Thread: Final Fantasy VII Remake

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

Spoiler (//) - 100 - = -rep

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

Final Fantasy VII Remake producer Yoshinori Kitase talks progress and more in Weekly Famitsu

Hows progress on Final Fantasy VII Remake?
    Kitase: “Were still brushing up the scenes we showed you in the trailer. The level of quality we need to hit is coming into view, but there is still some way to go from here.”

If it ends up a series and development takes a long time, will you maintain the quality of the first title throughout?
    Kitase: “I think its my responsibility to decide the level of quality and maintain that quality to the very end during production of the episodes. Of course, as the episodes progress, its only natural that the quality match.”
    (Editors Note: Final Fantasy VII Remake will be a “multi-part series.”)

What will you do to fill the gap between episodes?
    Kitase: “Final Fantasy VII spreads out laterally in a compilation. There isnt a concrete plan, but since we cant put out a game in just a few months, I want to think of a way to sustain interest in between releases.”

Would you want to put out a movie with the Final Fantasy VII Remake models?
    Kitase: “I feel like I want to do various things. (Laughs.)”

What is the possibility of Final Fantasy XV-like downloadable content and smartphone content?
    Kitase: “I would like to use [Final Fantasy XV] as a point of reference. While I would like to take measures such as doing live streams to interact with users, with this episode system I think well be using all of our energy on reaching the end of the original game, so I dont really know whether or not well be able to do things between episodes and other titles.”

Regarding battles..
    Kitase: “Weve solidified the base [of the battle system]. Tetsuya Nomura, of course, and Mitsunori Takahashi, who took part in Kingdom Hearts and Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy, are putting all of their effort into it.”

Regarding Materia and other systems…

Kitase: “There are a lot of things I still cant say, but were not going to remove the things that were popular in Final Fantasy VII.”

Director Tetsuya Nomura said that he would like to show the progress of Final Fantasy VII Remake at some point this year…

Kitase: “I have hope that it will happen, but that still hasnt been decided. However, when we show it next, I would like to do so in a way thats a step further than a trailer, such as at an event where people can experience it.”

Please remake Final Fantasy VI!
    “Right now, were working on Final Fantasy VII… The staff within the company are also saying it [that they want a remake of Final Fantasy VI], but it continues to be put off.”

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Leon_DiZ For This Useful Post:

dimagic (04-02-2017)

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leon_DiZ For This Useful Post:

dimagic (20-02-2017),muku (20-02-2017),spartan (19-02-2017)

PSN ID
    hakoo_

2018 , KH 2 . 2 2018 .

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Concept Art

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

Following a recent job posting to hire additional battle and level planners, Final Fantasy VII Remake Art Director & VFX Director Shintaro Takai sat down with CGWorld to give readers a bit of a retrospective on his work experience with the original title, as well as shared some details on the development team working on the remake.

One interesting piece of trivia in the interview is that very few staff members who worked on the original Final Fantasy VII are involved with the development of Final Fantasy VII Remake.

View Takais response below:

CGWorld: About how many people are there working on Final Fantasy VII Remake that previously participated in the development of Final Fantasy VII, such as yourself, Takai-san?

Shintaro Takai: “There are only a very few. Starting with producer Yoshinori Kitase-san, director Tetsuya Nomura-san, and scenario writer Kazushige Nojima-san, theres only very few of us. Most of Final Fantasy VII Remakes developers are those with experience on the Final Fantasy series after Final Fantasy VII along with new people who joined. We have a lot of people apply saying I played Final Fantasy VII when I was a child and I really liked it so I want to be a part of it. It seems like Final Fantasy VII is a bit of a special title even among game developers.”

Since the devleopment team is, in every way, aiming to surpass the quality of the original game, Takai continues on the discussion detailing how he, in particular, is supporting the next generation of developers to push their work to overall produce a title that is more than just a conventional remake.

Check out his responses below:

CGWorld: Fans who were left with a big impression at the time may particularly have big expectations from Final Fantasy VII Remake. Takai-san, what are some of the things youre thinking about keeping or changing from Final Fantasy VII?

Shintaro Takai: “Thats a difficult question. I dont really think about This is how Final Fantasy VII did it, so lets do it like this for Final Fantasy VII Remake. Back when Final Fantasy VII was being developed, I didnt think as deeply about effects as I do today. For example, lets say when a certain enemy in Final Fantasy VII attacked they would shoot out red fire, but maybe there wasnt much meaning behind that red color. If it were today, I would think more along the lines of This enemy was born here or there, they use these kinds of weapons, because of the energy source it shoots out red fire, and explodes with smoke. Even if thats not part of the official setting, I would take it upon myself to come up with a reason and story. So the representation from back then and today are not necessarily directly connected.”

So youre saying that you wont just take the world of Final Fantasy VII and reproduce it using todays technology.

Takai: “While it cant be something that will make fans of Final Fantasy VII feel like something is off, we cant just simply increase the graphics quality either. I want us to make it with deep thoughts. For example, I tell the effects designers that if theyre going to heal using Cure, instead of just making shiny particles Make it energy around a character that cant be seen but is being collectively visualized and absorbed into their body as light. I will tell them to think of stories like that while working on it.”

You previously mentioned that there were many cases of Final Fantasy VII Remakes developers say in their application that they played Final Fantasy VII when they were kids, but what about you personally, what thoughts did you have going into the development of Final Fantasy VII Remake?

Takai: “Personally speaking, Final Fantasy VII Remake is a title that has a sense of generational change to it. Those who grew up playing Final Fantasy VII are now developers of Final Fantasy VII Remake, and theyre gradually taking on more important roles. They are the ones I want to see give Final Fantasy VII a new shape. This time around my role is looking over the art direction as a whole as well as deciding on bigger specifications, and my focus is to create a work environment that makes it easier for everyone, so I want to make it a field that allows the younger guys to be more active. I say younger but theyre mostly in their early-30s, and while theyre more aged than they were in the past, I believe theyre people with plenty of activity to offer.”

For such a young generation developing Final Fantasy VII Remake, what skills or abilities would you say are required?

Takai: “Were not exactly looking for those with knowledge on Final Fantasy VII, so they dont need to be too eager about that. “Doing this would make it more Final Fantasy VII-esque” is something that is difficult to put into words, and I think thats a part that Kitase, Nomura, and I will be handling. Rather than that, I believe it would be easier for those with knowledge on the latest 3DCG and tools, or on the graphics quality of global hit AAA titles.”
    So basically, those who might say “I dont have much experience playing Final Fantasy VII, but I want to polish my career by working on a game with worldwide expectations” might have a chance?

Takai: “Yes. Whats important is that persons technique, sense, and will. Actually, among the current designers of the effects team, there are some who hardly even played Final Fantasy VII. Well, they at least know character names and the gist of the story [laughs]. Final Fantasy VII Remakes development structure is already solidifying the core parts, but since the effects are something that we aim to raise the quality until the very last process of development, I believe theres still plenty of room for activity.”

Final Fantasy VII Remake is currently in development for PlayStation 4.

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

FF VII Legends Reunion

DKHF said:
    Kitase says if Uematsu had said something in this interview it might "break the internet". Maybe it's that he's doing the full FFVIIR score rather than just a few songs? But this interview was held before his break announcement so maybe it's no longer the case if that was it.

Source.

UPDATE: What Kitase meant Uematsu had already accidentally said at an earlier concert might be this (thanks to DKHF):

DKHF said:
    I was confused but I saw this: https://twitter.com/aibo_ac7/status/1050762394312486912

Says he is probably referring to when Uematsu implied at a concert FFVIIR was originally meant to come out this year? I think it's a mistranslation in the subs and Kitase meant he said something different in the interview

I think Uematsu at a concert possibly implying FFVIIR was meant to come out this year only spread a bit in Japan and not overseas at all but I can't really remember what happened with that.

Sources 1, 2.

2015, 2018 2019( ) .

Square Final Fantasy .

PSN ID
    hakoo_

thread FFversus .
    , . .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hakoo For This Useful Post:

AgentPrinny007 (14-10-2018)

PSN ID
    air23gr

dlc Final Fantasy 15 2019 7.
    KH3 FF7.

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

Quote Originally Posted by Fulgore View Post
    dlc Final Fantasy 15 2019 7.
    KH3 FF7.
    DLC FF XV.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon_DiZ View Post
    DLC FF XV.
    3 dlc 2019 release .

PSN ID
    furionmike

Guys sorry.. o ? turn-based action 15(FF XV) ? ;
    Last edited by FurionMike; 13-10-2018 at 23:51.

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

Quote Originally Posted by FurionMike View Post
    Guys sorry.. o ? turn-based action 15(FF XV) ? ;
    Action Kingdom Hearts ( Dissidia)

The battle system is being handled by Nomura and Mitsunori Takahashi, the latter of whom had worked on both the Kingdom Hearts series and Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy.[30

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Leon_DiZ For This Useful Post:

FurionMike (14-10-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by hakoo View Post

23. The Following User Says Thank You to AgentPrinny007 For This Useful Post:

hakoo (14-10-2018)

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/statu...295352834?s=21

PSN ID
    Leon_DiZ
    Name

KH3 7.

Basically, various devs are commenting about 2019: http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/54608860.html
    Nomura:
    Keyword: 7
    Thoughts: Various presentations to be released.

Kitase:
    Keyword: Long-awaited!
    Thoughts: Development on Final Fantasy 7 Remake is progressing smoothly! I would like to try hard to meet the expectations of fans.

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast