Page 3 of 207 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: rumors PS3 all in one Thread

PSN ID
    klepidas7

ante na erthi to unreal na xaroume kai ligo

PSN ID
    TLGEX_GR

Father of Sony PlayStation steps down

"Ken Kutaragi, 56, stepped down as Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.'s chairman and group chief executive, the gaming unit said Tuesday. "

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/biztech....ap/index.html

PSN ID
    Slay2012

Sony Bundles Hot Shots with PS3
    New bundle represents 4,000 yen price cut.

The PS3's biggest game yet over in Japan is just about a month away from release, and, sure enough, Sony isn't being quiet about it. Following a heavily promoted downloadable demo of Minna no Golf 5 (known as Hot Shots Golf 5 oustide of Japan), Sony has announced a special PS3 package to coincide with the game's release.

Officially known as the PlayStation 3 Beginners' Pack, this bundle combines a PS3 system with a copy of Minna no Golf 5, all in a slick new box. It will be available on 7/26 at a cost of 61,980 yen for a 60 Gig version and 51,980 yen for a 20 Gig version.

There are a couple of points of note in this announcement. First, different from other territories, Sony seems to be continuing with sales of the two PS3 models in Japan. Currently, both 20 Gig and 60 Gig versions of the hardware are available for purchase at.

More importantly, the price of the bundle represents a savings of nearly 4,000 yen off the price of purchasing the game had hardware separately. It's not quite a price drop, but perhaps it will draw in a few holdouts.

PSN ID
    Slay2012

Sales of the Xbox 360 in Europe have hit a wall according to a new report from Screen Digest, which suggests Microsoft is struggling to expand the user base for the next-gen console.

The report also observes that the Nintendo Wii is dividing the market, with some publishers happy to ride Nintendo's coat tails to pick up business with poor quality titles, while others are betting the farm on the innovative machine.

"For Xbox 360, European hardware sales seem to have hit a wall. The target market is still too focused on adult males and the brand does not enjoy the same cachet in non-Angle Saxon markets as it does in the US and, to a lesser extent, the UK," reads the report.

While there are no concerns about appealing to a dedicated gaming audience, "failing to break out of a small number of genres and thereby appealing to groups outside of hardcore gamer," is a bigger problem according to Screen Digest.

Despite these issues the report does highlight that some of the most anticipated titles for the coming Q4 are for the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live is described as a "beacon of hope".

According to the analysts group, the Nintendo Wii is splitting business models across the industry.

"Some publishers are investing much less saying they will leave the platform drivers to Nintendo and ride their coat tails by spending very little on mediocre quality titles which will give some return."

On the other hand, "the combination of lower development costs and fastest growing installed base confers significant economic advantages in publishing games for Wii relative to competitive consoles, and this has lead to some third-party publishers increasing investment levels in developing for the platform."

The report points out that a low return on Wii software may hamper investment by publishers in other formats, as it simply does not generate as much profit at a time when PS3 and Xbox 360 development costs are rising.

And on the PlayStation 3, the report criticises Sony for not educating consumers as to what's in the box and relying too much on the PlayStation brand. Because of this a price drop is inevitable, says Screen Digest.

"A price drop before the end of the year is inevitable and would be in line with previous PlayStation first time price reduction timings."

"Marketing material has tended towards the esoteric and abstract and has seemingly failed to resonate with the consumer."

It also points out that Sony could drop a "bombshell" by the end of the year with a combined price drop and the launch of the Home virtual networking and online game service

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=25943

PSN ID
    PDS_13

Hirai promises 380 PS3 titles in coming year
    200 boxed titles, 180 for PSN

PSN ID
    MaRkUs_gr4

European Airport Gets Hooked Up With PS3 21/06/2007

Charles de Gaulle International Airport, the second biggest airport in Europe, is getting all decked out with PS3 and PS2 units.

The airport in France will have plenty for its visitors to do when they get there as they will have fourteen PlayStation 3 units hooked up to fourteen differeny Sony Bravia 1080p televisions. The display is going to be placed in the "Galerie Parisienne." The way it is going to be set up it will allow for up to 28 people to all be playing at one time. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

P.S FRANCE :rofl:
    Last edited by MaRkUs_; 22-06-2007 at 02:58.
    PSN iD: MaRkUs_gr4

games:Cod GhoSts, NbA 2k14, FIFA 14 , ThIeF

PSN ID
    X-NEC

more 14 PS3 ? ... !!! E !!!

PSN ID
    SQP_GR

PS3: Sony reveals plans to win Christmas battle

drtysouf21 - contributor - Tipsed by: Tesla
    Published: 28 minutes ago | News | PlayStation 3 | Industry News
    Info Report
    Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) has hit back at criticism that its PlayStation 3 (PS3) console is suffering from sliding sales and revealed it is harbouring treats for gamers up its corporate sleeve to conqure the all-important Christmas market.

PSN ID
    SQP_GR

ayto to onomazo metalaxi.vasika exw vinteo club kai i poly mu mpori na exei 4000 katikus monimus pu to kalokeri ginonte10000 me ton turismo kai ta xenodoxia.tlp,edw tus xeris olus kai se xerun,vlepontas lipon oti to x den travai,kai pulontas to ,kai periorizontas ta games ,pu eimai o monos pu asxolite s energa san magazi edo pera me to gaming, exw arhisi tin legomeni metalaxi 3 apo x pigan gia ps3 kai eponte kialoi,vevea kathlu diskolo giati otan to vlepun pathenun kati kai thlun na to apoktisun ,e tus vazo kai ena motostorm i virtual fither kai pathenun plaka,prin kala kala vgun ta kala games telika ainai megalo to onoma

PSN ID
    SQP_GR

Sony Doing Pre E3 Developer Interviews Starting 6/25/07 till E3

drtysouf21 - contributor
    Published: 4 hours ago | News | PlayStation 3 | Sony PSP | PlayStation 2 | Dev News
    Info Report
    Playstation.Blog reports:

We wanted to introduce you to a new series of posts were going to have here starting Monday that we are affectionately calling “Inside the Developers Studio.” If youve ever seen Inside the Actors Studio, you are familiar with how host, James Lipton, asks the same questions to every guest on the show. Inspired by this ritual, we thought it would be fun to develop our own set of E3-specific questions and have the developers of some of our most anticipated first-party titles candidly give insight into their titles and E3.

Over the next two and a half weeks we will post a different developers responses every day, so stay tuned and hear directly from the creative minds behind some of your favorite games…

PSN ID
    Slay2012

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160509

David Jaffe is no longer a part of the internal workings at Sony Computer Entertainment America. 1UP confirmed with multiple sources that Jaffe is currently working with Incognito Entertainment head Scott Campbell on the formation of a new studio to be based out of Utah.

When asked, SCEA would not comment on the so far unannounced change. "We have made no announcements regarding any change in David Jaffe's relationship with Sony Computer Entertainment," said a company spokesperson. Jaffe himself also has not yet responded to repeated requests for comment, since he started teasing the new studio on his personal blog.

What happens to Incognito? The company is flying high on the positive buzz surrounding online-centric Warhawk and is unlikely to be affected by the shift. Jaffe has traveled back and forth between Incognito and his San Diego headquarters over the development of a number of Incognito-based games, including the recent PlayStation Network release Calling All Cars. Jaffe is expected to continue the relationship.

We hope to hear more on this new studio shortly, so stay tuned.

PSN ID
    Slay2012

Sony reveals plans to win Xmas battle

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) has hit back at criticism that its PlayStation 3 (PS3) console is suffering from sliding sales and revealed it is harbouring treats for gamers up its corporate sleeve to conqure the all-important Christmas market.

Nintendos Wii console is currently riding the crest of a wave in terms of market share, leaving both Sony and Microsoft in its wake. But Jonathan Fargher, SCEE representative, said it was wrong to pit the Wii and PS3 against each other.

“The one thing we have always done with the PlayStation is stick to our business strategy,” he said. “We keep an eye on the competition, but it is unfair to put the Nintendo Wii and PS3 in the same category. The Wii is a sub-200 console and does one thing pretty well. Compare that with a 400 piece of hardware that plays next-generation games, allows users to access photo files and has built-in Blu-Ray technology.

“Many people have said PS3 is not doing well, but in nine weeks we have sold more than one million machines in Europe, which is faster than the sell-through rate of the PS2. The PS1 and PS2 sold 115 million machines worldwide, so we are confident of the PS3s performance in time,” he added.

“However, the problem has been a boom and bust scenario with the software, particularly in the summer months when many firms tend not to release big-name games.”

Fargher said Sony is looking to counterbalance the lack of games from third-party developers by making other titles available on its online PlayStation Store.

“It will be towards the end of the year when the big titles start to show what the PS3 can really do and hopefully make people feel more comfortable about the decision they made to invest in our hardware.”

Titles due to hit the shelves in the Christmas run-up include the latest installment of favourites such as Grand Theft Auto, Metal Gear Solid, Ratchet and Clank, Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter, he added.

“If you look at the hardware, you do get a lot for your money: as well as playing Blu-Ray, the PS3 also upscales DVDs to High Definition (HD) format, and if a gamer is lucky enough to own a PlayStation Portable (PSP, pictured, below-left) they can access their PS3 remotely using the PSP and a Wi-Fi connection,” said Fargher.

At the PS3 launch backward-compatibility issues had blighted the console, but Fargher told CRN the problems had been ironed out.

“The backwards-compatibility issues have pretty much gone away,” he said. “There are now up to 2,500 playable titles including all the major ones that gamers want to play.”

Fargher said Sony has also released the PS3 Firmware update – v1.8 – which upscales both PS1 and PS2 games to HD and can be downloaded onto the PS3.

“People dont want to throw their games library away and want to make sure that the investment they have made, in terms of software, is catered for. Firmware v1.8 allows this,” he said.

Add this to the consoles ability to support games outside the PAL format, which means gamers can buy titles from the US and Japan, and the PS3 gives value for money, he said.

On the hand-held side, Sony is certainly not neglecting its PSP console. Fargher hinted there could be a redesign of the console on the cards, and admitted there had been a lack of AAA titles available for the format.

“There are many high-profile titles in the pipeline and the PSP will continue to grow. We are working with a number of content partners for the PSP, so watch this space,” he said.

Hamish Thompson, a representative for the Dixons Stores Group, said the gaming market was very buoyant.

“We are confident about Sony. Launching the PS3 at the time of year that it did got it off to an impressive start and we are certain that the interest and demand will build as we get closer to the peak season of November, December and January.

“It is an interesting market as there is a lot of competition. All the [different vendor] products are appealing to a broader demographic and they all have another dimension to them, such as Blu-Ray and online connectivity. It certainly creates an exciting buzz, which is great news for retailers.”

http://www.channelweb.co.uk/crn/news...eals-plans-win

ssistant Member Forum GOD NonBorn's Avatar
    PSN ID
    nonborn
    Name

David Jaffe SCEA!!

I can promise you guys I am still part of SCEA...I just got a paycheck from them! I am still 100% a Sony employee and unless I got fired today and they didn't tell me, I'm still working for them. Also, I love working with the guys at Incog and hope to work with them for a long, long time but I sure as shit ain't moving to Utah...nice as it is, I don't think I could live there long term and I don't think the good people of Utah would want me to.

: http://kotaku.com/gaming/david-jaffe/
    Ñǿñßöŗň™ is back on business ...

PSN ID
    TLGEX_GR

"H Nintendo Sony

Sony 6.460 , video-game ."

: http://financial.kathimerini.gr/?pag...s&new_id=21428

PSN ID
    blizard

PSN ID
    SQP_GR

Sony Teams PS3 with MGS4 to Win Christmas
    by Victor Dangelo on 25/06/2007 Views: 35

Johnathan Fargher has stated that Metal Gear Solid 4 will lead the charge for the PS3 this fall to help Sony win the Christmas battle.

Fargher is a spokesperson for SCEE and has stated that the future of the PS3 is looking fairly nicely thanks to the upcoming games. He stated that to put the PS3 up against the Wii is not a fair move as they are entirely different systems. He also stated that the PS3 is already selling faster than the PlayStation 2 did.

"The one thing we have always done with the PlayStation is stick to our business strategy," he said. "We keep an eye on the competition, but it is unfair to put the Nintendo Wii and PS3 in the same category. The Wii is a sub-200 console and does one thing pretty well. Compare that with a 400 piece of hardware that plays next-generation games, allows users to access photo files and has built-in Blu-Ray technology."

PSN ID
    SQP_GR

G.I. Interview w/Phil Harrison - July Magazine

Coming from a background in garage development, Phil Harrison has risen through the ranks to become one of the key players in Sonys Playstation empire. As head of the companys worldwide studios, Harrison is responsible for shaping Sonys in-house software on all its platforms.<<

PSP has entered the market and established an installed base, but software sales are not strong. What do developers need to do to create PSP content thats more compelling?
    Well, whether youre talking about PS2, PS3, PSP, or any platform, its to play to the strengths that the technology has and the differences that technology represents to the consumer. I think weve done that successfully in some titles and those have proven to be very successful. We can always do more to exploit the portable nature of PSP; we can do more to exploit the mobile, Wi-Fi, web connectivity of the machine. You can look at titles that have that very well - Monster Hunter Portable in Japan is a great example. This is a title that has really taken advantage of what PSP is about., and it sold over one million units. I wouldnt agree that the software sales have been unsatisfactory, but I do agree that we can always do more to take advantage of the machines capabilities.

Youre beta testing the Home online service right now. Will it have all the features that have been talked about and shown so far when it launches?
    And some more. Were obviously in beta trial right now, and so its very difficult for me to make very definitive statements. Part of the purpose of a beta trial is to work with an extended audience of real users in the community to find out what works and what doesnt, what they like and dont like. Some things that we thought were really important have resonated less strongly with users and the inverse - things we hadnt considered important the users love…Were starting to see some really valuable feedback from the user base. Were very pleased with the progress so far and the way the technology and infrastructure is scaling out. I think by the time we get to September, well be able to make some definitive statements as to exactly the content thats going to be in the deployed service day one.

Could you give an example of something you thought would be important but has been ignored by the users? Or vice versa, something you thought was a minor detail but they are really excited about?
    Its too early to really share those details. I dont mean to evade your question, but I dont think weve gotten all the answers were looking for yet. But I think clearly the functions of communication between users are what people love. Thats not necessarily a surprise, but well look to increasing the sophistication of the methods of communication.

Do you expect Home to be launched sometime this year?
    We have said that, if the beta trial is successful, that the service will go live in October. Im only two weeks into that beta period right now, but nothing changed our outlook.

One area in which Sony has succeeded in the past is platform exclusives. But recently, many traditional Playstation exclusives have gone to Xbox 360 as well - Virtua Fighter, Grand Theft Auto, and Devil May Cry, for example. Is there anything you can do to combat this trend, or is the era of exclusives coming to an end?
    Well, from a third-party exclusive point of view, that doesnt fall under my remit, because Im looking after Worldwide Studios and our first-party output. But, obviously, Im looking at the platform as an entire portfolio. And yes, Im always concerned to make sure that consumers can buy the best games and get the best game experiences to validate their system purchase. [But] as long as the games they get are great, [consumers] dont care if they are third-party or first-party…What I do believe is that the investments we have made in Worldwide Studios globablly - U.S., Europe, and Japan - will yield the best quality software and the highest quality experiences that are clearly going to be exclusive to the platform…We have a larger platform-dedicated development resource than our competitors combined. So all of that goes towards the fact that the best games with the best technology are coming exclusively to [Sony] platforms.

Youd announced that Sony was going to share technology and resources between all their worldwide studios for PS3 development. To what scale is that occuring right now?
    Every game on PS3 has some degree of shared technology internally. There are no games that are islands in our portfolio. We have a common online functionality, we have a common sound engine, we have a common graphics engine, we have a common low-level rendering, which are used variously by different titles. What we did at GDC was announce that we were taking large portions of that technology base we were easy to support and sharing that with our third parties, in a program we call Playstation Edge, which is taking the highest performing low-level libraries that we have on the platform and making them available for developers.

Playstation 3 has been positioned as a very powerful, high-end machine. One problem you have right now is that we havent seen any games thus far that look like they couldnt be done on Xbox 360. When do you think well see games hit the market that showcase the PS3 over and above what the 360 can do?
    Well, I would take exception to your analysis. I think we do have titles that illustrate the point of difference that PS3 brings, both in terms of gameplay and underlying game technology. There are things were demonstrating onscreen in games like Motorstorm, Resistance: Fall of Man, and Formula 1 that cannot be done on any other system. All three of those are launch window titles. Now, its always dangerous to judge any stem by its launch lineup…You only have to go back to the games that launched Playstation 1 and Playstation 2. If you took those few dozen titles and analyzed them, you would never have imagined that either of those formats would have on to sell over 100 million units each.

From an American gamers perspective, more and more of your Triple-A titles are coming from the U.S. and Europe, where in the past, more of them came from Japan. Does that represent a shift of power within Sony?
    I think that it was a conscious strategy to build strong development organizations in every geographical area of operations. Because - as weve seen with the music business and the fil business - locally produced repertoire accounts for a large percentage of local sales. If you look at the music business in France, about 75 percent of the records sold in France are from French artists. And, although the games industry is probably more global than any other form of entertainment, in order to grow the industry, we have to create local entertainment experiences. That doesnt mean weve de-emphaszied Japan. We have this reasonably successful billion-dollar IP called Gran Turismo that you might be familiar with. Thats obviously a major force in the market wheneverthat title is shipping. Any iteration of the Gran Turismo franchise has become a global event. Our Everybodys Golf series, known as Hot Shots in the States, has been very successful. And a title that is coming out in 2008, called Shirokishi [a.k.a. White Knight Story], which is an amazing RPG [with] very rich and deep online features., I think will be a global hit as well.

Thanks to beanmachine43 for this.

PSN ID
    SQP_GR

Konami “investigates” which PS3 games are possible on the Xbox360

Presidentjr - contributor
    Published: 15 minutes ago | Rumors | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
    Info Report
    In news that is sure to stir up rumors and make some fanboys angry whiles others rejoice, Konami is currently investigating which ps3 games that are possible on the xbox360
    Updates:
    - Another Parasite Eve is in the works for an actual console.
    - Sony's going to show Epic the money to make UE3 work better on the PS3.
    - Kojima Productions is working on another PS3 exclusive.
    - Sony will repackage the PS2 to compete with the Wii by including a waggle-wand (their wording, not mine) for $99 this holiday season.
    - AC/DC will help promote Rock Band.
    - Capcom working on a PS3 exclusive.
    - Super Smash Bros. Brawl will use Havok physics.

PSN ID
    SQP_GR

David Jaffe is 100% Sony, despite new office

Posted Jun 25th 2007 12:45PM by Nick Doerr
    While rumors abounded about David Jaffe leaving his position at Sony to open a new studio with some buddies at Incognito Entertainment, we held back until we got more information. Good thing we did, because the rest of the internet buzzed with headlines along the lines of "Jaffe leaves SCEA, world doomed!" We remained optimistic and Jaffe answered our uncertainty on the NeoGAF forums.

Jaffe replied to the rumors of a Utah office and leaving Sony by saying "I can promise you guys I am still part of SCEA...I just got a paycheck from them! I am still 100% a Sony employee and unless I got fired today and they didn't tell me, I'm still working for them ... I sure as s**t ain't moving to Utah...nice as it is, I don't think I could live there long term and I don't think the good people of Utah would want me to." However, Jaffe is working with Incognito and has a Utah-based office in the works. So, he's still a Sony guy and isn't moving to Utah, but will have a new office to crank out those super-fun PSN titles. As the new studio progresses, we'll keep you up to date with our favorite developer.

PSN ID
    SQP_GR

Microsoft now receiving 2,500 broken 360s per day in UK alone?

UncleJaysus - contributor
    Published: 41 minutes ago | News | Xbox 360 | Industry News
    Info Report
    Microsofts UK repair centre in Havant is now redistributing faulty consoles to foreign repair centres in order to clear an overwhelming backlog and keep up with the 1,500 to 2,500 Xbox 360s arriving at its doors on a daily basis, according to customer reports.