Default MediEvil (2019)

Πολύ ωραίο νέο!

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G935F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name
    Λεωνίδας

Έχει βρει το ρυθμό της η Sony με τα remakes
    Spoiler (παιχνιδια/ταινιες/βιβλια) -δεν πα να χει βγει 100 χρονια η ταινια- = -rep

PSN ID
    BillyFlo81
    Name
    Βασίλης

Πολύ καλά νέα για έναν ιδιαίτερο κλασικό τιτλο. Πριν δύο τρία χρονακια είχε διαρρεύσει ενα fake fanmade project για το ps4 κ μας είχε ανάψει φωτιές τότε, όμως η sony φροντισε να εκπληρώσει κ αυτή την επιθυμία μας. Το medievil το ειχα αγοράσει κ στο ps3 (playstation classics), οπότε κ στα 1080p να το βγάζανε πάλι δε θα με χάλαγε καθόλου.

Επίτιμο Μέλος Forum GOD WolfRathmA's Avatar
    PSN ID
    WolfRathmA_GR
    Name
    Αποστόλης

Καταπληκτικά νέα!
    LG OLED 65C3 | Marantz SR5015 | Klipsch R-620F , R-51M , R-34C - SVS SB1000Pro - Elipson IC6 [5.1.2] Dolby Atmos | PS5 |

Follow me!

Αν ειναι με γραφικα αλα crash τοτε οντως θα μιλαμε για φοβερα νεα,γιαυτο περιμενω να δω πρωτα gameplay.

PSN ID
    Lefteris_X

Αν υποθέσω ότι στο τελευταίο δευτερόλεπτο που πετάγεται αυτό το creature προς την κάμερα είναι τα πραγματικά γραφικά του παιχνιδιού, τότε μιλάμε για pure remaster όπως το Crash.

Όπως είπα και στο άλλο θρεντ (αυτό με τα remaster/remake), για εμένα είναι day 1 αγορά, καθότι είμαι πλατφορμάκιας μέχρι θανάτου (η coin-op-ίλα δεν έχει φύγει από μέσα μου).

PSN ID
    Christoforos7
    Name
    ΧΡΙΣΤΟΦΟΡΟΣ

Πω πω το είχα λιώσει παλιά, σίγουρα θα το αγοράσω να θυμηθώ τα νιάτα μου

Στάλθηκε από το F5321 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

xbox:Christoforo7s

PSN ID
    BillyFlo81
    Name
    Βασίλης

Interview: MediEvil Creators Give Their Verdict on the Forthcoming PS4 Remaster

"The announcement totally came out of the blue"

The news that Sony is remastering MediEvil, one of its most beloved 32-bit classics, certainly caused quite a stir, and with good reason; the original game was a massive commercial and critical success back in the '90s.

However, for two of the key figures behind the 1998 title's development, the news is somewhat bittersweet. Chris Sorrell - who also created fellow '90s icon James Pond - served as creative director on the original game and it was from his fertile imagination that MediEvil was born. Currently working on VR projects as well as a long-planned independent game, he reveals that the news came as a surprise. β€œIt definitely came out of the blue," he explains. β€œI wouldn’t have expected them to do this after so long and I certainly have a lot of questions! Who is working on this? Which version of MediEvil are they re-mastering? And of course do they have the time and budget to get this right?!"

Lead designer Jason Wilson - who now writes and illustrates comics under the pen name Jay Gunn and has had his work published by Titan Books - was equally shocked by the news. "I first heard of the Sony announcement via Spanish MediEvil fans on Twitter," he says. "At first I discounted it as another fan-made game, trailer, or fan-film. The fan cult that has grown up around MediEvil is actually quite amazing and only that week a Russian MediEvil fanclub had interviewed me about the making of the game’s art and design and also included a potted history of the studio and Chris’ work. But it turned out that this was an actual 100 per cent official Sony announcement and at first I was rather bemused then happy at the thought of our fun game being released; it was after all the happiest time I had spent in the games industry and I’m proud of our work on MediEvil."

