanics, before moving into full production. I’m glad to say that, right now, we’re in crunch mode.

“I’m always thinking about creating a game that I’d want to play but that doesn’t currently exist – I want to make that happen.

“As a creator, I think that developing a truly immersive experience and creating a believable reality even within a fictional world is very important and unique to the interactive nature of gaming.

“The last trailer we released sparked internet rumours of a sad ending, because of the arrows stuck in Trico’s back, and with people remembering the endings of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. We wanted to neutralise any assumption of the direction of the game. In addition, we wanted to show a bit more of the emotional attachment between the boy and Trico. The relationship between these two is core to the game experience.”

Udea also said the relationship between Trico and the boy in the game was not “established” at the start of it, like it was between Waner and Agro in Shadow of the Colossus.

“The [relationship between the two] is very similar to Rock, Paper, Scissors,” explained Ueda. “There will be times when Trico is paper, the boy is rock and the enemy is scissors. It’s a triangular relationship where strength is relative to the situation. For example, as you’ll see in the video, Trico can’t squeeze into small places and the boy can’t climb to high places, so they help each other out.

“In Shadow of the Colossus, people really liked the relationship between the two. The difference lies in the fact that Agro and Wander already had an established bond, whereas the relationship between Trico and the boy is new, and it develops throughout the game.

“Compared to Agro, who was a fully grown, tamed character, Trico is wilder, almost adolescent, and this comes through in his expressive personality which adds humour to the game.”

The Last Guardian was shown off a bit more at TGS, and if you haven’t watched the trailer for it already, do so here.

It’s slated for Christmas 2011.

PSN ID
    Durden83
    Name
    Νίκος

The Last Guardian may support Move

The Last Guardian director Fumito Ueda has said the game may support PlayStation Move.

Speaking in an interview with
    Dengeki Online, Ueda said there’s a possibility of Move support being included when the game launches, although he did add, “If we do adopt Move, it would be Move-compatible, and not exclusive.”

Also in the interview, Ueda said the new PS3 revamps of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus will include Trophy support – although that’s a given as it’s now a requirement for any new game being released on the system.

Name
    Δημήτρης

Team Ico Talks: Fumito Ueda on The Last Guardian, Shadow of The Colossus

While in Tokyo, I had the pleasure of speaking with Ueda-san about The Last Guardian and his upcoming PS3 compilation Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection. I knew that getting a lot of firm details about a game as enigmatic and ambitious as The Last Guardian would be no easy task, so I decided to focus my questions on learning more about how the game plays, its core mechanics, and nuances I spotted in the trailer. Ueda-san’s replies provide a rare glimpse into one of 2011′s most intriguing games.

Sid Shuman: How would you describe The Last Guardian to somebody who had never seen it before?
    Fumito Ueda, Director, The Last Guardian: It’s not a pet game, but there is a live animal in the game. I would describe it as an adventure game that you play with this animal.

SS: Will you control the boy, Trico, or both?
    FU: You can only control the boy.

SS: What can you tell us about the boy? Does he have a name? Is he on a quest of some sort?
    FU: The boy does not have a name…yet. The goal of the boy is to escape from the location you see in the trailer.

SS: Judging by the video, Trico appears to be be a powerful force in combat situations. Is there a combat element to The Last Guardian? How does it work?
    FU: As you saw in the video, Trico is able to defeat an enemy with one swipe. So in that sense, he functions as a guardian of sorts. But the boy is unable to defeat the enemies on his own — that’s the gameplay element involved.

SS: What can you tell us about the enemies we’ve seen in The Last Guardian? In the trailer, they appear to almost fall apart like statues…
    FU: I can’t give you any details about the enemies. But I will say that they are not acting fully out of their own intentions.

SS: Is Trico the only creature of that size in The Last Guardian’s world?
    FU: Again, I can’t give you any specific details. But there may be something like that out there…

SS: Shadow of the Colossus was known for its unusual control scheme. Will The Last Guardian follow suit with its controls, or will the controls feel familiar to players?
    FU: The actual method of controls and button layouts have not been decided yet, because it doesn’t take much time to change the control scheme. But because we’re using the theme of an animal for The Last Guardian, I also want people who are not serious game players to try out this game. So I want the controls to be simpler than before.

SS: Many game journalists — and even the entry on Wikipedia — have described Shadow of the Colossus as one of the best examples for video games being an art form. How does that make you feel? Do you agree?
    FU: I’m happy about it, I’m flattered. But I wonder what part are they are referring to when they make that comment, that it’s art. What part are they looking at? Because I think it’s possible to make it even more artistic. But because it’s a video game, those possibilities have been subdued somewhat — it’s a game. So I’d be interested to know what part, exactly, they mean when they refer to it as art.
    There are games out there that are much more artistic than Shadow of the Colossus. And personally I also believe that it would be possible to make it even more “arty,” so to speak.

SS: What other games do you think represent a good argument for games as art?
    FU: I guess it depends on how you define art, of course. But in a Japanese conception of the term “art,” it’s thought that it might be something that’s difficult to understand, or complex. Or something unique or uncommon.
    So given that definition of art, maybe it’s a little detrimental to actually name any titles.

SS: You were asking why so many people name Shadow of the Colossus as an example of art. I think many people would answer that it’s because players begin to sympathize with the Colossi…

FU: So it makes you think — I understand.

PSN ID
    modecris
    Name
    Χρήστος

[YOUTUBE]X-032_hbXrg[/YOUTUBE]

Όλα στα Ιαπωνικά (και λίγα Γαλλικά) οπότε αρκεστείτε στα ματάκια σας!

Name
    Δημήτρης

Sony Confirms Last Guardian For Q4 2011

Sony has run down 20 PlayStation-exclusive titles planned for release this year, including Team Ico's highly anticipated The Last Guardian, set for the end of the year
    Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, Resistance 3, Infamous 2 and, of course, Uncharted 3 also make the list, posted on the US PlayStation blog.
    Team Ico's collection, featuring HD versions of PS2 classics Ico and Shadow of the Colossus will hit in the Spring, while some games listed (below) have yet to be be given a release window.
    “Trico can defend the boy from other dangers lurking in the fortress-like game world”

• Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel (March, 2011)
    • Hyperdimension Neptunia (February, 2011)
    • The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection (spring, 2011)
    • inFAMOUS 2 (2011)
    • Journey (2011)
    • Killzone 3 (February 22, 2011)
    • The Last Guardian (Holiday, 2011)
    • LittleBigPlanet 2 (January 18, 2011)
    • MLB 11 The Show (March 8, 2011)
    • MotorStorm Apocalypse (spring, 2011)
    • No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise (fall, 2011)
    • PixelJunk Shooter 2 (2011)
    • PlayStation Move Heroes (spring, 2011)
    • Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (fall, 2011)
    • Resistance 3 (September 6, 2011)
    • SOCOM 4 (2011)
    • Sorcery (2011)
    • Twisted Metal (2011)
    • UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception (November 1, 2011)
    • Yakuza 4 (March 15, 2011)

According to the blog, The Last Guardian will pit players as a boy that "will need to tend to and escort the plus-sized Trico… not always an easy task, considering that the big lug has a mind of his own. In turn, Trico can defend the boy from other dangers lurking in the fortress-like game world." Awesome.

Ohhhhh Yeahhh!!

2011 = Best Playstation year ever?? (και ναι συμπεριλαμβανω ολες τις κονσολες απο το PSone μεχρι το PS3, καμμια χρονια δεν ειχε τοσο πραγμα μαζεμενο...εβερ!)

PSN ID
    sitos1979
    Name
    Mαριούλης

ναι αλλα δεν βλεπω κατι το νεο !!!! πολλα παιχνιδια σε επανεκδοση η συνεχειες!!!1-2 οκ καλα ειναι αλλα δεν θα ελεγα και καλυτερη χρονια εβερ με τους πειρατες να την καταστρεφουν θα ελεγα καλη χρονια μια χωρις αυτους του αθλιους

PSN ID
    hakoo_

Σιγουρα πολλα παραπανω απο 1-2 καλα παιχνιδια.Και μιλαμε μονο για exclusives, αν συμπεριλαβουμε και τα εξαιρετικα multiplat που αναμενονται φετος τι θα πρωτοπαιξουμε βασικα.
    Δεν ξερω αν ειναι καλη επιλογη της Sony να στριμωξει και το TLG μεσα στο 2011 για να ειμαι ειλικρινης.

Eγώ τώρα γιατί αγαπάω πολύ τους Ιάπωνες;.....
    Όπως και κάποιες ταινίες του ιαπωνικού κινηματογράφου, έτσι και κάποια παιχνίδια αντιπροσωπεύουν ορισμένα στοιχεία του ιδιαίτερου χαρακτήρα τους. Δεν είναι τυχαίο ότι τα Ico, Shadow of the Colossus και τώρα αυτό, είναι ιαπωνικά. Δεν είμαι απόλυτα σίγουρος, αλλά δεν γνωρίζω άλλα παιχνίδια, ευρωπαϊκά ή αμερικάνικα, που να έχουν αυτόν τον ιδιαίτερο χαρακτήρα και ατμόσφαιρα των συγκεκριμένων παιχνιδιών.
    Ωραία πράγματα διαβάζουμε για το The Last Guardian. Νομίζω ότι θα είναι κάτι μοναδικό. Εμένα προσωπικά, μου αρκεί που οι ίδιοι οι δημιουργοί δηλώνουν ότι σκοπός τους είναι να δημιουργήσουν ένα ιδιαίτερο παιχνίδι, που θα σε απορροφάει και θα στηρίζεται στη σχέση των δύο πρωταγωνιστών.
    Το ζωάκι και μένα στην αρχή με είχε ξενίσει και το πρώτο πράγμα που είχα σκεφτεί ήταν: "δεν μπορούσαν να βάλουν κάτι άλλο, πιο ωραίο;". Αλλά στην τελική, είτε θεωρηθεί όμορφο είτε όχι, δεν είναι αυτό το ζητούμενο. Είναι ένα ιδιαίτερο πλάσμα και σίγουρα η τελική του μορφή δεν μπορεί να είναι τυχαία. Θα έχουν τους λόγους τους οι δημιουργοί, για να το φτιάξουν έτσι.
    Σε λίγο καιρό θα έχουμε Ico & SotC Collection και μετά τούτο εδώ. Και να μην είχα αγοράσει PS3, θα πήγαινα τώρα τρέχοντας να το πάρω.....

PSN ID
    kostasb13
    Name
    Κώστας

Nταξει, το πιο αναμενομενο παιχνιδι για μενα απο τη στιγμη που πηρα ps3.
    Φανταζομαι οτι δεν ειμαι ο μονος που θεωρει το SOC το καλυτερο παιχνιδι στο ps2 και ειμαι βεβαιος οτι και το TLG θα ειναι αλλο ενα αριστουργημα απο την ico. Και θα κυκλοφορησει φετος τελικα, αυτα ειναι νεα!

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast