PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive Echochrome 2

PDS
01-07-2010, 16:24
Usn6eo9FeTM

preview
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/18/preview-echochrome-2/

Announced during Sony's press conference, Echochrome 2 is the PlayStation Move-exclusive sequel to Sony Japan Studio's M.C. Escher-inspired puzzle platformer, in which players change the camera perspective to create paths with intersecting shapes. This sequel is an extension of that concept -- except you're using the Move controller as a flashlight, aiming its beam to project shadows against a wall, which are used by your character to reach the exit.

The concept and the controller couldn't make more sense together, based on what I played. Several levels -- there will be 100 in the final product -- were available on the show floor, each one introducing a new concept. For example, the shadow circles created by spheres can be used to bounce the game's indirectly controlled protagonist towards the exit.

There were a couple of other interesting mechanics introduced in the demo, including doorways that, when "connected" on either side of a gap-free area of shadow, will transport the your shadow fellow between the two. On most levels, it's also necessary to aim the light just so as to reveal the exit.

Other levels are the "team having fun," a Sony rep told me -- in them, aiming the light correctly will cast shadow art onto the wall, such as the snake I saw. In addition to the 100 pre-created levels, players will be able to construct their own, like with the first game. The roar of the show floor was overwhelming the sound setup, so I couldn't hear the sound effects or music, but the latter is planned to follow the style of the Echochrome Piano Remixes album recent released via PSN.

Echochrome 2 is set for release in September 2010 on the PlayStation Network.

PDS
24-07-2010, 13:07