PDA

View Full Version : Η Sony θα αγοράσει την Rockstar?

NonBorn
09-08-2007, 14:23
Η Sony θα αγοράσει την Rockstar?

Sometimes the most unexpected news will hit you in the oddest places. That was the case tonight as we sat merrily eating dinner with developers and journalists from around the industry at the Tengu Restaurant in Hollywood, California.

We were coming from a joint Sony, Activision event there in Southern California, when we were told something we definitely weren't ready for.

The discussion at Tengu was fairly simple in its scope: various sources in the press and development team state that Sony is looking to take Rockstar “under their wings”. While we learned that any agreement Sony and Take Two entered into would not affect the upcoming Grand Theft Auto IV, such an agreement would presumably affect any future releases from Rockstar, including the new franchise Sony has been discussing and L.A. Noire, which looks likely to be a PS3 exclusive at this point as well.

Rockstar, which is currently a part of Take Two Interactive, has produced several blockbuster franchises, including the Grand Theft Auto series of games, Manhunt and Bully. The studio has become famous for both the games it produces and the controversy surrounding their production. Rockstar has earned itself a reputation however as a developer which is focused on making excellent games, something that many of the studios that make up Sony World Wide Studios are known for.

As with any news this interesting, we must affirm that we trust our sources, but that our sources do not constitute an official confirmation. PSU will report back to all of you when we have more.
Κάτι παίζεται με αυτή την είδηση μιας και πολλά νέα τώρα τελευταία μιλούσαν για exclusives όπως το LA Noire και ένα ακόμη που δεν έχουμε μάθει τίποτα γι αυτό... Μήπως αυτά ήταν τα σχέδια που ανέφερε ο Jack Tretton στην Ε3 ανάμεσα σε Sony και Rockstar? Για να δούμε πως θα εξεληχθεί το θέμα.. Είναι πολύ ενδιαφέρον!

Proevofan
09-08-2007, 14:47
thn eidhsh ayth gia exclusive paixnidia ths rockstar sto ps3 thn epaikse to n4g prin mia vdomada peripou...milaei gia games pou tha vgoun apo do ke pera k oxi ayta pou einai sthn agora hdh...

omos an ginei kati tetoio k i sony exei epiroh sth rockstar katalavainoume oti an i sony thelei na kanei ena GTA pio dynato sto ps3 de tha exei kanena ebodio brosta ths...

NonBorn
09-08-2007, 18:31
Beware the 'Sony buying Rockstar' rubbish (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=169806)

The kids are waving their rumour flags again this morning, sending the internet on fire (the naive part, anyway) with claims that Sony Computer Entertainment is about to buy GTA house, Rockstar.

The rumour comes from fan site PlayStation Universe (strike one), which says it caught wind of the unexpected news while eating dinner with the developers in California. We reckon some wine was probably involved as well if they were over 21.

The site says, "Various sources in the press and development team state that Sony is looking to take Rockstar 'under their wings'. While we learned that any agreement Sony and Take Two entered into would not affect the upcoming Grand Theft Auto IV, such an agreement would presumably affect any future releases from Rockstar, including the new franchise Sony has been discussing and L.A. Noire."

But wait; the site has since retracted a piece of its article, correcting the major error that they were actually eating in Westwood, and not Hollywood. Ah, it all makes sense now.

It sounds like another example of a fan's wet dream to us. Unless there's a surprise outbreak of mad cow disease in its offices, we could never see Take Two flogging off its prize asset. On top of that, SCEI is still posting losses and cutting back on expenditure so we can't see it spending what would be a hugely exaggerated amount on Rockstar.

It'd be bad news for Rockstar as well, which'd be going from its long-running strategy of multi-platform development to limiting itself to just one console. So in summary; it wouldn't make sense for Sony, it wouldn't make sense for Take Two and it wouldn't make sense for Rockstar.

Rockstar expectedly told us, "we don't comment on rumour or speculation", and this time we think it's actually because they're following protocol, and not because there's a bigger story hiding under the cloth. Although it wouldn't hurt to just come out and say it's all bollocks, would it?

Απ' ότι φαίνεται μάλλον άλλη μια φήμη αλλά ας περιμένουμε να δούμε που θα καταλήξει όλο αυτό και τι επίσημη ανακοινωση θα πάρουμε... ;) Πάντως θα ταν αυτοκτονία για την Take Two να "δώσει" την Rockstar... Who knows....

NonBorn
12-08-2007, 02:31
PSU: Real Story Behind Rockstar/Sony Rumor

Hi everyone. As you may have read over the past two days, there was the rumor that Sony was taking Rockstar under its wing. The article was posted on PSU Thursday morning by one of our new writers who took the liberty of posting the "rumor" as news without going by our editors first.

Not only was it incorrect to the actual rumor I heard at the Sony event, but PSU has no intention of posting rumors of that proportion without have good and reliable sources to back it up.

The real story...

Wednesday night, Sony took all of us press and media folks out to dinner at the Tengu restaurant in Santa Monica. While sitting amongst my table of journalists and eating delicious asian sushi, I asked what were some of the rumors they had heard circulating in the industry. We all talked about Bioshock, Tivo, video on demand, and then eventually made our way to the recent talk of Rockstar going exclusive with Sony after GTAIV with such titles as LA Noire, and the secret PS3 title. The talk lead to someone stating that they knew that not only was the rumor correct but there was more to it. Basically from what I heard, Sony was taking Rockstar under its wing. Now I don't know if that means they are buying them or if they are supporting them as if they were someone like Naughty Dog or Insomniac.

What happened was then after dinner I got on MSN IM and discussed it with my fellow staffers; telling them about the day with Sony and some of the stuff I heard. One of them took the rumors, and posted it as news on PSU the next morning and everything went from there. Our editors had no idea what had happened and I woke to journalists questioning me about it. Big mess up and misunderstanding.

Anyways, hopefully this kind of clears it up for you. Hopefully you can forgive us and we can move on from here. Thanks!

From my point of view and not that of PSU's: I honestly think its happening from what I have heard, but I can't give names.

Justin Pinter
Πηγή: http://www.ps3forums.com/showpost.php?p=1815110&postcount=1

konstantinos
12-08-2007, 03:57
Τουλαχιστον αν την παρει θα εχουμε exclusive το GTA5.Κ οτι αλλο βγαλει η Rockstar.