Despite not having any inside information relating to the new game, Sorrell's hopes are as high. "I would really love to believe that the game will receive the kind of respectful, state of the art update that we’ve seen a number of times now from Bluepoint or that Vicarious Visions achieved with their Crash remasters. Just the other day I was watching videos of the new Shadow of the Colossus remaster and thinking how awesome it would be to see a new version of MediEvil looking nearly so beautiful! If that’s what’s happening then I’m sad not to be part of that team, but I know I’d be thrilled to one day load up that game and revisit Gallowmere in 4K splendour. Giving me hope is the fact that so far this generation, Sony seem to have been doing an amazing job of meeting fan expectations with its remasters. Added to that, I see Shawn Layden announcing the game with such excitement and I’m reminded of what a great ally he was to our team, helping us to work with Sony partners in Japan to create the Japanese version of MediEvil. Really, I have nothing but respect and admiration for Shawn and I knew the PS platform was in good hands when I saw him pick up the top job."

However, this optimism is tempered slightly by Sorrell's previous experiences in the industry. "I’ve been a little burnt by the dismal 're-mastering’ James Pond games have received over the years," he says. "A Sony remaster is obviously a whole different kettle of fish (gah, can’t help those puns!), but it does make me a little nervous. With regard to the MediEvil franchise, I made the terrible (personal) decision to pass on MediEvil 2 and watched as they made a great MediEvil game but with a noticeably skewed tone, as if filtered through the eyes of a leery schoolboy. MediEvil Resurrection came up just after I’d finished work on Primal. I would have loved to work on that, but thanks to some moronic studio direction, a team that would have been perfect for ’24’ made MediEvil and my team was pushed into working on ’24’. It was made clear that ‘they needed space to make their own game’ and with the failings of Primal so fresh I was in no place to argue. The team went on to make a game that no doubt was technically superior to the original, and made some notable character design improvements - I really liked their update of Sir Dan. But... it also spoiled a number of other characters, messed with the story, weakened several levels, and omitted some of the best, most quintessentially MediEvil levels altogether."

Sorrell's single biggest fear is that this new title will use Resurrection as its base rather than the 'definitive' original. "This seems quite likely since those source assets will be in a far fresher state," he explains. "I hope I’m wrong about that. I hope there are people involved that would appreciate that this isn’t the version of the game that fans want, or better yet, people that would truly ’get’ why - to a MediEvil fan - this version missed the mark."

All that being said, both Sorrell and Wilson retain some optimism over the new version of the game, with Chris saying 'Working on MediEvil was a definitely a special time in my career and the one of the most enjoyable team experiences I’ve even had. If the new team has as much fun with this as we did back then, then perhaps my fears are unfounded.'

Wilson adds: 'I hope that Sony and a new team honours the legacy of Sir Dan and have as much fun as we had making it the first time round. I know that there are many fans around the world that share the same wish.'

PSN ID
    BillyFlo81
    Name
    Βασίλης

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name
    Λεωνίδας

Spoiler (παιχνιδια/ταινιες/βιβλια) -δεν πα να χει βγει 100 χρονια η ταινια- = -rep

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leon_DiZ For This Useful Post:

BillyFlo81 (05-06-2018),Error Flynn (20-10-2018)

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name
    Λεωνίδας

Θα έχουμε νέα για το παιχνίδι μέσα στον Οκτώβριο.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comment...g_week_or_two/

https://soundcloud.com/playstation/p...0-spooktacular

34 minutes in Sean Layden says there will be an update about the game in the next two weeks.

most likely a release date or a gameplay video shown

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leon_DiZ For This Useful Post:

BillyFlo81 (20-10-2018),Error Flynn (20-10-2018)

PSN ID
    BillyFlo81
    Name
    Βασίλης

Αντε επιτέλους, ελπίζω να ναι καλό. Είμαι περίεργος να δω ποιο studio κρύβεται πίσω από την ανάπτυξη του τίτλου.

PSN ID
    BillyFlo81
    Name
    Βασίλης

Gematsu: MediEvil PS4 a remake developed by Other Ocean Interactive, trailer coming October 31

A new trailer for MediEvil for PlayStation 4 will be released on October 31, Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios chairman Shawn Layden confirmed on the latest PlayStation Blogcast.

Layden also shared a few new details about the game.

“I think there have been some words that might sound alike but mean different things—like remake and remaster,” Layden said. “This is a remake. We’ve taken the original game design and we’ve taken a lot of the key art, and some of the other attributes of the game design and ethos, if you will, and we’re working with a developer called Other Ocean Interactive, and they are remaking MediEvil and that design—the original MediEvil from PS1. The original one—the one that I worked on. (So this is based on the PS1 version of the game?) Exactly.”

Layden continued, “We’re working with some of the talent that were originally associated with the title 20 years ago, so we’re making sure that we’re keeping it real, keeping it to the original intent of the creators. It’s sweet, I tell you. On Halloween, please get to a streaming video point near you and check it out.”

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BillyFlo81 For This Useful Post:

Error Flynn (26-10-2018)

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name
    Λεωνίδας

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/stat...21451973062656

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Leon_DiZ For This Useful Post:

Error Flynn (26-10-2018)

PSN ID
    BillyFlo81
    Name
    Βασίλης

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillyFlo81 For This Useful Post:

Error Flynn (31-10-2018),jk_blue_tiger (01-11-2018)

Επίτιμο Μέλος Forum GOD WolfRathmA's Avatar
    PSN ID
    WolfRathmA_GR
    Name
    Αποστόλης

Ακόμα και στο trailer μπορείς να καταλάβεις ότι το gameplay πρέπει μάλλον να έχει τα προβλήματά του...
    LG OLED 65C3 | Marantz SR5015 | Klipsch R-620F , R-51M , R-34C - SVS SB1000Pro - Elipson IC6 [5.1.2] Dolby Atmos | PS5 |

Follow me!

PSN ID
    Error__Flynn
    Name
    Βασίλης

Ενώ δε δείχνει άσχημο ταυτόχρονα δε μου περνά και την ίδια εντύπωση που μου άφησε το Crash ή το Spyro από τεχνικής άποψης...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Error Flynn For This Useful Post:

WolfRathmA (01-11-2018)

PSN ID
    BillyFlo81
    Name
    Βασίλης

Αντικατεστησα το trailer που ανέβασα νωρίτερα γιατί είχε κάποιο θέμα με το framerate.

Πάντως για μένα αυτό είναι το πιο αναμενόμενο psone classic. Γοητευμένος τοτε με το art style κ την μουσική του, είχα παίξει αμέτρητες φορές το Demo κ στη συνέχεια το απέκτησα κ στο ps3 (psone port). Πότε όμως δεν κατάφερα να το τερματίσω, οπότε τώρα είναι η κατάλληλη ευκαιρία να το ολοκληρώσω.

PSN ID
    hakoo_

Νοstalgia φουλ το συγκεκριμενο, θυμαμαι χαρακτηριστικα κατι Χριστουγεννα (γυμνασιο? κατι τετοιο) να το εχω λιωσει. Πολυ εξυπνο και διαφορετικο platformer με καλλιτεχνικη διευθυνση που δεν θυμιζε κανενα αλλο παιχνιδι μιας και τοτε ηταν στα φορτε τους οι μασκοτ. Αυτο ειχε εναν κεντρικο ηρωα μια αντιμασκοτ στην ουσια, μαυρο χιουμορ κτλ. Αρκετα μπροστα απο την εποχη του απο αποψη καλλιτεχνικης διευθυνσης.
    Το trailer δεν με ενθουσιασε, ειναι προφανες οτι δεν πηρε το ιδιο treatment με crash και spyro, επισης οι fan made δουλειες που εχουν κανει την εμφανιση τους στο youtube δεν βοηθανε μιας και ειναι καποιες αρκετα ανωτερες τεχνικα απο αυτο που βλεπω παραπανω. Παρολα αυτα λογικα θα το τιμησω.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast