PDA

View Full Version : O Kaz Hirai μιλαέι για το PS Network, το Blu-ray στο PS3 και άλλα...

NonBorn
05-10-2007, 17:54
Scott Hettrick Interviews Kazuo Hirai of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc.

HiHD: Sony and PS3 detractors dismiss Blu-ray is just another proprietary Sony format that will not succeed any better than previous Sony proprietary CE formats dating back to Betamax.

HIRAI: In our eyes, we wanted to provide developers with the absolute biggest canvas on which to create their games. We could have gone with the 9 GBs of DVD or the 30 GBs of data on an HD DVD, but why would we, when we had 50 GBs of data on the Blu-ray Disc? I think its success as a delivery vehicle for games has already been proven. As for movies, I think it (is) really hard for any studio or retailer to ignore the fact that there are already millions of Blu-ray players in the world in the form of PS3. That is the kind of installed base DVD only dreamed of when it launched and before we debuted PlayStation®2.

HiHD: What are your thoughts on movie downloading options for Xbox 360 vs PS3?

HIRAI: Increasingly, consumers are looking for new ways to access and enjoy entertainment. Downloading content from the comfort of your living room is now a true, viable option. PS3 already offers downloadable games and gaming content. We are now reviewing options for other content to be delivered through PLAYSTATION®Network, including music, movies, and TV, all of which can be found in the Sony family of companies.

HiHD: What are the primary erroneous points of information/misconceptions out there in blogger-land about PS3 in general and vs Xbox?

HIRAI: I have heard many people say our competitors’ systems are just as powerful as PS3. That simply is not true. No other next-generation entertainment system pushes the envelope on advanced technology like PS3. I have heard people say that a high-capacity game delivery vehicle like Blu-ray isn’t necessary in a next-generation computer entertainment system. You just can’t expect that the 9 GBs of storage capacity found on today’s DVDs are going to have enough space to hold tomorrow’s games. Developers have already pushed the DVD to its limits in terms of space used. We had games like ‘Resistance: Fall of Man’ coming in 16 GBs at launch. That game simply wouldn’t be possible on any other system without using multiple discs. There is no doubt in my mind that you need more capacity on discs for truly next-generation gaming, and Blu-ray gives us that space.

HiHD: What is the long-term viability/future of physical disc media versus online/virtual?

HIRAI: The disc is not dead. Far from it. For many years to come there will be a place at the table for disc-based content in the world of entertainment. It is about offering consumers options. Some may like the convenience of downloading a game at home, while others will always want the experience of going to the store and talking to the clerks and other consumers about the games they are interested in. Whichever way a consumer wants to receive their content, we want to have a solution.

Πηγή: http://www.hollywoodinhidef.com/inside_detail.php?id=11

konstantinos
05-10-2007, 21:06
Οποιοι πιστευουν οτι το blu ray δεν θα κερδισει πρεπει να το διαβασουν αυτο.Σε λιγο θα βγει κ κανα 360 με ενσωματομενο HD DVDROM.

tasioskis
07-10-2007, 22:35
μα δεν εχει βγει ακομα?

konstantinos
08-10-2007, 13:04
αν ενοοεις το Hd-dvd Drive εχει βγει,απλα πωλητε χωριστα κ δεν παιζει παιχνιδια οπως εχουν πει.