Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kojima Sony

PSN ID
    Lefteris_X

Neo features. Neo, Sony, , showcase Neo ( Gran Turismo).

PSN ID
    panos74gr
    Name

Quote Originally Posted by Lefteris_X View Post
    Και ίσως πάει για Neo features. Όχι βέβαια αποκλειστικά για Neo, καθώς το απαγορεύει η Sony, αλλά όοοοοταν θα βγει το παιχνίδι, θα είναι showcase του Neo σίγουρα (μαζί με το Gran Turismo).
    Έχω την εντύπωση ότι όταν θα βγει το παιχνίδι (τουλάχιστον 2 χρόνια από τωρα κατα εμε) το NEO θα ειναι old history και θα υπάρχουν ήδη αρκετά showcases για αυτό.

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

LUDENS, the icon of Kojima Productions.

Spoiler (//) - 100 - = -rep

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

HIDEO KOJIMA'S WORLD TOUR HAS BEEN TO FIND AN ENGINE FOR HIS NEW GAME

Hideo Kojima has confirmed that his first post-Konami game will use a third-party engine, and that his well-documented trips to meet creatives - in video games and otherwise - have at least in part been to find which tools his new project will utilise.

Speaking at the Nordic Game 2016 festival, Kojima explained that in order to ensure a timely release for the new Kojima Productions' debut, he had to go against his preferred methods:

"I actually think it's better to make games using internal tools," Kojima said. "As for my first title, because I want to release it to the people who are waiting for it, for that title we are going to use a third-party engine - the reason I am travelling around the world is looking for such technology to use."

Kojima has previously said that he and PS4 architect, Mark Cerny were"searching for the newest technology", but it's not been clear exactly what that meant until today.
    Kojima's tour has seen him visit Quantic Dream (currently working on a new engine), and CryEngine creators Crytek, among others.

His new game is said to be for fans of AAA action, and his talk emphasised that his plans for it expanded beyond being a "small title" after his meetings during the tour:

"At the beginning I was thinking to make a small title, [but] after I met friends and acquaintances worldwide they said, 'no everyone's expecting you to make a big title'. So the first title coming from me will be a big title."

PSN ID
    Slay2012

, ? ' ' licence, Frostbyte.

PSN ID
    kamenos13
    Name

?

Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    + IP + Kojima = PS5 launch title
    PS4 NEO Exclusive. Sony ( ) PS4. Kojima .

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

tour . ( ) - studios.

Hideo Kojima's new studio will be capped at 100 staff

You can expect to see the full interview tomorrow, but while we wait for that to land, here's what he had to say (via a translator) about his plans on keeping the studio relatively small, and thus efficient.

"I'm aiming to keep the staff less than 100 people," he said, before adding later: "I am searching for technology and at the same time hiring new people, and visiting the (...) studio to get inspiration about what kind of studio I want to make/create."

He then joked about what he had seen on his travels. "I've found that at any studio the kitchen is very important... I saw at DICE in Stockholm they had 40 microwaves, and also there's so many coffee makers, and I understood that that is very important."

Then Kojima-san discussed his plans moving forward, at which point he made one of few the references to his past work at Konami. "At the time of the Metal Gear Solid the staff was over 200 people, something like this..."

The translator continued, later adding: "He wants to connect to the developers directly... So it will be around 100 people, but not more. Keep it that size."

After that we were treated to an analogy where he compared the situation in Hollywood where up to 1000 people can work on a movie, but with so many people there can be communication issues, framing the point around a glass of water. Who is it for? How much water do they want to drink? It can be hard to work out exactly what is needed without direct contact between staff.

Kojima on why he's modelling his studio on Media Molecule

"We aim to make a kind of small, intimate type of studio, and I felt like Media Molecule in London is quite similar to what I'm trying to make," the former Konami developer told us via his translator.

Kojima then went on to discuss how many Japanese studios have a macho culture, with middle-aged men handing orders down through the ranks (he likens it to the military). This is obviously not something he wants to replicate with his own endeavour.

"At Media Molecule... it looks like the kitchen is the most important part," he said, once again remarking on another studio's cooking facilities, "and there are quite many female people working too, so it's kind of a strange feeling."

The more balanced workforce clearly resonated with him, because he then mentioned it had a "very, very familiar feeling at the studio, and that is what I want to create."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Leon_DiZ For This Useful Post:

teras1 (23-05-2016)

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

PSN ID
    air23gr

norman reedus(PT-Walking Dead)

PSN ID
    panos74gr
    Name

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

Kojima on why he partnered with Sony (translation of French interview)

Gameblog: Why did you choose Sony as a partner for the first project of your new studio, Kojima Productions?

Hideo Kojima: I'll admit I received numerous offers. But for our first title, I wanted to ensure that we would be under the best conditions. I've maintained for a while now a wonderful relationship with Sony, with absolute trust between us, which allows me to focus on the creative aspects. Working with another partner would definitely have required more time on the non-game development tasks. It would have taken time for contract negotiations, and I don't think things would have happened as quickly as they have to date. Working with Sony also afforded me a lot of freedom, and their support has been exceptional.

For example, if this had been with a "normal" company, right now, I'd be preparing a pitch for my game, we'd be looking for financing, explaining what we wanted to do. Like with a Kickstarter.

With Sony, of course I have to explain my plan to them, but they immediately told me "go for it, do you what you have to do." They offered me their trust. All the energy that would have gone into the project pitch, I could focus it on the creation of the project itself. That makes a real difference.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Leon_DiZ For This Useful Post:

teras1 (16-06-2016)

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leon_DiZ For This Useful Post:

panos74gr (26-01-2017),spartan (26-01-2017)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234