ÐáéäéÜ åãþ áêïëïõèþ ôçí ðáñáêÜôù ôáêôéêÞ (êÜôé óáí defragmentation óôïí óêëçñü äßóêï), êáé äåí åß÷á ðüôå èÝìá ìå ôçí êïíóüëá êïëëÞìáôá êáé ëáãáñßóìáôá. Ôï êÜíù óõíÞèùò ìåôÜ áðü êÜðïéï firmware update Þ game install/update.
ìå ôçí ðáñáêÜôù äéáäéêáóßá íá áíáöÝñù äåí ÷Üíåôáé êáíÝíá áñ÷åßï áðï ôï PS4.

===

In this tutorial I will explain When, Why, and How to rebuild database aka run defragmenter (Windows) on the PlayStation 4 system.

Mods if you can move this to the support area and lock it that would be appreciated and remove this line.

When:

It's recommended to rebuild the database (defrag) after Firmware Updates, Game Patches, After installing games, and after approximately a half week to a week of use. I personally do mine once a week.

Why:

The reason behind Rebuilding the Database (defrag) is to gain back Read/Write performance from the Hard Drive. Doing so will increase the speed the system boots up, game load time, texture load time, etc. Since on the PlayStation 4 games are mainly installed on the hard drive the textures, etc load from the HDD. Constant Read/Writes can cause the files to become fragmented (Out of order). Causing a delay in load times. This is a recommended task by Sony. If you've ever called and told them your system is running slow, they will ask that you preform this.

*Please note, this will not fix network delays cause by client/host bandwidth.

How:

1) Turn the PlayStation 4 system completely off. Not in standby. Wait approximately 15 seconds to allow the Hard Drive to fully spin down.

2) Enter Safe Mode by pressing and holding the power button on the system till you hear the 2nd beep. Approximately 7 seconds.

3) Plug the DualShock 4 controller in to one of the systems USB ports with the supplied Micro USB Cable and press the 'PS' button on the controller.

4) Scroll down down to option "5. Rebuild Database" and press X. Choose Yes to continue.

The system will start the process and do not power down the system doing so might result in data corruption. It may take 30 seconds or longer depending on the amount of data on your hard drive.

*Note: You will not lose any data by preforming this.

===