Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Alien: Isolation

PSN ID
    hakoo_

Default Alien: Isolation

SEGA has finally announced Alien: Isolation, confirming the first official details on Creative Assembly's long-rumoured Alien title.
    alien isolation111111111111 -

Due for release on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PC in late 2014, Alien: Isolation follows the plights of Ellen Ripley's daughter Amanda, sent aboard remote trading station Sevastopol on a mission to recover the flight recorder of her mother's ship, the Nostromo, 15 years after the events of the original Alien movie.

The game also appears to be taking a starkly different direction to previous Aliens games, with the focus having moved away from combat and repositioned on slower-paced survival horror.

It's Amnesia in space, essentially, with Ripley stalked by a lone Xenomorph aboard the station.

"When she left Earth, Ellen Ripley promised her daughter Amanda she would return home for her 11th birthday. Amanda never saw her again," reads the story synopsis.
    alien isolation1111111111 -

"Fifteen years later, Amanda, now a Weyland-Yutani employee, hears that the flight recorder of her mother's ship, the Nostromo, has been recovered at the remote trading station Sevastopol. The temptation for her to finally understand what happened is too much to resist. When the crew arrive at Sevastopol, they find something is desperately wrong. It all seems to be connected to an unknown menace, stalking and killing deep in the shadows.

"In order to uncover the truth about her mother, Amanda is forced to confront the same terrifying thing that separated them."

The official announcement follows months of leaks, which saw screenshots, artwork and the synopsis leaking online. Still, if you want to see the first official screenshots head through here.

Interested in hearing more? Steve went hands-on with the game just before Christmas, but could it finally be an Alien game worth getting excited for? Well, yes...
    http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/al..._and_more.html

Announcement Trailer:

Gameplay Previews:

Video Interview:

Απο αυτα που διαβασα και απο αυτα που ειδα στο πρωτο gameplay demonstration video ειμαι παρα πολυ ικανοποιημενος, φαινεται οτι προκειται για μια προσπαθεια first person horror πιστο στην πρωτη ταινια του Scott. Ουτε χαμος απο aliens ουτε πιστολιδια ουτε καραγκιοζηλικια με marines ουτε τιποτα απο αυτα. Απ οτι καταλαβα εισαι μεσα στο πλοιο μονο με 1 alien και το ολο παιχνιδι ειναι you vs the alien, ουτε καν vs δηλαδη, survival οπως στην ταινια.
    Τα γραφικα επισης αν υποθεσουμε οτι ειναι η PC/next gen version αυτη που δειχνει το βιντεακι ειναι εκπληκτικα.
    Να πω οτι ειναι ισως η μοναδικη φορα που ενα παιχνιδι alien μου προσελκυει το ενδιαφερον? Yep.
    Για να δουμε, πολυ καλο φαινεται μεχρι στιγμης, ελπιζω επισης και μετα το φιασκο με το colonial marines που γελασε το παρδαλο κατσικι με αυτο που εκαναν στο τελικο παιχνιδι να εχουν βαλει μυαλο.

Last edited by hakoo; 08-01-2014 at 04:42.

PSN ID
    Schimatarium

Οπτικά με κέρδισε για next gen...
    Now I hear "THEM" again, singing
    Twilight symphony, twilight

PSN ID
    Panos_GRE
    Name
    Πάνος

Επιτέλους!
    Φαίνεται πως για πρώτη φορά μετά τα AvP1 & 2 του PC το 99', θα δούμε ένα πραγματικά αξιόλογο παιχνίδι ALIENS.
    Μακάρι να καταφέρει η CA να δικαιώσει και να καθαρίσει το franchise από τις λάσπες του Randy "I'm a huge Aliens fan" Pitchford.

Πολύ καλά τα video και ειδικά το τελευταίο όπου περιγράφουν πως το Alien στο παιχνίδι δεν θα έχει προκαθορισμένα μοτίβα κίνησης στο χώρο, έτσι ώστε να πρέπει να πάρεις ρίσκα, αντί να παρακολουθήσεις το τι θα κάνει για να ξεγελάσεις τους μηχανισμούς του παιχνιδιού. Μακάρι η AI του να είναι πραγματικά καλή και γενικότερα το scripting να είναι ελάχιστο.
    Μόνο ερωτηματικό είναι το πως θα καταφέρουν να μας κρατήσουν το ενδιαφέρον για τις 10-12 ώρες που θα διαρκεί.

Μετά το φιάσκο του ACM, είχα πετύχει κάποιο post στο reddit από insider που είχε πεί ότι η CA δουλεύει σε ένα Aliens IP και ότι η έκδοση του PS4 ήταν ολόιδια με του PC.

Θα είναι όμως μια μακριά αναμονή, καθώς δεν το βλέπω πρίν το Σεπτέμβρη..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to teras1 For This Useful Post:

hakoo (08-01-2014)

PSN ID
    hakoo_

Quote Originally Posted by teras1 View Post
    Μόνο ερωτηματικό είναι το πως θα καταφέρουν να μας κρατήσουν το ενδιαφέρον για τις 10-12 ώρες που θα διαρκεί.
    Aυτο ειναι και το δικο μου ερωτηματικο...

Btw it keeps getting better and better

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hakoo For This Useful Post:

teras1 (08-01-2014),Zeichef (04-04-2015)

Name
    Δημήτρης

Πραγματικα φαινεται πολυ καλο και ακρως ατμοσφαιρικο!! Ειναι και στο διαστημα αρα οτι πρεπει!

PSN ID
    nickolas82
    Name
    Νίκος

SEGA Confirms Alien: Isolation Isn't Coming to Wii U

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/01/0...+%28IGN+All%29

Τι περίεργο!!!!

PSN ID
    NMExK4PAS
    Name
    Γιωργος

Happy to confirm that the game will run in 1080p on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One!

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1...-xbox-one-ps4/

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kapa For This Useful Post:

FotisGRC (08-01-2014),teras1 (08-01-2014)

Αρα δεν είναι το κλασσικό Shooter-FPS.. Ολο το παιχνίδι θα είναι αραγε όπως στο video? Φάση Amnesia?
    "You either hang onto your morals and die, or do everything you need to survive"

PSN ID
    Godweeder
    Name
    Nik

Φαινετε ενδιαφερον !!

Aπο τις αγαπημενες μου ταινιες eveeer το Alien (1979).
    Spoiler!

PSN ID
    NMExK4PAS
    Name
    Γιωργος

Quote Originally Posted by FotisGRC View Post
    Αρα δεν είναι το κλασσικό Shooter-FPS.. Ολο το παιχνίδι θα είναι αραγε όπως στο video? Φάση Amnesia?
    Κλασσικο survival horror...

Βλεπω συνδιασμο F.E.A.R με Clock Tower....Τι ειπα τωρα ε?

Για να δουμε...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kapa For This Useful Post:

FotisGRC (09-01-2014)

Μακάρι Γιώργο! Καίρο έχουμε να δούμε σε κονσόλα ωραίο survival horror..
    "You either hang onto your morals and die, or do everything you need to survive"

PSN ID
    hakoo_

Πραγματικα ο,τι διαβαζω με κανει ακομα πιο intrigued για το παιχνιδι, λετε απο αλλου να το περιμενουμε το καλο horror απο αλλου να ερθει?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...ation-preview/

"No. It’s very much about a single player experience. We did think about it, it’s not like we never considered it – and we had some pretty neat ideas around that. But for us the focus always was that single player experience. And I think because you have this dynamic alien and it’s about the player’s choices while they play it, it does mean that you can go back and try different stuff out. So I think there is a lot of scope to have players go back and do things differently,"

"I think that as soon as you up the amount of humans then you’re no longer as ‘outnumbered’. You know, if you had two or three humans facing up against one alien it’s a completely different experience where you’re working together to overcome it rather than just trying to survive. It just felt better to leave it single player,"

On survival
    RPS: When you say that the Alien is “low frequency” and that it won’t show up too often, what other kinds of threats or challenges will be there for the player?

Hope: So the game is very much about you surviving and your journey through the [station], it’s about that whole space. It’s not just about you and the Alien. The demo today was very much about giving you a very small glimpse of what it’s like. Which was basically a test for us, you know – what’s it like to put a player in a space with Ridley Scott’s original Alien and a motion tracker? What is that like? I mean, one of the first things, before we had anything on the screen, I’d be talking to guys in the studio, going… “Okay, we’re going to release Ridley Scott’s Alien in the studio. What you gonna do?” It was a cool jumping off point because people would be saying, “Okay well I’m gonna crouch under my desk – make sure he can’t see me!” Cool. Then what are you gonna do? It was kind of a nice concept, you know… But to go back to your question, it’s very much about surviving against all the obstacles that the player is up against. The world itself is very dangerous and it’s physically dangerous, the world is kind of a puzzle in some respects. There is a small group of inhabitants on that station and they’re in a similar situation to you and how they react to you varies – sometimes positive, sometimes negative. There’s a large number of combinations of things that the player needs to be thinking about all the time to survive and it’s very much about surviving.

The alien's intelligence

"So we know everything there is to know about creating this creature but he’ll still catch us out, he’ll still make us tense, he’ll still get our hearts racing when we’re playing it because it’s unpredictable and we don’t know what he’s going to do. He gets the jump on us."

"...he does navigate the world using the same space that you can walk around. But he’s also able to go up into the ceiling. I think the earlier pings you heard on your motion tracker was him up above you. So he’s able to get around very, very rapidly. You’re never one hundred percent safe."

"The thing is we’ve built such a complex AI, a very intelligent-looking creature, when it does think and does use its senses, it can still surprise you. It still surprises us so we know we’re doing something right when that happens… I think the dynamic nature of it – that it is different each time you play – that it feels like there is something that keeps you scared, keeps you tense,"

Going back to survival horror roots

McKellan: Exactly. Give the player lots of weapons and they’re not scared anymore. So I think it’s quite interesting for us to veer back towards the classics and so something that is just about surviving, something a bit refreshing, weirdly. It’s what the genre was all about ten or fifteen years ago – the original Silent Hills – and now it’s all about shooting thousands of zombies or whatever. If we can bring that back that sense of being scared but, like Al says, the balance of being thrilled and scared and making sure you’re not just being pile-drived into the ground with fear for X hours. You’ve got to have those breaks, those bits of relief. You know, when everyone was playing the demo there’s always that sigh of relief when they got to the airlock. That is really important… It’s those little moments that are key to keeping the thrill going, the rollercoaster going. So it’s not just an oppressive scare factory where you’re being constantly hunted, you’ve got to have some breaks.

Hope: We talk about having small victories and I think horror is about the tiny victories that make you feel like it’s not over but you might have changed the odds ever-so-slightly, and if I keep doing this I might win, or might succeed, might survive. I think it’s important to keep the player… to keep signs of having hope. Keep them thinking of making it…

17. The Following User Says Thank You to hakoo For This Useful Post:

teras1 (09-01-2014)

PSN ID
    Panos_GRE
    Name
    Πάνος

Quote Originally Posted by NMExKapa View Post
    Κλασσικο survival horror...

Βλεπω συνδιασμο F.E.A.R με Clock Tower....Τι ειπα τωρα ε?

Για να δουμε...
    Σωστος!

PSN ID
    Panos_GRE
    Name
    Πάνος

Ωραιος Hakoo_

Επιτελους λιγη κοινη λογικη. Survival Horror σημαινει λιγα οπλα, πολυ ατμοσφαιρα, ενας πρωταγωνιστης που κινειται μονος του στο μεγαλυτερο κομματι του παιχνιδιου. Αν καταφερουν να μεταφρασουν αυτα που υποσχονται σε κωδικα, θα γινουν οι αγαπημενοι μου devs (μετα την Naughty Dog φυσικα!) :-)

PSN ID
    Panos_GRE
    Name
    Πάνος

Quote Originally Posted by hakoo View Post
    Πραγματικα ο,τι διαβαζω με κανει ακομα πιο intrigued για το παιχνιδι, λετε απο αλλου να το περιμενουμε το καλο horror απο αλλου να ερθει?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...ation-preview/
    "No. It’s very much about a single player experience. We did think about it, it’s not like we never considered it – and we had some pretty neat ideas around that. But for us the focus always was that single player experience. And I think because you have this dynamic alien and it’s about the player’s choices while they play it, it does mean that you can go back and try different stuff out. So I think there is a lot of scope to have players go back and do things differently,"

"I think that as soon as you up the amount of humans then you’re no longer as ‘outnumbered’. You know, if you had two or three humans facing up against one alien it’s a completely different experience where you’re working together to overcome it rather than just trying to survive. It just felt better to leave it single player,"

On survival
    RPS: When you say that the Alien is “low frequency” and that it won’t show up too often, what other kinds of threats or challenges will be there for the player?

Hope: So the game is very much about you surviving and your journey through the [station], it’s about that whole space. It’s not just about you and the Alien. The demo today was very much about giving you a very small glimpse of what it’s like. Which was basically a test for us, you know – what’s it like to put a player in a space with Ridley Scott’s original Alien and a motion tracker? What is that like? I mean, one of the first things, before we had anything on the screen, I’d be talking to guys in the studio, going… “Okay, we’re going to release Ridley Scott’s Alien in the studio. What you gonna do?” It was a cool jumping off point because people would be saying, “Okay well I’m gonna crouch under my desk – make sure he can’t see me!” Cool. Then what are you gonna do? It was kind of a nice concept, you know… But to go back to your question, it’s very much about surviving against all the obstacles that the player is up against. The world itself is very dangerous and it’s physically dangerous, the world is kind of a puzzle in some respects. There is a small group of inhabitants on that station and they’re in a similar situation to you and how they react to you varies – sometimes positive, sometimes negative. There’s a large number of combinations of things that the player needs to be thinking about all the time to survive and it’s very much about surviving.

The alien's intelligence
    "So we know everything there is to know about creating this creature but he’ll still catch us out, he’ll still make us tense, he’ll still get our hearts racing when we’re playing it because it’s unpredictable and we don’t know what he’s going to do. He gets the jump on us."

"...he does navigate the world using the same space that you can walk around. But he’s also able to go up into the ceiling. I think the earlier pings you heard on your motion tracker was him up above you. So he’s able to get around very, very rapidly. You’re never one hundred percent safe."

"The thing is we’ve built such a complex AI, a very intelligent-looking creature, when it does think and does use its senses, it can still surprise you. It still surprises us so we know we’re doing something right when that happens… I think the dynamic nature of it – that it is different each time you play – that it feels like there is something that keeps you scared, keeps you tense,"

Going back to survival horror roots
    McKellan: Exactly. Give the player lots of weapons and they’re not scared anymore. So I think it’s quite interesting for us to veer back towards the classics and so something that is just about surviving, something a bit refreshing, weirdly. It’s what the genre was all about ten or fifteen years ago – the original Silent Hills – and now it’s all about shooting thousands of zombies or whatever. If we can bring that back that sense of being scared but, like Al says, the balance of being thrilled and scared and making sure you’re not just being pile-drived into the ground with fear for X hours. You’ve got to have those breaks, those bits of relief. You know, when everyone was playing the demo there’s always that sigh of relief when they got to the airlock. That is really important… It’s those little moments that are key to keeping the thrill going, the rollercoaster going. So it’s not just an oppressive scare factory where you’re being constantly hunted, you’ve got to have some breaks.

Hope: We talk about having small victories and I think horror is about the tiny victories that make you feel like it’s not over but you might have changed the odds ever-so-slightly, and if I keep doing this I might win, or might succeed, might survive. I think it’s important to keep the player… to keep signs of having hope. Keep them thinking of making it…

Άλλα κομμάτια που μου άρεσαν:

We had a meeting in this room three weeks ago where the Lead Level Designer and the Lead Artist jumped and actually grabbed each other for some kind of comfort they were so shocked… And I suppose that’s what we’re trying to achieve
    McKellan: I think that was really interesting, when we had the groups in they would all press start at the same time but ten minutes in they would all be in radically different places doing completely different things and it was just really interesting to see how people reacted to everything. The ping on your motion tracker where there is some thing somewhere. Some people would immediately stop what they were doing and just stand with the tracker for three minutes. Whereas other people would almost not notice and just keep going until they saw something with their own eyes. It was really interesting to see these wide ranges of play and that’s one of the challenges we’ve got is to make sure that it’s within two reasonable boundaries…
    Stefan, the Sega PR: One guy was in a locker for at least ten minutes. And kept going back.
    YUP! Αυτός είμαι σίγουρα εγώ. Ικανός να περιμένω και δέκα λεπτά κρυμμένος

