Square Enix held a quick Nier Automata Q&A on Facebook this morning with Yosuke Saito, Takahisa Taura, and Yoko Taro, the Producer, Designer, and Director for the game respectively.
Link to Video
(No sound for first 1:30)
Originally Posted by Yosuke Saito, Producer of NieR Automata
- Is there a possibility of a NieR Remaster or Re-Release? "There is a very high possibility if NieR Automata sells like hotcakes, yes."
- How long is NieR Automata? "To get to the true ending, the team tells me around 25 hours. For completionists, it'll be around 55 to 60 hours."
- Will there be extra costumes? "That's a secret!"
- Will there be multiple endings? "Of course, but they won't be unlocked in the same way as the previous game. You'll have to figure out how to get them on your own."
Originally Posted by Takahisa Taura, Designer from Platinum Games
- Any Updates on the PC Version? "We're working hard on it, but if I said anything, ninjas from SE would try to kill me, so I've got nothing to announce."
- Is a Switch Port Planned? "If SE pays us for it, we'll make it - we'll even make it for the super nintendo."
- Will there be Easter Eggs in the game? (Like 2B Petting her Pod with the Touch Pad.) "Yes, there will be many like that throughout the game."
- Was the Demo part of the game, or seperate? "It happens in the game, but there are events both before and after."
- Will Automata switch Genres like the original NieR did? (i.e: Text Adventure) "Yoko-san had to put in another text adventure just because people hated the first one."
Originally Posted by Yoko Taro, Director of NieR: Automata
- Please Sum up Automata in one Sentence. "It's the one that's not Final Fantasy."
- Has 2B's popularity caught you off guard? "I had no idea she'd be this popular! No idea!"
- How will the characters develop over the course of the story? "It'll be something good like all Square Enix JRPGs!"
- Will this be the last NieR? "No idea!"
- Will you team up with Platinum again in the future? "If SE pays me, I'll do anything they want!"
- Do you have a face in there? "More important than that, it's so hot in here I'm about to die!"
- Do you have a message for the fans? "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."