Hope: You probably said “fuck” more than – just thinking about your earlier question – you probably said “fuck” a little bit more than average. “Fuck” and “oh fuck”.
    RPS: Yes, that sounds like me.
    McKellan: It was good having the European journalists in because I could recognise them swearing in their own languages. I was like, “I can’t speak Italian but I know what that word means.”
    Και το καλύτερο σχόλιο από κάτω:
    Their hearts seem to be in the right place at least. I hope they manage to pull it off, so I can watch someone else play it, because there’s no way I could make it through this game if they succeed.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to teras1 For This Useful Post:

hakoo (10-01-2014)

PSN ID
    Lefteris_X

εξαιρετικά νέα! Επιτέλους, το πρώτο Alien (και όχι Alien-s, γιατί είναι άλλη πολύ κατώτερη ταινία της 1ης) παιχνίδι που σέβεται την αυθεντική ταινία............η οποία είχε προκαλέσει στον κόσμο μετά την κινηματογραφική προβολή να πηγαίνει τοίχο-τοίχο στο σπίτι του, όταν τα φώτα ήταν σβηστά. (μάλιστα ήταν η ατάκα της εποχής: θα πηγαίνετε τοίχο-τοίχο μετά την προβολή, την είχε χρησιμοποιήσει και το περιοδικό Pixel, αλλά για την παρουσίαση της 2η ταινίας το Aliens)

σίγουρα θα προσλάβω κάποιον να το παίζει (το παιχνίδι ρε ) και να παρακολουθώ άνετος την δράση. Γιατί για να ασχοληθώ προσωπικά, αποκλείεται. Ή το βλέπω ή το ζω: και τα δύο ταυτόχρονα δεν μπορώ να το κάνω. Και προτιμώ το 1ο, χωρίς ποπκορν κιόλας (hardcore παρακολούθηση, στο gaming ενός hardcore gamer).

άψογα νέα.

Ε, ρε broadcast που έχω να παρακολουθήσω!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Lefteris_X For This Useful Post:

FotisGRC (10-01-2014)

PSN ID
    Panos_GRE
    Name
    Πάνος

Quote Originally Posted by Lefteris_X View Post
    εξαιρετικά νέα! Επιτέλους, το πρώτο Alien (και όχι Alien-s, γιατί είναι άλλη πολύ κατώτερη ταινία της 1ης) παιχνίδι που σέβεται την αυθεντική ταινία............η οποία είχε προκαλέσει στον κόσμο μετά την κινηματογραφική προβολή να πηγαίνει τοίχο-τοίχο στο σπίτι του, όταν τα φώτα ήταν σβηστά. (μάλιστα ήταν η ατάκα της εποχής: θα πηγαίνετε τοίχο-τοίχο μετά την προβολή, την είχε χρησιμοποιήσει και το περιοδικό Pixel, αλλά για την παρουσίαση της 2η ταινίας το Aliens)

σίγουρα θα προσλάβω κάποιον να το παίζει (το παιχνίδι ρε ) και να παρακολουθώ άνετος την δράση. Γιατί για να ασχοληθώ προσωπικά, αποκλείεται. Ή το βλέπω ή το ζω: και τα δύο ταυτόχρονα δεν μπορώ να το κάνω. Και προτιμώ το 1ο, χωρίς ποπκορν κιόλας (hardcore παρακολούθηση, στο gaming ενός hardcore gamer).

άψογα νέα.

Ε, ρε broadcast που έχω να παρακολουθήσω!
    Κοίτα που το broadcast έχει χρησιμότητα τελικά

Τώρα θυμήθηκα το AVP του Atari Jaguar! Έπαιζα με τον κουμπάρο μου και τσακωνόμασταν ποιος ΔΕΝ ΘΑ ΠΑΙΞΕΙ για να βλέπει μόνο γιατί μας πήγαινε το σκ@#ο στην κάλτσα
    Last edited by teras1; 10-01-2014 at 01:14.

PSN ID
    DHMHTRHS_HAWK
    Name
    Δημητρης

Εγώ θα παίζω εσυ θα κάνεις support.. Λευτέρη

PSN ID
    NMExK4PAS
    Name
    Γιωργος

Και δεν μπορω να κανω like στο post μου....φαινεται τρομερο παντως.

Last edited by Kapa; 13-01-2014 at 23:00.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Kapa For This Useful Post:

hakoo (14-01-2014)

Name
    μανωλης

θα εχει co-op τελικα η οχι γιατι κατι λεγανε οτι θα εχει αλλα το παρατησανε μετα κανενα νεο λοιπον

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast