PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive Killzone 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

soP1holi
04-05-2007, 14:59
paidia pistevo oti to killzone tha einai kati antistixo toy gears of war kai akoma kalitero logo to oti i paragogi toy exei ftasi se trela posa 15 fores toy gears

PDS
04-05-2007, 16:24
Φιλε soP1holi μπορεις να διορθωσεις και τον τιτλο?γιατι εχεις ξεχασει ενα l στο killzone :)

Για το παιχνιδι τωρα...αν και δεν μου αρεσουν τα fps ειμαι πολυ περιεργος να δω το επιπεδο γραφικων που θα εχει το Killzone2.

blizard
08-05-2007, 01:15
Έχουν δώσει τρομερά λεφτά για το παιχνίδι και λένε πως όλα θα καταστρέφονται και θα μοιάζει πολύ ρεαλιστικό... ας ελπίσουμε να έχουν δίκιο.

http://www.psu.com/node/9175
Guerrilla Games technical director, Michiel van der Leeuw, stated that all environments will be destructible in Killzone 2 for the PlayStation 3.
...programming that was previously impossible on PS2 hardware can now be executed easily on the PlayStation 3.
"We can add many more light and shadow effects, and we are about to reach reality"

NonBorn
16-05-2007, 14:00
Χτες επιβεβαιώθηκε το beta του killzone 2!!!

Seb "motherH" Downie of Guerrilla Games confirmed that there will be a public beta for Killzone on the PS3. When, is the big mystery.

Link: http://www.killzoneunit.com/kz/?p=565

NonBorn
10-06-2007, 22:56
New Killzone 2 Engine info

The Develop Conference will be taking place between July 24th to the 26th in Brighton, UK. Even though this event will be taking place after E3, we’ll get a chance to hear about some of the development techniques behind Killzone for the PS3.

Deferred rendering in Killzone 2
Michal Valient, Guerrilla-Games

Next generation gaming brought high resolutions, very complex environments and large textures to our living rooms. With virtually every asset being inflated, it’s hard to use traditional forward rendering and hope for rich, dynamic environments with extensive dynamic lighting. Deferred rendering, on the other hand, has been traditionally described as a nice technique for rendering of scenes with many dynamic lights, that unfortunately suffers from fill-rate problems and lack of anti-aliasing and very few games that use it were published.

In this talk, we will discuss our approach to face this challenge and how we designed a deferred rendering engine that uses multi-sampled anti-aliasing (MSAA). We will give in-depth description of each individual stage of our real-time rendering pipeline and the main ingredients of our lighting, post-processing and data management. We’ll show how we utilize PS3’s SPUs for fast rendering of a large set of primitives, parallel processing of geometry and computation of indirect lighting. We will also describe our optimizations of the lighting and our parallel split (cascaded) shadow map algorithm for faster and stable MSAA output.

Take Away
The session will provide detailed overview and optimizations of modern rendering engine and parallel processing. Many of the topics are applicable for various gaming platforms.

Πηγή: http://www.killzoneunit.com/kz/?p=647

pvinis
11-06-2007, 18:20
found on: http://www.ps3forums.com (http://www.ps3forums.com/)

Quote:
The Develop Conference will be taking place between July 24th to the 26th in Brighton, UK. Even though this event will be taking place after E3, we’ll get a chance to hear about some of the development techniques behind Killzone for the PS3.

Deferred rendering in Killzone 2
Michal Valient, Guerrilla-Games

Next generation gaming brought high resolutions, very complex environments and large textures to our living rooms. With virtually every asset being inflated, it’s hard to use traditional forward rendering and hope for rich, dynamic environments with extensive dynamic lighting. Deferred rendering, on the other hand, has been traditionally described as a nice technique for rendering of scenes with many dynamic lights, that unfortunately suffers from fill-rate problems and lack of anti-aliasing and very few games that use it were published.

In this talk, we will discuss our approach to face this challenge and how we designed a deferred rendering engine that uses multi-sampled anti-aliasing (MSAA). We will give in-depth description of each individual stage of our real-time rendering pipeline and the main ingredients of our lighting, post-processing and data management. We’ll show how we utilize PS3’s SPUs for fast rendering of a large set of primitives, parallel processing of geometry and computation of indirect lighting. We will also describe our optimizations of the lighting and our parallel split (cascaded) shadow map algorithm for faster and stable MSAA output.

Take Away
The session will provide detailed overview and optimizations of modern rendering engine and parallel processing. Many of the topics are applicable for various gaming platforms.
Ok why am I re-posting this you may ask.

Answer = I done some digging about deferred rendering as I have never heared of this technuiqe.

Basicly it looks like there hasn't been enough power or the GPU's have been to restricte to do deferred rendering with MSAA up until present.

Here is a quote on this:

Quote:
Don't have any screenshots, I abandonned my deferred redenderer a couple of years ago.
But I recall that the artifacts that bothered me most was that sometimes it looked like there was no AA and most of the time the "edges" were enhanced, like a sobel edge detection filter albeit more subtle.
I.e the jaggy edges where enhanced, which defies the purpose of AA!
Looking further down I stumbled on this:

Quote:
So if I use only a GeForce 8800, I can program the resolve function, that's it ? Then I can have an antialiased resolve function for the color buffer and no anti-aliasing for the position and normals ... Is it correct ?

Can I do it just now ? what function to call (on XP/OpenGL) ?

Or you mean that I have to render to a 4X buffer (for 4X AA) then code AA myself ?
answer was:

Quote:
Custom resolves are supported on G80 and R600 (they are required for D3D10). In D3D10 you can load the different elements in an MSAAed buffer using the "Load" shader function with an extra integer parameter for which color index. Note that *all* of your attribute buffers should technically be multisampled (this is also supported on G80/R600).

Also note that MRT's are a totally separate issue here... even if you render one RT at a time, you will still have a problem with MSAA + deferred shading. MRT's are *just a performance optimization* - always remember that.

I assume the G80 OpenGL extensions expose something similar, but I'd have to check them out.

What you need to do for deferred shading is to load all of the different indices, resolve the lighting function, then average the results for all samples. So for 4x MSAA something like (in HLSL):
So if we go back to the original Killzone 2 devs posts we can speculate that either.

The RSX has some of the Nvidia G80 componants.

or

The Cell is able to emulate DX10 functions (or something completly new) for this type of thing to work?

http://www.gamedev.net/community/for...opic_id=447959 (http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=447959)

mg1980
11-06-2007, 23:11
wtf!!!great news!!!

mg1980
12-06-2007, 17:51
το παιχνιδι πιστευω επειδη κιολας εχουν ριξει πολλα χρηματα για την αναπτυξη του και ειδικα επειδη ειχα παιξει το killzone στο ps2,η guerrilla (που ανοικει πια στη sony)σαν developer ξερει να παιρνει το κατι παραπανω απο την υπποδυναμη του ps,γενικοτερα.υπομονη και κατι μου λεει οτι θα δουμε πραγματα που ουτε φανταζομασταν (παντα θετικα),σε σχεση με το fake demo of e3 2006.Ιδωμεν!

klepidas
12-06-2007, 17:54
sigoura exoun rixei polla xrimata afou oloi oi os3 games auto kai to metal gear solid 4 perimenoun kai se auto tha stirixei i sony

SQP_GR
26-06-2007, 01:05
Killzone PS3-Second Intention and Guerrilla

ACEMANWISE - contributor - Tipsed by: Clinton514
Published: 17 minutes ago | News | PlayStation 3 | Industry News | Dev News
Info Report
It’s hard not to post about these minute details that are popping up about Killzone for the PS3.

A couple of weeks ago killzoneunit.com learned of Guerrilla Games at the Develop Conference, this week thanks Epix at PS3Forums, killzoneunit.com learned that Second Intention has worked with Guerrilla Games on “graphics technology research”.

Although they’ve completed their contract in 2005, they have continued working with Guerrilla Games on what we assume to be the lighting system for Killzone on the PS3.

NonBorn
27-06-2007, 04:03
Rumor: Θα έρθει τελικά το Killzone 2 μέσα στο Σεπτέμβρη? (http://gameplanets.blogspot.com/2007/06/new-killzone-2-info_26.html)

Σε ένα τελευταίο θέμα του GamePro έγκυρες πηγές λένε ότι η ανάπτυξη του Killzone 2 πάει απ' το καλό στο καλύτερο και ότι το παιχνίδι θα φτάσει σε μας τον ερχόμενο Σεπτέμβρη.Ένας αρθρογράφος του GamePro έγραψε ότι σε σχέση με το Halo 3 και ότι κυκλοφορεί σε FPS αυτή τη στιγμή σε κονσόλα το Killzone 2 είναι πολύ μα πολύ μπροστά. Περιμένουμε να δούμε αν η φήμη θα βγεί αληθινή αν και το βλέπω αρκετά δύσκολο να έχουμε το Killzone 2 το Σεπτέμβρη. Παρόλα αυτά τα μάτια μας στην E3 να δούμε τι έχει η Sony να μας δείξει για το Killzone 2 και αν είναι τόσο μπροστά όσο λένε όλοι...

SQP_GR
27-06-2007, 11:18
an einai ante gia.apo tote pu aipexa tin beta tu halo kai xenerosa to pulisa kateutian,bevea eixa varethi kai to gears ,to fortza the einai tipota to spudeo kai etsi den me enthusiaze to xbox allo an vgalu merika games den tha apasxoli alli konsola kanenan,poso malos an diatheti 3 games kala.den trelathika na exw alli konsola gia dio tria games

SQP_GR
27-06-2007, 17:39
Killzone 2 at E3 – Cost $20 Million To Date

Shadow Flare - contributor - Tipsed by: jaffer
Published: 34 minutes ago | News | PlayStation 3
Info Report
Killzone 2 is going to get the full E3 treatment, with its own party in a swanky sushi bar in Santa Monica and everything. It's on at the same time as the Microsoft conference and E3 party, no less! Take that Microsoft!

Apparently Killzone 2, developed by Amsterdam-based Guerilla Games, is the most expensive entertainment project in Dutch history, with a whopping great budget in excess of $20 million (£10 million).

Proevofan
27-06-2007, 17:55
koitakse to xbox einai kalh konsola k exei ena soro games apo ta opois paizontai me aksioprepeia 2-3...ante sou vazo 5 gia ola ta gousta...an exeis ps3 niotheis otan paizeis oti einai allo epipedo..kata ta psemata tora.. to killzone einai exclusive k doulevete poso kairo tora sto ps3..exo periergeia na do pos tha einai...makari na exoume kati sthn E3..

NonBorn
27-06-2007, 18:52
ProEvo η Sony ανακοίνωσε ειδικό event 2.30 ώρες για το Killzone 2 στην E3 οπότε χαπάκια και αναμονή....Θα δούμε πιστεύω πολλά για το Killzone όχι απλά κάτι... ;)

SQP_GR
27-06-2007, 18:55
stantar den kanis idiki parusiasi an den axizi.alios tha to parusiazane sti ekthesi sta muloxta kai ayto itan

SQP_GR
27-06-2007, 20:15
Rumour: Killzone 2 could be coming sooner than we think

Posted Jun 27th 2007 11:15AM by Jem Alexander
Filed under: Rumors

There's a chance we may be seeing a Killzone 2 release as early as September. Game Planets is reporting that the latest issue of Power Unlimited magazine states that "expectations for the PlayStation 3 premier shooter are high, and Sony aims to release Killzone 2 during September."

While we're going to reserve judgement for now, we wouldn't be surprised if this was true. We first got a glimpse of the game two years ago and, judging from the way Sony is handling the Killzone 2 presentation at E3, they must have something spectacular to show us now. A pre-Halo 3 release would also do the game a great deal of good, especially if its as groundbreaking as they say.

We'll keep you updated as and when any developments occur.
ps3fanboy

Slay
27-06-2007, 20:20
spq βαζε και κανενα link σε αυτα που ποσταρεις,
thanx.

Proevofan
28-06-2007, 03:10
πολυ ομορφα...ε ναι 2 ωριτσες ετσι για μια πατατα δεν αφιερωνεις... ειχε δικιο ο Phil που ελεγε οτι δε θα δειξουμε τπτ απο killzone αν δε φτασει στο σημειο που το θελουμε! μαλλον ηρθε η ωρα! :P

EDIT: φυσικα και θα θελουμε HD την παρουσιαση...και την conference..:yay:

SQP_GR
28-06-2007, 20:40
Killzone PS3 Beta Set To Begin
by Victor Dangelo on 28/06/2007 Views: 312

News is coming out that Sony is recruiting for the rumored Killzone beta on the PlayStation 3.

The news is coming out of the Official PlayStation forums as they stated that the Killzone beta test could be closer to being launched than many thought.

Many users received an e-mail from Sony which reads "PlayStation Network is getting Killzone battleready, and we’re looking for beta testers to provide crucial feedback. You must have access to a PlayStation 3 system that is connected to the internet via broadband connection, an active PlayStation Network account, and be 18 years or older. If you want to participate in this beta simply reply "yes" to this message and you will be notified via e-mail if you are accepted."
vevea den xerume an einai alithia

Proevofan
10-07-2007, 21:19
First Killzone 2 Picture

http://images.usatoday.com/tech/_photos/2007/07/10/killzonex-large.jpg

Slay
10-07-2007, 21:38
Gameplay trailer of Killzone 2 coming to PSN confirmed.
http://www.insidegamer.nl/playstatio...2/nieuws/16247 (http://www.insidegamer.nl/playstation3/killzone2/nieuws/16247)

btw proevofan συγκρινουν καποιοι αυτη την εικονα με το εκρωμα το PDZ? μερικοι ξεχναν ευκολα φαινεται.

NonBorn
10-07-2007, 21:39
Έβαλα την κανονική photo που βγήκε σήμερα το πρωί στον internet γιατί η μεγάλη ήταν απλά μεγαλωμένη αυτή με αποτέλεσμα να φαίνεται έτσι όπως φαίνεται...
Κυκλοφορούν πολλά fake images γι αυτό το λόγο δεν έγινε post νωρίτερα η συγκεκριμένη εικόνα. Περιμένουμε νέες photos και υλικό πολύ σύντομα από την E3 για το Killzone2.

Δείτε και αυτό για το IGN και τις photos που κυκλοφορύν:http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=83624

Proevofan
10-07-2007, 21:41
PDZ?

nai kala ekanes nonborn!

Slay
10-07-2007, 22:34
PDZ?

perfect dark zero

SPOWN
10-07-2007, 23:19
Καλα και που αναφερεσαι σε αυτο το παιχνιδι φιλε slay αξια του δινεις....Απλα εκτρωμα το pdz ....Οσο για το Killzone θα ξερουμε σε λιγες ωρες μην βγαζουμε γρηγορα συμπερασματα, ειναι πολλα που πρεπει να δουμε και να αναλυσουμε...οπως background, physics, κινηση, Αυριο ελπιζω να μαθουμε....

NonBorn
11-07-2007, 00:32
Seb Downie - QA Manager - Guerrilla Games

“This is from the Single player.”

”More screenshots will be released the coming days. Hold out till then.”

Raziel123 wrote:
first of all, thanks for answering our questions.

im gonna make a few more, you probably can't comment on them but i'll try anyway.

1 - will we get anything else today or only the next days?

2 - is the helghast covered in snow on that pic?

3 - where's the crosshair or whatever for aiming your gun?

4 - what's your personal opinion, comparing the 05 trailer with how the game looks right now?

“1. There will be more released as E3 gets under way.
2. No, its light.
3. Switched off for the purpose of the screenshot.
4. Wait and see for yourself as more content is release”

EdgeUK wrote:
Here we go...analysis paralysis!

Can you coment on what sort of build this is..like pre-alpha or beta?

Will there be opportunities for improvements for things like self-shadowing and shadow aliasing etc...?

If I am going of topic/thread just bang me into the right place...

Thanks

“1. Pre-pre alpha.
2. Please wait to see more content before judging it.”

SoMeOnE!!! wrote:
motherh you are awesome, i've never seen someone involved with such a major IP so close to the community answering every question.

also one quick question.

How do you think the press and gaming audienc will react to killzone 2 and how it looks?

a) OMG
b) HOLY CRAP
c) IM IN A DREAM!

“d) All of the above.

”Yes that room is pretty dark to begin with. And the light source is from the muzzle-flash. It looks a lot better in movement. As for the rest, no comment at this stag”

http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...cending&page=1 (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=messhall&thread.id=30537&view=by_date_ascending&page=1)

DarkUSS
11-07-2007, 01:45
Εγώ θα περιμένω να δω trailer για να κρίνω. Μια photo δεν μου λέει τίποτα! Άσε που μπορεί να είναι και κανένα κόλπο marketing, διαφορετικά γιατί να δείξουν μια photo από pre-alpha build? Δύο χρόνια, με τεράστιο budget κι ακόμα ούτε στο beta στάδιο δεν είναι?

Exoskeletor
11-07-2007, 09:00
subscribe please

Slay
11-07-2007, 09:06
επαθες τιποτα και γραφεις το ιδιο σε πολλα threads?

Exoskeletor
11-07-2007, 09:20
Kala olh ayth h syzhthsh gia thn photo me tous dhmiourgous se poia forum egine? na mpenoume k meis. kala asxeto alla to alan wake pou eine? :D

Slay
11-07-2007, 09:22
λογικα στο επισημο φορουμ του playstation, btw παιζει σε εμφανιση και λειτουργικοτητα να ειναι οτι ποιο ασχημο εχω δει σε φορουμ.

Exoskeletor
11-07-2007, 09:24
a kala asto tote. pote tha exoume perisotera gia killzone?

Slay
11-07-2007, 09:55
λογικα σε λιγες ωρες, δεν ξερω αν υπαρχει ακομα κανενας μεσα που να κανει live blogging, αν αφηνει η sony βεβαια για κατι τετοιο.

Slay
11-07-2007, 10:36
1. What game do you have at E3 this year?
We are very excited to be presenting Killzone 2 this year.

2. Describe it in five words or less.
Killzone 2 is a Hostile Theatre of war where every hit has a dramatic impact (sorry, Killzone is just too big for five words).

3. Tell me about the game, what’s the story?
It’s two years later and the ISA are invading the Helghast home planet of Helghan. The goal is to capture the Helghast leader and bring the war machine to a halt.

4. What did you do on this game that you couldn’t do on another platform?
For us, we need a great deal of processing power to make our vision come to life. The PS3 really allows us to build Killzone 2 on a grand scale with a level of detail that is truly eye-catching, and something that we knew we could do, but needed the source of raw horsepower to make it happen. To give you an example, our character models on screen use the same amount of polygons as an entire level of Killzone on PS2.

5. What do you think is the coolest aspect of this game?
One cool thing to note is that we can now do many of the things we envisioned when we were creating the original Killzone. The PS3 hardware really gives us much more freedom in the development process. In my opinion though, at the end of the day, the thing I think about as a coolest aspect of the game really is the iconic Helghast image with the glowing eyes (as you can see in the screen above).

6. If you could sit one person in front of your game for an hour, who would it be?No big names really, I would most like to see the game in the hands of our fans. We want Joe six pack to play the game and beg for more time with it than just one hour. We’re really looking forward to getting our fans’ reaction to the game.

7. What game do you most want an hour to sit in front of yourself (besides your own)?
Probably Resident Evil 5, I’ve always been a fan of that franchise.

8. How many E3’s does E3 2007 mark for you?
This is my 10th. I’m very happy to see this change in the format this year. There should be much less noise and an overall better experience for attendees.

9. Describe the pre-2007 E3 experience in five words or less.
Again, it’s impossible to do this in under five words. My pre-E3 experience has left me buried in our project. Now that E3 is here, it feels like I’m about to get out of a very long tunnel. It will also be nice to get re-acquainted with my wife.

10. You are asked to make suggestions for an E3 survival kit- what three items HAVE to be included?
For us, E3 is all about exchanging an umbrella and coat for a nice pair of shades. Our team loves to adopt the California gear: sunglasses, flip flops and a nice convertible.

11. What advice would you have for someone who has never experienced E3?
It is a very inspirational time for us as well as everyone who is a fan of games. E3 is where many great teams get together to show off a variety of amazing products. So my advice is to enjoy every single minute of it…it’s a great rush when you get to see some of the very best work from each of the companies involved.

12. Describe what you anticipate from 2007’s newly formatted E3 in five words or less.
I believe this new format for E3 will really allow for more tailored, intimate and customized experiences. A prime example is the event we did tonight for Killzone 2.

13. What’s your favorite part about developing games for a living?
It is definitely the people. I enjoy working with the wide range of talent we have, including extreme creative types as well as the analytic, technical members of our team. It is this collaborative process that magically comes together during each project, allowing us to bring our vision to life

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

Slay
11-07-2007, 12:06
οριστε τεκνα μου οι πρωτες εντυπωσεις, εικονες και βιντεο αργοτερα

E3 2007: Killzone 2 Impressions
Yes, it's real

US, July 11, 2007 - Note: Images and video coming very soon.

Tonight, Sony Computer Entertainment finally pulled the curtains back from its highly-anticipated first-person shooter, Killzone 2 (http://ps3.ign.com/objects/748/748475.html). The console giant has been entirely mum on the game since its debut at E3 2005, and though it started with tremendous hype, gamers have grown more and more weary over its status as time has gone on. The issue up until now has been that as impressive as the trailer was, it was all pre-rendered, and being that no one has really heard about the game in nearly two years now (aside from an SDK demo at this year's GDC which was in no-way indicative of the actual title), gamers everywhere have simply had to speculate as to whether or not it would live up to the extremely impressive trailer. And perhaps more so, whether or not said pre-rendered footage would doom the game to become a disappointment.

Tonight's demo opened very similarly to what we saw two years ago. Clouds canvassed the screen until a soldier's head crept into view. He and others on his "cargo" vessel converse in short and abrupt sentences about how they're on their way to certain death. The scene is extremely similar to the lead-up to the invasion on Normandy Beach - certain hell is ahead, and the soldiers can't help but hold on to their helmets and hope to make it to the war zone intact and actually have a fighting chance.

A couple more vessels come into view, engines kicking below their flat surface while soldiers can only crouch and hold on to the thin railing. There's no protection here, nor even seats. Just as the clouds begin to part, one of the vessels is hit by incoming fire and begins plummeting to the very expansive city below. After falling for what seems like an eternity, it finally lands in a ball of flame as soldiers on the other vessels talk about how they're certain to die. Their commander tells everyone to lock and load...

The opening was once again fantastic, but we couldn't help but sit there and think, "When are we finally going to see some in-game footage?" The only thing was that we had been looking at in-game footage. As soon as our soldier hits the ground and his gun comes into view, very much like what we saw with the opening to Resistance, we couldn't help but think, "Holy hell, all of that was in-game?"

Indeed, it's quickly apparent that Guerilla has come much closer to the original trailer than most anyone thought possible. It's not 100% identical to be sure, but there are times (quite often) when it's really, really damn close.

While not featuring as much normal mapping in pro-pixel leatherization diffusion as Gears of War, it bests it in other ways. For one, there's more polygonal detail in, well, everything. Soldiers' faces looked unbelievable, and while you can pick out polygons while studying their shoulders, we must repeat that you have to study them. Streets and buildings are lined with stuff, and there's not really a better way to encompass that. Power lines, boxes, railings, window sills, trash... it's all there. While there aren't as many effects going on as we've seen in some UE3 gamers, there's unmistakably more detail to everything.

The lighting is also smoother. While UE3 games like Gears boast realtime lighting for everything, Killzone 2's lighting scheme mixes realtime and pre-canned lighting for an extremely smooth and, frankly, extremely impressive lighting model. The art direction, what with its dark colors and overly-gritty feel, keep the game from looking "real", but that doesn't mean it isn't absolutely immersive. I will personally say that I can't remember seeing a more impressive lighting model than this. More realistic? Maybe. But more impressive? No.

Now for the gameplay... Do you remember what it felt like to first play Call of Duty, with bullets flying everywhere and feeling like safety or even pause was nowhere to be found? That's Killzone 2 (http://ps3.ign.com/objects/748/748475.html) in a nutshell. The bullets only stopped when a hallway was cleared and you haven't gotten to the next corner yet. And that didn't happen very often.

Taking place in the streets of the city, inside its alley-flanking buildings, on second- and third-story balconies and on a rooftop or two, there were always Helghast about and bullets were always in the air. One theme is clear - you'll never stay put. The demo-er rarely stopped moving, and when he did it was only to take out a single soldier. As soon as that one was dead, he was on the move again.

A cover system looks to be in place in some fashion, though it's a little unclear as to how "deep" it is. You're able to lean around the sides of cover or corners to take out enemies, and you can blind fire around and over it (with your soldier holding his weapon sideways as it kicks bullets into uncertain territory). It didn't kick you out to a third-person view ala Rainbow Six: Vegas however, so we're not sure how much you're intended to rely on it.

Speaking of not switching views, there were only two points in the demo where the view was not in first-person. One was at the very end of the level to show off a nice explosion, and another when the level's mini-boss appeared. When the player approached one of the alleyways, the camera pulled away and zoomed in on a massive, chaingun-wielding Helghast soldier, replete with nearly a tanks-worth of armor. He took down a number of AI soldiers before the Guerilla rep was able to stun him with some bullets to the face and then take him out by shooting some energy packs on his back. We expect the rest of the game to play out in a similar manner where most cutscenes leave you in a first-person view, while specific scenes or characters of importance are highlighted.

The big explosion at the end that we referred to has to do with the destruction of an electrical canon, the end-goal of the level. Throughout the mission, the sky lit up repeatedly with lightning that lit up the environment. We originally thought this was solely the work of mother nature and unrelated to the battle, but once we finally got a view of the city from a few stories up we saw that some of the electricity was coming from something man-made, or Helghast-made, to be precise.

The Helghast are capable of utilizing, and perhaps even controlling, the weather. This level has you seek out an electrical canon that first absorbs lightning, and then re-use the energy as an offensive weapon. We're not sure how much weather will play out in the rest of the game, but at the end of the demo Guerilla noted that weather will indeed play a part in actual gameplay, and that the Helghast will certainly make use of it.

Aside from the very nice use of lighting and polygons, Killzone 2 (http://ps3.ign.com/objects/748/748475.html) has a few more tricks up its proverbial sleeve. The animation system looks to be blend of pre-canned and ragdoll animation. Helghast would fly back up against a wall, roll down stairs and the like, but we also witnessed one dying soldier crawl on his hands and knees for a bit while breathing his last breath, and another seemingly attempt to catch himself with his arms as the rest of his body went limp. The animation system was mind-blowing in any way, but it also fit nicely into the world.

Physics on objects look to be what you'd expect these days. Chairs and boxes kicked, moved and would spin as you would expect, but they don't dent or deform or anything of that nature. There are destructible segments of the environment, though they look predefined and not dynamic. Planks of wood, a number of which were nicely placed for effects-value, would break and splinter when shot, but they look set up to do so. Pillars and other solid but breakable objects were similar. You can chip away at them, but don't expect to write your name in the rubble.

Though the demo was so action-packed that it was hard to pick up on a number of details, we did notice a few more subtleties. For one, the health system works like what you'll find in a number of shooters these days - that is, there is no finite health meter, but rather if you take enough fire over a short period of time you'll perish, while taking cover and waiting it out for a bit will bring you back up to speed. Also, at one point during the demo we noticed that you're able to sprint. It's unclear how far or often you can, though your weapon is lowered and moved to your side, so we're assuming that the inability to fire is your reason for not sprinting constantly.

The demo we lasted was the extent of an entire level and lasted over 15 minutes in length by our count, but remember that it was played by a Guerilla rep and that it'll take a newcomer a good bit longer to get through. Though there were a few pauses for loading at certain spots, Guerilla says that it'll have its streaming tech implemented by ship time and that you won't see any loads mid-level. When you see just how much stuff is here, you'll understand why this may not be an easy task.

If you would like a number to go with that, try 2GB. That's how big the single level was on disc, to which the Guerilla rep noted that the game's level of detail would not have been possible without Blu-ray.

As for multiplayer, the only details that we saw were part of a short PowerPoint presentation at the end, but Guerilla promises an "extensive multiplayer component", one that will make use of Home in some fashion. Sounds good to us.

Want to see the game for yourself? Head to the PlayStation Network at 3pm PST on Wednesday and you'll find a brand-spanking-new trailer waiting there for you.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/803/803129p1.html

σε δυο ωρες λοιπον το trailer θα ειναι στο ps store.

Terminator
11-07-2007, 12:16
οριστε τεκνα μου οι πρωτες εντυπωσεις, εικονες και βιντεο αργοτερα

E3 2007: Killzone 2 Impressions
Yes, it's real

US, July 11, 2007 - Note: Images and video coming very soon.

The opening was once again fantastic, but we couldn't help but sit there and think, "When are we finally going to see some in-game footage?" The only thing was that we had been looking at in-game footage. As soon as our soldier hits the ground and his gun comes into view, very much like what we saw with the opening to Resistance, we couldn't help but think, "Holy hell, all of that was in-game?"

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/803/803129p1.html
Ετσι ετσι, χαμος θα γινει σημερα, παει το store.

PDS
11-07-2007, 12:18
δηλαδη εμεις οι υπολοιποι δεν θα το δουμε αμεσως:(

Terminator
11-07-2007, 12:20
Οι εικονες ανεβηκαν

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/803/803129p1.html

Κυριες και κυριοι, η Σονυ εκανε παλι το θαυμα της.

Exoskeletor
11-07-2007, 12:22
E olo k kapoio site gamersyde h to gametrailers tha to balei me to pou bgei

NonBorn
11-07-2007, 12:25
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/803/803129/killzone-2-20070711010757606.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/803/803129/killzone-2-20070711010756169.jpg

Slay
11-07-2007, 12:29
HOLY FUCK

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/803/803246/killzone-2-20070711011951519.jpg

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/803/803246/killzone-2-20070711011953660.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/803/803246/killzone-2-20070711011955113.jpg

NonBorn
11-07-2007, 12:36
Εγώ επιμένω στο ότι θέλω να δω video... Βλέπετε τους καπνούς στον βάθος??? Κάτι μου λέει ότι αυτοί οι καπνοί μοίαζουν πολύ με αυτούς που είχαμε δει στις εκρήξεις του trailer του 2005. Υπομονή λίγο ακόμα για να δούμε σε τι επίπεδο βρίσκεται το Killzone 2. Πολύ πιθανό να μην πιστεύουμε στα μάτια μας για το τι θα δούμε το βράδυ...
:prayer::prayer::prayer:

NonBorn
11-07-2007, 12:41
Εντυπώσεις από τα Media (Links)

Highlights
Want to see the game for yourself? Head to the PlayStation Network at 3pm PST on Wednesday and you'll find a brand-spanking-new trailer waiting there for you.
The opening was once again fantastic, but we couldn't help but sit there and think, "When are we finally going to see some in-game footage?" The only thing was that we had been looking at in-game footage. As soon as our soldier hits the ground and his gun comes into view, very much like what we saw with the opening to Resistance, we couldn't help but think, "Holy hell, all of that was in-game?" Credit: Reshin (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/view_profile?user.id=1599669) and CBR7 (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/view_profile?user.id=1415453)
As for multiplayer, the only details that we saw were part of a short PowerPoint presentation at the end, but Guerilla promises an "extensive multiplayer component", one that will make use of Home in some fashion. Credit: PS2 and 2405fpw (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/view_profile?user.id=1484750)
You're able to lean around the sides of cover or corners to take out enemies, and you can blind fire around and over it (with your soldier holding his weapon sideways as it kicks bullets into uncertain territory). It didn't kick you out to a third-person view. Credit: Reshin (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/view_profile?user.id=1599669)
Guerilla rep noted that the game's level of detail would not have been possible without Blu-ray. Credit: Reshin (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/view_profile?user.id=1599669)
As for multiplayer, the only details that we saw were part of a short PowerPoint presentation at the end, but Guerilla promises an "extensive multiplayer component" Credit: Reshin (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/view_profile?user.id=1599669)
Indeed, it's quickly apparent that Guerilla has come much closer to the original trailer than most anyone thought possible. It's not 100% identical to be sure, but there are times (quite often) when it's really, really damn close. Credit: Tulip_Sniper (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/view_profile?user.id=1536838)
1up - Impressions at 1am (http://www.1up.com/)PST (http://www.1up.com/)
Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/)
Ign - Direct Link (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/803/803129p1.html)

IGN Impressions (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/803/803129p3.html)
1up Impressions (http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3160994)

Exoskeletor
11-07-2007, 12:52
h proth eikona mou aresei poly. oi ales 2 mporo na po me tosa pou exoume dei an den iksera poio game tha eine tha elega apla fenete kalo apo ta grafika. prepei na to adikoun to game oi photos. Ante na erthi to video

NonBorn
11-07-2007, 13:05
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/803/803246/killzone-2-20070711011953660.jpg

Δες το σκηνικό στο βάθος και υπομονή μέχρι να δούμε κίνηση σε όλο αυτό...10 ώρες ακόμα ;)

Terminator
11-07-2007, 13:09
Στο gamevideos υπαρχει το τραιλερ σε sd. Οπως και να χει φαινεται τρελο.

Δειτε το.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/12998

NonBorn
11-07-2007, 13:14
US, July 11, 2007 - Tuesday night at an exclusive media event in Santa Monica, SCEA announced the 2008 release of Killzone 2 for the PS3. The title features events that follows the action from the original Killzone that was released on the PS2, with new lifelike character animations, highly detailed and destructible environments, realistic physics and highly advanced enemy AI.

Set two years after the Helghast attack on the planet Vekta, Killzone 2 features the ISA assault upon the Helghan home world. Players will take on the role of Sev, a veteran of the ISA special forces known as the Legion. Sev's mission is to capture the Helghast leader, Emperor Visari, thereby forcing the militant Helghans to lay down their arms. Unfortunately, while taking on their first objective of securing the capital city of Pyrrhus, Sev and his platoon discovers that the enemy is not only putting up a fierce defense of their land, but they've developed the ability to use environmental power against the ISA troops. The battle quickly appears to be much more than battling the Helghan forces; they'll have to battle the forces of nature on the planet as well.

Killzone 2 will boast an extensive story driven single player game as well as multiplayer modes and an impressive list of technical features. The game will feature vivid character designs and environments, with advanced cinematic effects to impact and augment the gameplay. Killzone 2 will also support 7.1 surround sound with location specific audio to engage players in an aural experience.

"There have rightly been high expectations for Killzone 2 since we shared the vision for the title back in 2005," said Phil Harrison, president, Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios. "Guerrilla have worked hard to focus the power of PLAYSTATION 3 to realize their true vision for the game. With incredible action, drama-fueled gameplay sequences, and a vast array of weapons and vehicles, Killzone 2 defines a new benchmark of our industry."

Οπότε 2008 release,κινηματογραφικά εφέ,εντυπωσιακή λίστα με χαρακτηριστικά, 7.1 surround sound και την ιστορία να συνεχίζεται μετά το Killzone 1. Αυτά προς το παρόν θα μάθουμε περισσότερα το βράδυ...

Slay
11-07-2007, 13:16
Aπο Gametrailers
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21490.html

edit: HOLY FUCK

MaRkUs_
11-07-2007, 13:22
πωπωπωπω σήμερα πρέπει να συνδέσο επειγόντος το ps3 στο νετ!!! γαμάει το παιχνίδακι !!!!!!!

Slay
11-07-2007, 13:28
σε μιση ωρα λογικα θα υπαρχει στο Psn σε Hd

NIKOS
11-07-2007, 13:39
re paidia pws kserete pote tha vgei demo h trailer sto ps store?

NonBorn
11-07-2007, 13:42
Να πω και εγώ την άποψη μου τώρα???

1. 5 άτομα κάνουν διάλογο και check στα όπλα τους...!!
2. Η έκρηξη του πρώτου αεροσκάφους είναι μπροστά στη κάμερα και συμβαίνει λόγω ενός κεραυνού από την κακοκαιρία...!!!
3. Ο καπνός και οι εκρήξεις στο περιβάλλον πριν πέσει το αεροπλάνο είναι πολύ κοντά σε αυτό που είδαμε το 2005...
4. Το περιβάλλον είναι με μία λέξη ΑΠΙΣΤΕΥΤΟ!
5. Η κεραυνοί είναι τόσο αληθινοί λες κ τους βλέπεις από το παράθυρο... OMG
6. Οι τοίχοι σκίζονται από τις σφαίρες... Φεύγουν σοβάδες κλπ κλπ... :rofl::rofl:
7. To αίμα και η αντίδραση του σώματος στις σφαίρες είναι σαν αυτές που βλέπουμε στο Hollywood στις ταινίες...
8. Το μόνο που μου προξένησε μία ας πούμε δυσαρέσκεια είναι τα μοντέλα των ανθρώπων στην πρώτη σκηνή από τα οποία ήθελα περισσότερη λεπτομέρια. Αυτό με ερωτηματικό μπορεί να μην το δα πολύ καλά εγώ ή να περίμενα ηθοποιούς να δω ;) Πάντως αυτό είναι το μόνο σημείο που μπορεί να σταθεί κανείς για να κρίνει όλα τα άλλα είναι απλά ΤΕΛΕΙΑ!!

Slay
11-07-2007, 13:43
μας το ειπε ενα πουλακι που λεγεται IGN, αααα ξεχασα να σας θυμισω οτι αυτο που ειδαμε ειναι pre-pre-alpha αρε γλεντια που εχουμε να κανουμε.

Terminator
11-07-2007, 13:47
γενικως μονο το 1up προσπαθησε να μας κανει να νομισουμε οτι δεν ειναι κατι το ιδιαιτερο, ολοι οι υπολοιποι ειναι απολυτα ικανοποιημενοι.

Slay
11-07-2007, 13:51
Δεν μου κανει εντυπωση αυτο απο το 1UP ειναι γνωστο τι πρεσβευουν οι ανθρωποι. Θυμαται κανεις το score για την φολα PDZ? η MS παντως πληρωσε τον εν λογω συντακτη με θεση εργασιας στην εταιρια.

NIKOS
11-07-2007, 13:54
paidia epeidi eimai oligon ti asxetos, ti einai IGN? yparxei kapoio post pou na leei ta upcoming videos k demos sto ps store?

Slay
11-07-2007, 13:54
torrent σε HD
http://www.mybtfile.com/torrent/39048526/

PDS
11-07-2007, 13:56
τι να λεμε τωρα...
οποιος το ειδε και δεν εντυπωσιαστηκε,τι να πω.

Slay
11-07-2007, 13:57
paidia epeidi eimai oligon ti asxetos, ti einai IGN? yparxei kapoio post pou na leei ta upcoming videos k demos sto ps store?
to IGN ειναι ενα απο τα μεγαλυτερα gaming sites, στο preview που πρωτο αυτο δημοσιευσει στις 1am τοπικη ωρα εγραψαν οτι το τραιλερ θα ειναι στο store στις 3am, παντως κοιτα και το torrent αν θες να το δεις σε PC

Terminator
11-07-2007, 13:58
Προσωπικα κανω υπομονη και περιμενω για το hd στο store. Slay, ειπανε 3pm οποτε γυρω στη 1 μετα τα μεσανυχτα θα ανεβει στο store.

Slay
11-07-2007, 14:21
γαμοτο, εγω γιατι νομιζα AM? anyway κατεβαζω το torrent , και κατι ακομα, δειτε λιγο σκιες!!!!!
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa18/killthee/GAF/E3-TrailerUSKILLZONE-09.jpg

Slay
11-07-2007, 15:08
τωρα αυτο ισως να επρεπε να το ποσταρω στο funny thread αλλα δεν πειραζει:angry:
http://i17.tinypic.com/61ug5f9.jpg

Slay
11-07-2007, 15:10
και μεχρι να κατεβει το torrent που αργει πολυ θα ελεγα, παρτε μερικα screens απο το συγκεκριμενο video.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap001.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap005.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap008.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap0010.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap009.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap0011.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap007.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap020.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap021.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap022.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap023.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap024.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap025.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap026.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap029.jpg

Slay
11-07-2007, 15:11
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap030.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap031.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap032.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap033.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap034.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap036.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap039.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap040.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap041.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap042.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap043.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa248/killzonescreenshd/bscap044.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa18/killthee/GAF/3.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa18/killthee/GAF/2.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa18/killthee/GAF/1.jpg

SPOWN
11-07-2007, 15:24
παιδια το ειδατε το βιντεο βγηκε σε Hd , παιδια τι ειναι αυτο ακομη δεν το πιστευω τι ειδαμε σημερα....μιλαμε για σεισμο , εγκελαδοσ, θεεεεε μου....κ

Slay
11-07-2007, 15:31
και αλλη πηγη για το τραιλερ
http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_4052_en.html

DarkUSS
11-07-2007, 15:42
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!

Εύγε στους developers της Guerrilla για το κατόρθωμά τους! Ειλικρινά, δεν περίμενα με τίποτα να το φτάσουν τόσο κοντά με το CG του 2005. Σε ορισμένα σημεία δεν είναι υπερβολή να πω πως το ξεπερνά κιόλας!!!

Τρέμε MS από εδώ και πέρα... Σιγά σιγά το αρνητικό κλίμα που επικρατούσε για το PS3 αρχίζει και αντιστρέφεται. :)

SPOWN
11-07-2007, 15:49
και που να δειτε την συνεχεια....

Slay
11-07-2007, 16:26
HD και απο το gametrailers αν και λογω μεγεθους και μονο η ποιοτητα δεν πρεπει να ειναι στο επιπεδο του video απο το torrent.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21504.html

Slay
11-07-2007, 16:45
http://i9.tinypic.com/53gh06a.gif

http://i10.tinypic.com/6c49k4y.gif

http://i12.tinypic.com/6c7aw51.gif

http://i14.tinypic.com/6f4svw5.gif
και μην χασετε αποψε την conference , μελη της Guerila την συνιστουν ανεπιφυλακτα οτι και να εχετε δει μεχρι εκεινη την ωρα, να μην την χασετε.

WolfRathmA
11-07-2007, 16:46
Oh! My! God!

θεε και κυριε!!!

τι ειναι αυτο ρε παιδια;;;

μηπως μερικοι μεινανε μλκεσ;;;;

Slay
11-07-2007, 17:18
πολλοι μεινανε μαλακες, αστο η sony και η guerilla με μια κινηση ματ , βουλωσαν ολα τα στοματα.

EDIT: μολις ηρθε και το τραιλερ se mp4 :1appl::1appl:
πρεπει να βρω ενα stick να το μεταφερω στο ps3 γιατι το pc μου δεν μπορει να το παιξει χωρις να αποσυγχρονιζει τον ηχο.

Proevofan
11-07-2007, 17:48
k go to mp4 katevazo..mia ora tora..sernete alla WOOOORTH THE WAIT!!! pesan sagonia shmera! ti prama htan touto?

SQP_GR
11-07-2007, 18:11
re molis ida to video kai de mporusa na sineltho.to gear kai paparies kai halo kapotes mu lete .thelo to kilzoneeeeeeee tora tha tus kano minisi sti sony na min dimiurgun psixologia ston kosmo kai meta ton afinun na perimeni.molis vgi auto to game tha paro tetramini adia apo tin dulia

Slay
11-07-2007, 18:13
http://www.wii60.com/images/lostkillzone.gif

SQP_GR
11-07-2007, 18:15
apo edo kai pera arxizi to kraximo .telos ta stomata katon.ante gia

SPOWN
11-07-2007, 18:26
xaxaxaxa e re καζουρα που εχουν να φανε τα καζανακια (360) , θα γελασει και το παρδαλο κατσικι, αυτη η E3 δειχνει πραγματικα που βρισκεται το ενα μηχανημα και που το αλλο....Απλα ενα χαος τους χωριζει, ενα χαος δυναμης και υπολογισμων....Ο CELL μιλησε , απλα, τι να πεις για τις γραφικαρες, για τις real timing shadow, για το διαστιμικα ομαλο gameplay, για τα physics, τι να πεις, ΣΤΟ ΜΕΤΑΞΥ στο ινσομνια ο mr desibelometro εχει ξαφανιστει , και εχει βαλει τον κακομοιρη Milto και 2 αλλα muupet να βγαλουν το φιδι απο την τρυπα, μιλαμε ΕΓΚΕΛΑΔΟΣ χτυπησε σημερα στην ε3 με επικεντρο την microsoft....Fantasteite αυτο το παιχνιδι να προσπαθουσε να το τρεξει το ΧΒΟΧ 360, ποσα θα θρυνουσαμε σε 5 μερες μεσα,?????χαχαχα

SQP_GR
11-07-2007, 18:30
molis tha patuses to on tha ekane mpammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm apo iperfortosi to kakomiro to evestituli

Proevofan
11-07-2007, 18:57
merikoi apo aytous pou krivontan olh mera shmera eno alles meres to stomataki tous lalaei apto proi (vlepeis kapoio mas lene oti eimaste kalh asxolia gia na pernaei iora sth douleia tous)...mallon epsaxnan kare kare bas k vroun tpt na poun gia ana arxisei apo mia vash to kraksimo...dioti h ms de edeikse k tpt sthn conference...vrhkan ateleies kapou se alles polities...milise o arxhgos k tora siga siga tha emfanistoun k ta papagalakia apo piso na ipostiriksoun ton arxhgo giati toses ores kaneis den evgaine na pei kati...giati einai oloi asxetoi k perimenoun ton arxhgo tous na kanei thn arxh k na ton plaisiosoun me sxolia typou "xaxaxaxaxa" "xoxoxoxoxoxoox" "naiiiiii" "pes ta dike mou" kai alla polla!

perasthka sas! ;)

Slay
11-07-2007, 19:03
ZW wrote:
Is there going to be online play? If so, how many players are you thinking?

Yes there is going to be online play. Final numbers for each map are still are still to be determined. More on MP later in the year as we approach the public beta.

Will you be restricted to one character? Or will it be like Killzone one with different characters etc
Will there be driveable vehicles or is it strictly foot work?

You will be taking the role of Sev for the entirety.
No comment on the vehicles at the present moment.

It's looking really good. Very nice. Are you happy with the response so far? Any criticisms that you've heard that you're really going to take to heart?

On the technical side, is the game built entirely on proprietary software?

Thank you.

We are very happy with the response so far. Even some of our bigger critics have grudgingly admitted they like it. So yes, very happy.

Its a mix of in-house and out-house middleware.

Seb - I read that one of the maps the developer played, they said was 2 GB in size. Is there a final number of maps yet determined for the game?

How many gigs is the game in total, or is that number not finalized yet?

Also, is there a number of maps determined yet for online play?

Yes, the level demoed at E3 was roughly 2.05 GB in size. As for how many levels, that is a No comment at this moment.
The final number is not clear yet. Between Online and Single player I think it is going to be very big. I would not want to put a number out there right now though. BIG
As for the amount of MP maps, we have a internal amount in mind, but nothing has been officially announced yet. More on MP later in the year,

Seb Downie - QA Manager - Guerrilla Games

NonBorn
11-07-2007, 19:06
Εγώ έγραφα τώρα γύρισα... Και είμαι έτοιμος να δω το trailer σε HD. Να πάρω ηρεμιστικό πριν το βάλω ή δεν χρειάζεται? Θέλω άμεση απάντηση δε μπορώ να περιμένω άλλο!!!

Εdit: @ Pro Evo Koίτα τα pm σου, σου έχω δουλίτσα.... :angry::angry::angry:

Slay
11-07-2007, 19:07
- Don't forget one thing: This game is PRE-pre-alpha! So, not PRE-Alpha, PRE-PRE! So, please don't start some "Hey, can you see that texture poppin' up! PLEASE, stop it, ok? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
There will be much more details, effects and so on. Give us some time.

- Second: Half of the animations are still NOT in the game http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif so, it will look MUCH MUCH better in the final game. Yes, we said it: The animations are matching the target render. Maybe it looks even better in the final game.

- third: Is there already a video out? I get no info here, because the conference is killing us (with joy). http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif If so, enjoy it! If not, playstation storewill have it. You have to see it in HD to believe it.

Slay
11-07-2007, 19:07
Εγώ έγραφα τώρα γύρισα... Και είμαι έτοιμος να δω το trailer σε HD. Να πάρω ηρεμιστικό πριν το βάλω ή δεν χρειάζεται? Θέλω άμεση απάντηση δε μπορώ να περιμένω άλλο!!!
παρε καλου κακου :angry::angry::angry:

SPOWN
11-07-2007, 19:08
Dixws xroias trolarismatos tha pw auto, to INSOMNIA exei katantisei ZOULOPARIKIA....me oλα τα Mupet show να στεινουν χορο....

NonBorn
11-07-2007, 19:23
OMFG.... WHAT WAS THAT??

Οποιος συγκρίνει το in game trailer αυτό με οτιδήποτε κυκλοφορεί και βρίσκει κάτι να πει απλά ζει σε άλλη πραγματικότητα. Όσο για τα textures που είπα ότι θέλουνε δουλειά γιατί φαίνονται πολύ πίσω από το υπόλοιπο σύνολο, το παίρνω πίσω και αυτό μετά το HD Trailer!!! Όποιος δε το χει δει ακόμα απλά ΝΑ ΤΡΕΞΕΙ ΝΑ ΤΟ ΔΕΙ ΤΩΡΑΑΑ!!!!

PDS
11-07-2007, 19:47
Μα ηδη το εχουν βγαλει χειροτερο απο αλλα fps σε γραφικα.
Δηλαδη τι περιμεναν μερικοι,πραγματικα δεν μπορω να το καταλαβω...:notsay:

Proevofan
11-07-2007, 19:48
tpt apla psaxnontai re su...se opoion den aresei de to paizei ti na kanoume tora..de prospathoume emeis na peisoume kanena...

NonBorn
11-07-2007, 19:51
2 βραβεία για σήμερα.... Το ps3forums.gr απονέμει τα πρώτα του βραβεια...:rofl::rofl:

Το πρώτο στη Sony και GG για το καταπληκτικό video εισαγωγή στον κόσμο του Killzone 2 και του PS3.
Το δεύτερο στην ΕΚΠΛΗΚΤΙΚΗ sig του ProEvo. :1appl::1appl::1appl:

Proevofan
11-07-2007, 20:00
eyxaristo, eyxaristo....:bow:

SQP_GR
11-07-2007, 20:02
Killzone Developer - “You’ve Seen Nothing Yet”;"Killzone will Shock"

Caveman - contributor
Published: 48 minutes ago | News | E3 2007 | PlayStation 3
Info Report
Killzone developer talks on Neogaf and confirms that the trailer is pre-pre alpha.The game features highly atmospheric environments that respond accurately to weapon fire as players storm through the world of Helghan. The harsh climate and conditions of Helghan are also a factor, forcing players to adapt new tactics to survive.

"Don’t forget one thing: This game is PRE-pre-alpha! So, not PRE-Alpha, PRE-PRE! So, please don’t start some “Hey, can you see that texture poppin’ up! PLEASE, stop it, ok? There will be much more details,
kai einai i arxi akoma

Exoskeletor
12-07-2007, 01:50
- Don't forget one thing: This game is PRE-pre-alpha! So, not PRE-Alpha, PRE-PRE! So, please don't start some "Hey, can you see that texture poppin' up! PLEASE, stop it, ok? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
There will be much more details, effects and so on. Give us some time.

- Second: Half of the animations are still NOT in the game http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif so, it will look MUCH MUCH better in the final game. Yes, we said it: The animations are matching the target render. Maybe it looks even better in the final game.

- third: Is there already a video out? I get no info here, because the conference is killing us (with joy). http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif If so, enjoy it! If not, playstation storewill have it. You have to see it in HD to believe it.

Slay kapoia phgh gia ayta na ta balo sto insomnia.
Re pousth mou exasa ths sony to show mpouu xouu. pos htan? gia peite games.

Re guys ta grafika tou killzone eine ontos tromera alla to animations eine pou me afini apisteyta malaka. ta gamhse ola etsi

Slay gia pes alles conference pou prepei na doume

blizard
12-07-2007, 02:11
Σε forum το είπε ένας dev, εδώ link...
http://www.n4g.com/News-51071.aspx

NonBorn
12-07-2007, 02:13
http://www.ps3forums.gr/vb3/showthread.php?t=392

Killzone developer talks on Neogaf and confirms that the trailer is pre-pre alpha. αυτά που έγραψε ο Slay είναι από δηλώσεις dev στο neogaf...

NonBorn
12-07-2007, 02:25
Το extended trailer από την press conference...

Special thanx to PDS13 ;)

Slay
12-07-2007, 04:20
http://generationdreamteam.free.fr/afrika/killzone2/KillZone2compa.jpg

Mια συγκριση του target render me to real time footage, οι ανθρωποι ειναι απλα θεοι,
επισης για να τιμησουμε αυτη την παιχνιδαρα για λιγες μερες το forum αλλαζει logo, και την θεση του παιρνει το logo με θεμα το killzone που εφτιαξε ο Proevofan.

Proevofan
12-07-2007, 04:25
ti sigrish ayth thn ekana to meshmeri proxeira ego..oso to vlepo toso pio polu poronomai k skeftomai:

"an den einai aytos titlos gia na parei kapoios to PS3, tote poios einai?"

EDIT: den enoo oti ego ekana th parapano sigrish... :))) xaxa me to mati enoousa! :P

NonBorn
12-07-2007, 21:28
First Killzone 2 Hands-On + Εxpanded details

http://blog.newsweek.com/photos/levelup/images/original/Killzone-2-Helghast-soldier-leaping-into-battle.aspx

http://blog.newsweek.com/photos/levelup/images/original/Killzone-2-concept-art.aspx

After two years of intense skepticism (see our next post for a more thorough airing of the backstory), Tuesday night's first showings of Sony Computer Entertainment and Guerrilla Games' Killzone 2 to journalists have generally produced extremely positive reactions. But having cleared that first high hurdle, the next question everyone wants to know is: how does it play? We were fortunate enough to be the first to play Killzone outside of the folks at SCE and Guerrilla, so allow us to give you our hands-on impressions of Killzone 2's gameplay elements; our close-up look at the game's visuals, along with some exclusive first details on the title's design choices and story elements, will follow shortly.
Once our intruder landing vehicle hit the ground, it was time to go to work on what we were informed was the third level of Killzone 2. We immediately took refuge behind a berm, hit L1 to drop into a crouch, shouldered our standard-issue ISA assault rifle and started shooting at our Helghast opponents. Pushing in R3 on the right analog stick gave us the iron sight view through the assault rifle's scope--which, when we informed our Sony and Guerrilla hosts was the aspect of the demo which had most impressed us, gave them a bit of pause, followed by minor hilarity, until we explained ourselves further. It's not that there aren't several other impressive aspects of the game. It's just that the focus blur on the outside of the rifle scope, the scope's green tint and curved glass feel, and the green laser dot that indicates where your bursts of ammo should land--all combine for a wonderfully immersive view of the game that sucked us in both as spectators and active participants.

As we cautiously picked our way through the ground combat's opening moments, game director Mathijs de Jonge gave us the first official explanation of the game's cover system, which many of our observant peers picked up on during the Tuesday evening previews. You can always simply crouch behind obstacles, as you would in any other shooter, but Guerrilla has added something extra. When you hit L2 near cover, the game puts you into cover mode. Once you're in cover, you can use the left analog stick to pop up, lean left or lean right to take precise aim at your Helghan enemies. Alternatively, you can blindfire by simply pulling the trigger (R2) on your weapon. You're completely safe behind non-erodable cover as long as the enemy is on the same plane as you; if they've got the high ground, they can hit you if they have the right angle. We didn't ask Guerrilla directly whether the use of cover would be all-but-mandatory, as with Gears of War, or optional; regardless, it adds a tactical element to the game that fits seamlessly with the Killzone mythos. Overall, the cover mechanic works extremely well, without ever having to switch the gamer into a third-person view as does Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Vegas, and we won't be surprised when we see a number of Guerrilla's peers paying homage to borrowing stealing this idea after they get their hands on it.

We also appreciated Guerrilla's decision to go with a minimal amount of screen clutter. Right now, all you'll see onscreen is the aiming reticule and an ammo counter. Don't expect to see the ammo counter in the final product, however. Guerrilla wants to eliminate the HUD entirely by putting the ammo readout on the weapons themselves, as certain other games do with some of their weapons. (One thing we missed from the first Killzone was the visual countdown system that let you see how long your grenade had been "cooked" before you threw it--right now, hitting R1 just throws the grenades with a not-particularly-interesting animation--so we're crossing our fingers hoping that they'll bring the Killzone 1 grenades back.) The health system is similar to games like King Kong and Gears of War: you can take a few shots without any problem, but once you start taking a significant amount of damage, the screen shifts to a striking black and white filter, warning you to take cover. It's simple, it's distinctive, and it works.

The other moment worth highlighting from our hands-on time was our confrontation with the level's mini-boss, an armored Helghan heavy gunner who shares a passing resemblance--and an equally high intimidation factor--with the Big Daddy enemies in Irrational Games' BioShock. Like the mini-bosses of old, there's a trick to killing him, which is to shoot the energy pack on his back until it explodes. You can try to flank him while your AI-controlled squadmate Rico engages him from the front, or you can shoot his visor, which causes him to turn around, briefly exposing his energy pack to the rat-tat-tat of your assault rifle. We couldn't kill him to save our lives, but it was a pulse-quickening enough firefight that we gave it a good ten or so consecutive attempts before finally asking de Jonge to take care of him so that we could continue on with the demo. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get much further than that before our hands-on time came to an end.

If we have a single reservation right now, it's about the level of recoil that Guerrilla has implemented on the weapons. We know that Guerrilla has months to go before they have to bear down and properly tune the game; still, we found ourselves babying the aiming reticule in order to compensate for the amount of drift from each burst of fire. We know from the time that we've spent with the folks from Guerrilla in the past that they're interested in a sense of heightened realism when it comes to their weapons--that's why there aren't any laser guns or energy blades--and we're certainly willing to attribute this to our poor aim or easily panicked demeanor when confronted by waves of armed Helghast. But we suspect that Halo-weaned masses will want to be able to hold down their triggers just a wee bit longer before the reticule starts rising. Nevertheless, we were thoroughly impressed with our single-player hands-on time with Killzone, particularly the first-person cover mechanic, which we provides an excellent tactical option for more deliberate gamers like ourselves, who prefer to hang back rather than rush ahead. If the company continues to design enemy encounters around the optional use of cover, it bodes well for Killzone 2's future depth and replayability.

See our follow-up post about the game's visuals, design and story here.Περισσότερες λεπτομέριες...

Has any young franchise ever labored under so many freighted expectations? Long before Guerrilla Games' completed Killzone in 2004, back when word was slowly was starting to leak about a mysterious first-person shooter from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe named Kin, that same grapevine carried word that Sony was calling this shooter its "Halo killer." Sony credibly denied this, saying that the frenzy was being whipped up instead by gossipy game journalists, yet the damn-near-impossible-to-live-up-to label stuck, as much from the desires of shooter-bereft PlayStation 2 owners as from the derision of Halo fanatics. And while the end result had several compelling attributes--its riveting opening movie; its muted, blown out color palette; its painterly art direction; and its deliberate evocation of major wars and conflicts of the twentieth century within a futuristic setting--the first Killzone was ultimately much too ambitious for the PS2 to handle, resulting in one of the best mediocre games we've ever had fun playing.
Next, when Killzone 2's mind-blowing E3 2005 trailer turned out to be a computer-generated movie, the hearts of all but the stoutest of Sony fanboys hardened, with many predicting that Guerrilla would never be able to live up to its own hype. In the wake of that perceived betrayal, neither 2006's well-received PSP installment (Killzone: Liberation) nor an intriguingly promising but not-quite-there-yet technical demonstration of Killzone 2 multiplayer's physics system did much to sway journalists' opinion. But through it all, SCE and Guerrilla kept pushing for what they firmly believed they were capable of achieving. And when the "Killzone 2: Mission Accomplished" slide came up at the end of the 20-minute demo, followed by loud, sustained applause from the skeptical crowd of journalists, the gesture transformed itself from a "F--- you" to a statement of fact: for the moment, Guerrilla's promise had been realized.

When we arrived at SCE's Santa Monica studios for our world exclusive first hands-on session (see here for our report), we were escorted into a conference room to sit down with Guerrilla managing director Hermen Hulst, producer Steven ter Heide, and game director Mathijs de Jonge. We began with another playthrough of the level with de Jonge at the controls and ter Heide manning a keyboard plugged into the PS3 development kit, periodically slowing down or pausing the action so that we could discuss a particular detail.

First, Hulst wanted to show us not only that everything from the level's introductory cinematic to the actual ground combat was in-engine, but also to note the amount of detail in the level. So we paused the game with the intruder landing vehicle still airborne so that de Jonge could move the camera through the clouds and all the way down to the city square below--seamlessly. There were no tricks, the entire level was there, already loaded into memory so that we could eventually enjoy a seamless transition from the cinematic to live gameplay. As we zoomed back out to the clouds to resume the demo, we asked de Jonge about the three tower-like ships hovering above the cloud cover at the beginning of both the trailer and the demo. He informed us that those were the Vektan cruisers, from which the ISA is launching its invasion of Helghan. He added that the game itself will begin in media res, with the invasion of Helghan already in progress. The majority of the Helghan citizenry will have already fled their homes--a convenient explanation for the generally empty cityscapes many shooters generally feature, de Jonge acknowledged--but the game's opening will provide further details on that particular story element.

As he pointed out the game's Mohawk-sporting main character--stressing that there are more polygons in a single character model in Killzone 2 than in an entire level from Killzone 1--it finally clicked that we would no longer be playing as Jan Templar, the hero of both Killzone and Killzone: Liberation. The new lead's name is Sev, a veteran of the Legion, which are the ISA's equivalent of Special Forces. Only Rico returns from the first two games for a major role. Hakha is nowhere to be found, but Lugar will make a small appearance, while Evelyn from Liberation will serve as you point of contact on the cruiser. Gamers will periodically return to one of the cruisers between missions, which will serve as a hub of sorts.

When de Jonge hit the ground and began playing the game, Hulst said that they added the brief checkpoint-style pause at that point specifically for the demo so that journalists could see for themselves that the game is real. The final game will have a seamless transition from cinematics to combat. As de Jong continued to lay waste to the Helghast, Hulst and ter Heide explained the game's extensive post-processing system, which allows for a more subtle film grain effect than the one in the first game, along with blur and depth of field. What was most striking was when they turned the post-processing effects off: the level looked almost completely different, as if it were taking place in the mid-afternoon. It's clear that while Guerilla's painterly art style is still very much in effect, it's not just the PS3 that makes the planet of Helghan look different from that of Vecta; the designers have art directed them differently as well.

When ter Heide turned the post-processing effects back on, we finally understood the uneasy feeling that the level evoked within us; their careful real-time calibration of the game's light, shadow and color--"we replace the sunnier colors with darker, grittier colors," says ter Heide--combined with the art direction and level design to create the oppressive gloom that they wanted. "The planet is meant to be hostile," said de Jonge. "The desaturated colors suit it." We hope that SCE and Guerrilla eventually release some video footage showing the difference that their post-processing effects make, because you have to see it to believe it. And from what sources in the know tell us, it's a similar special sauce that has Activision and Infinity Ward's Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare looking similarly hot.

The cover system that we praised in our hands-on post was coded by the same programmer who handled the cover mechanics in the PSP game Killzone: Liberation, showing that the franchise's detour to handhelds provided some additional benefits. They switched to a third-person perspective (that's just a developer trick; the final game will be first-person only) so that we could see all of the cover animations, by way of explaining that the cover system was designed by first animating Sev from a third-person view, then tweaking the look of it from a first-person perspective. "We expected it to be complicated," said Hulst, "but our programmer took care of it pretty quickly."

One of the things that made us believe in Guerrilla's potential, even when it hadn't yet been fully realized, was the company's attention to detail. Looking up above, we see cables that look like power lines or telephone lines, swaying in the wind. (There's practically not a jagged line to be found on the power lines, or any other lines, for that matter; we're told it's because Killzone 2 is using the Cell's SPUs and the RSX graphics chip to achieve 4x full-screen anti-aliasing.) There's a glow decal that happens when bullets make contact; right now it's applied to all weapons, but they're planning to dial it back and only have it apply to certain weapons. Even the tracer fire seems specific to Killzone 2, as if it has a slight upward arc the further it gets from the muzzle. When you kill a Helghast, a red pool of blood not only forms to indicate that he's dead, but it also turns yellowish over time. The dramatic light and shadow in the previous screenshot of the Helghast vaulting over a rail, which has been the subject of much chatter online, comes from the game's multiple dynamic lights. There's even a complete Helghan alphabet, seen on signage throughout the level, which was created by the game's concept designers. And while we don't think it will replace Klingon anytime soon, it's still evidence of how much specificity the people at Guerrilla want to bring to the Killzone universe now that the console they're working on finally matches their ambition.

From the time that we've spent with the folks at Guerrilla following Tuesday night's media preview and yesterday's exclusive hands-on session, the impression that we've gotten is that they're proud of their achievement, while recognizing that they still have many miles to go. But what Guerrilla managing director Hulst, ter Heide and de Jonge seemed happiest about is the excitement that the extraordinarily positive reaction has created among the rest of the team back home. We're happy that they're happy, but we'll be even happier when they finish the game--so that we can judge the finished product for ourselves.Πηγή: http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/levelup/archive/2007/07/12/world-exclusive-first-killzone-2-hands-on.aspx

NonBorn
13-07-2007, 01:44
H συγκριση ανάμεσα σε 2005 και 2007 και σε video... Δείτε την οπωσδήποτε!
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13142

NonBorn
14-07-2007, 14:31
Για δείτε και αυτό... Δεν υπήρχε πουθενά αλλού...

Proevofan
15-07-2007, 20:40
moufaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

NonBorn
15-07-2007, 20:48
Eίδες? γι αυτό το 'βαλα... ε ε?? :bgrin2:

Για δείτε και αυτό:

http://xs117.xs.to/xs117/07286/4z1l1l5.gif

Κάνουν πουλάκια τα μάτια μου ή αλλάζει ο φωτισμός την ώρα που πλησιάζει τη φωτιά αυτός?

WolfRathmA
16-07-2007, 00:32
Πως γινεται ρε γαμοτο να εχουν κανει ΤΟΣΑ πολλα πραματα και η εκδοση ακομα να ειναι PRE PRE ALPHA!!!!!

Δηλαδη στην τελικη εκδοση θα παθουμε εγγεφαλικο με λιγα λογια :p
Ειδη το ενα μου εχει ερθει... LoL :D

NonBorn
16-07-2007, 14:48
Για δείτε και αυτά εδώ... Τελικά αυτά τα gifs έχουν πλάκα ;)

http://i12.tinypic.com/5yn4vgo.gif http://i18.tinypic.com/4lxxc15.gif http://i15.tinypic.com/4tr24j6.gif

NonBorn
16-07-2007, 23:28
Killzone 2 chars, cover system
Περισσότερες λεπτομέριες για το παιχνίδι

Guerrilla Games has revealed a few more details about Killzone 2 in light of the game's impressive unveiling at E3 last week.
Guerrilla, speaking to Newsweek's Level Up blog, revealed that what we saw was the third level of the campaign, as Vektan forces launched from cruisers orbiting Helghan descend to the planet's surface as part of an invasion. The player controls Sev, a veteran of the Legion (special forces), and fans of the first two Killzone games (on PS2 and PSP) will be interested to note that Rico Velsaquez returns for a major role, while Lugar and Evelyn also feature.
Control-wise, there was confirmation that the in-and-out shooting of our demo level was a specific cover system, similar in some senses to Gears of War's. When you approach a surface, you'll have the option of pressing L2 to lock up against it and then lean around using the left analogue stick to fire, while hitting R2 without accompanying analogue movement will blindfire.
Guerrilla also revealed that the key to the game's unique visual approach is an array of post-processing effects that calibrate the game's use of light, shadow and colour. We found it quite mesmerising, and Level Up's comparisons to Call of Duty 4's similar effect are well-founded.

Πηγή: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=79871

Edit: Και video που δείχνει το cover system...
http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/killzone-2-video-40131.html

blizard
17-07-2007, 03:12
Δηλαδη στην τελικη εκδοση θα παθουμε εγγεφαλικο με λιγα λογια :p
Ειδη το ενα μου εχει ερθει... LoL :D
Ίσως πρέπει να το προσέξουν αυτό στο παιχνίδι … οι πρώτες πίστες να είναι μέτριες ,για να μην έχουμε τίποτα απρόοπτα :)

ΥΓ
Δείτε το videaki που έχει o nonborn παραπάνω.... εγώ δεν το είχα προσέξει.

Proevofan
17-07-2007, 03:33
edo einai pou paei i frash..."ta logia einai perita!!!"

WolfRathmA
28-07-2007, 14:25
30 Killzone 2 Screengrabs from the E3 '07 HD trailer

Link (http://www.psu.com/Killzone-2--ss0--killzone-project-.php)

Παρα πολλες ωραιες εικονιτσες... χε χε :)

ps4
28-07-2007, 14:33
παντως εχω θα ηθελα ο χαρακτηρας να φαινεται σαν το Gow, και οχι μονο το οπλο.

τεσπα.......

Slay
28-07-2007, 20:40
Please Note: All of the images in this page were exported directly from the HD Quicktime movies located right here on Gametrailers.com, resized in Photoshop and compressed to JPG format for faster loading times. I tried to preserve the image quality as best as I can without giving you heavy file sizes.

All images are from actual Real-Time gameplay.

Written by: Ninja-Matic

Get to know your lighting

Lighting is the most important part of any graphical asset in a video game. Without proper lighting, even the most high definition textures and carefully modeled polygon characters/environments will simply look like crap. Lighting is what makes these beautifully designed games come to life.

There are just TWO types of lighting possible: direct and indirect. Each have their own sub-categories like soft, harsh, diffused, etc. But there are ONLY two! It's the mixture of these two which can provide a truly visceral experience.

Killzone 2 uses a multitude of lighting effects applied in real-time on a situation-by-situation basis. This is by far the most complex and impressive lighting engine created for a console video game. Everything you see in Killzone 2 is made possible by the lighting engine. If you turn it off, you will simply have a black screen - this is VERY important to remember. Most video games do not use this type of lighting because it's not only difficult to code - but uses an enormous amount of processing power.

The visibility in most games is attributed to only to the actual textures which are applied to objects in a game. Turn off the lighting in game X and you will still be able to see the room or area you're in. This is static and pre-canned environmental lighting. In Killzone 2, everything you see is affected by ambient and direct light sources. If there is no light source nearby... there is no light... you will not be able to see anything. The color of ANY level can be dynamically changed by the color of the lighting engine.

I've heard a LOT of complaints about "It's too GRAY!" from the E3 footage. Stupid people still exist! The level that was shown was under a looming thunderstorm... it's no wonder everything is drab and gray... because the SKY is drab and gray. This is how lighting affects the environment. Imagine a hot, sweltering day where the sun is beaming down on you hard: everything will be bright, possibly reddish or tan like a desert. That same scorching hot day can drastically change with the weather - thusly completely changing your environment and everything in it via AMBIENT lighting or Indirect lighting.

Examples

In no particular order:

Our first example of lighting is probably the most prominent in the game: Muzzle Flash. This occurs when firing any number of different weapons. This light is Direct with mixtures of soft, harsh, diffusion and color. The color will no doubt be affected by the type of weapon you are firing. Some may be orange-ish, some may be more fluorescent. Take a look at the picture below to see just how this uses direct/indirect lighting to not only change the Helghast in front of your gun, but the environment as well:

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/4638/muzzleflashsi4.jpg

Aside from the Muzzle Flash - you will notice yet ANOTHER detail associated with firing a weapon: Muzzle Flare! I believe this is a replacement for the typical LENS FLARE effect we see in many games. This is being used instead because... HEY! We don't run around with cameras in our faces when we're in battle (that's just how we roll)... so why should we get lens flare? Take note in the next picture the purple flare effect you see when firing your weapon:

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/3178/muzzleflareaw8.jpg

Impressed yet? Keep reading.

Next I'd like to show just how advanced and beautiful the Self-Shadowing is being done on players/enemies in Killzone 2. This uses a mixture of direct, soft and diffused lighting to help create shadows that are proper, SOFT (not jagged) and diffused. This is probably the most complex self-shadowing we have seen in a real-time game. Take special note that the characters do NOT use any Bump-Mapping for effect. All detail in clothing/armor are achieved through EXTREMELY high amounts of polygon detail: Note the subtleness of the diffusion being applied to both the lighting and shadows on this Mini-Boss and how it helps make his incredible detail simply "pop"!

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/7715/selfshadowingms2.jpg

Diffusion is one of the most impressive and realistic effects you can have applied in-game. This emulates exactly how real light would affect an object. Take a look at this example of diffusion: see how the muzzle flash is affecting the shattering box? The closer to the nozzle the wood fragments are - the brighter the light will be. Note how each individual piece of wood also affects the other fragments with indirect lighting - attributing to the stunning detail of proper soft shadowing!

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/8034/diffusionuc3.jpg

Here's another great example of diffusion being used in conjunction with ambient lighting and proper self and soft shadowing. Take note in Sev's brow, cheek, lips and ridge of his nose. This is how ambient lighting being refracted off of the clouds will affect players/environments in Killzone 2.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/9917/ambientts4.jpg

Direct lighting is lighting that is being cast on a player/object in the environment from a specific light source such as a street light, desk lamp, candle, fire, etc. Take a look at this next example of a Helghast trooper underneath a light - note the incredible level of detail in his clothing that begins to "pop" simply from a few wrinkles:

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/237/directjv7.jpg

This is probably my favorite example of how detailed and accurate the lighting engine in this game is. Someone (a hater) said in a post that the Helghast's masks aren't actually lit up - that they are simply textures - because such minute details don't need that much attention. Here's proof that this naysayer was DEAD wrong. Note how the goggles on this trooper's mask light up his SLEEVE and the shadowing that is being created on his face-mask and sleeve because of this light. ALSO take note of this incredibly small detail of INDIRECT LIGHTING: take a look at the front of the helmet... notice the ambient lighting coming from the sleeve of the trooper is affecting his helmet? Remember... his goggles are UNDERNEATH the brim of his helmet. Goggles shine on to sleeve - sleeve then reflects diffused lighting onto the helmet... IMPRESSIVE!

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/6940/helghasteyesoj8.jpg

Explosions: Need I say more? Note how the light coming from the explosion is even affecting the air-duct and pipes underneath running just up and to the left of that poor Helghast who got his ass BLOWN TO SMITHEREENZ!

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/3639/explosionsn2.jpg

Lightning - Zeus commands it... now the Helghast do, too! Notice how this flash of lightning drastically changes the overall color of the environment. The fluorescent color of the lightning is what attributes to this environmental change. It also affects you (well... you can see your gun) and the Helghast. The color of the lightning is directly attributed to the color of the surrounding clouds - the fluorescence of lightning helps remove the muting typically associated with soft lighting. Fluorescent lighting is often noted as "Harsh" lighting because it is unnatural. Also take note how the lightning makes certain details of the cement curb "pop" like small holes and imperfections.

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/1172/lightningtf4.jpg

Let's take one last look at all of the lighting elements combined into a single shot. Note the direct, indirect, soft, ambient, harsh, colored and diffused lighting along with proper self, soft, and diffused shadowing.

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/1668/transportlightningrp4.jpg

This is one impressive lighting engine to say the least. Remember, naysayers, this is Real-Time!

WolfRathmA
28-07-2007, 22:41
απλα το παιχνιδι τα σπαει!! θα ειναι κορυφη!!!

NonBorn
09-08-2007, 19:11
Δεν ήθελα να φέρω αυτό το topic στην επιφάνεια γιατί είναι σαν να αγγίζεις το untouchable... :p Κοιτάξτε τι βρήκα...

Killzone 2 Realism
http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_6930000/newsid_6933500/6933588.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm&asb=1&news=1

Δείτε το οπωσδήποτε το video και παρατηρείστε πως φαίνεται το παιχνίδι όταν δεν κάνει zoom στην οθόνη και βλέπεις από μακριά την τηλεόραση και τον τύπο να παίζει η να μας μιλάει... Είναι ΑΠΙΣΤΕΥΤΟ!!

NonBorn
11-08-2007, 05:23
ΑΥΤΗ ΕΙΝΑΙ Η ΔΥΝΑΜΗ ΤΟΥ PS3

Target Image

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/496/targetvm3.png

Χρησιμοποιώντας Post-Processing τεχνικές, motion blur κλπ κλπ
(π.χ. ΧΒ360 VERSION OF RENDERING)
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5667/otherpostprocessingre3.png

GG & Sony View - Deferred Rendering
(THIS IS DA ONE...PS3!!)
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2691/deferredcp5.png

Deferred Rendering,Texture Streaming και τα γυαλιά σε όλους από την GG....
Για όποιον θέλει περισσότερες ΤΕΧΝΙΚΕΣ λεπτομέριες: http://www.develop-conference.com/developconference/downloads/vwsection/Deferred%20Rendering%20in%20Killzone.pdf

NonBorn
11-08-2007, 14:43
BBC calls Killzone 2 'most cinematic and immersive game ever'

The British Broadcasting Company was quick to praise Sony's upcoming Killzone 2 for PS3 in a recent preview despite its being an incomplete game.

"Sit down in front of a playable level and it is immediately clear that Killzone 2 will be one of the most cinematic and immersive games ever produced on a console," the publication reports (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6929484.stm). "The raw processing power of the PlayStation 3 has been harnessed to create a level of detail seen only in a handful of games on high-end PCs."

The reason, according to what Sony told the BBC, is that a single level can take upwards of six months to develop given the amount of level detail. "With such hyper-real detail it is easy to see why the game is not due for release until 2008," says the preview.
Not everything was praised, however, and the game could see its fair share of controversy given its intense violence says the BBC.

"The game mechanics of the level I saw are not particularly innovative - it is a classic run and shoot adventure, mixing different weapon types and simple tasks to good effect... [still] the high watermark for realism and immersion in video games could soon be lifted."

Πηγή: http://gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=128628

DarkUSS
13-08-2007, 04:26
ΝonBorn, ωραίο το pdf document που βρήκες. Βέβαια δεν καταλαβαίνω γρι από όσα λέει αλλά αυτό είναι άλλη ιστορία...:rofl:

NonBorn
17-08-2007, 15:42
http://www.gamesradar.com/gb//images/mb//GamesRadar/us/Games/K/Killzone%202/Bulk%20Viewers/PS3/2007-08-16/death%20machine--screenshot_large.jpg

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb//images/mb//GamesRadar/us/Games/K/Killzone%202/Bulk%20Viewers/PS3/2007-08-16/BIGGUN--screenshot_large.jpg

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb//images/mb//GamesRadar/us/Games/K/Killzone%202/Bulk%20Viewers/PS3/2007-08-16/rim--screenshot_large.jpg

"Killzone 2 - Updated impressions" από το Games Radar

Killzone 2 was almost everything we’d hoped for, and miles ahead of what we secretly feared - not bad, for a relatively tame third level.
In 30 minutes, Sony transformed the perception of PS3 from an overpriced extravagance populated by me-too Xbox 360 ports, to the most exciting, important console in the world.
That said, it’s the second time a Killzone 2 trailer has ruined E3 - this time for making almost every other game look so terrifyingly ordinary.
After one pre-rendered trailer, 135 developers, 40 million dollars, and a typhoon of internet abuse, Guerrilla has finally done it - they’ve proven to the world that Killzone on PlayStation 3 not only exists in playable form, but looks just as good as the “target footage” shown at E3 2005. At an exclusive unveiling in Los Angeles, we were treated to a live 30-minute demo of the game in action, with director Mathijs De Jonge and producer Steven Ter Heide playing a level in real-time, with a Sixaxis, on PS3.

The rest, as they say, is history. From the instantly gripping descent on the Vektan dropship - tinged with the fear that somehow this might still be all pre-rendered footage - to the frenzied landing and shiver-of-relief comprehension that, no, this is real, as bullets rain in with terrifying intensity; to the rifle’s jaw-dropping HDR and zoom effects, to the dazzling rain-lashed rooftop where we’re unnaturally thrilled at the sight of windswept wires: we were gripped in our seats, absolutely, honestly, astonished - and, well, more than a bit relieved. The E3 2005 trailer was a lie, but PS3’s power, and potential, is faith re-affirmingly real.

Highlights? Watch it. In fact, watch Gundam: Target in Sight first, then Killzone 2. Are they really running on the same machine? The demo begins in the realistic, intricately-rendered clouds high above Helghan, the home planet of the evil Helghast army. You and your squad, a troop of ISA Special Forces soldiers called The Legion, are flying towards the planet’s surface on the back of a Vektan cruiser. The scene is almost identical to the one shown in the 2005 trailer and it looks absolutely incredible. The soldiers are particularly impressive, with detailed clothing textures and expressive facial animations. You can actually see them psyche themselves up for the battle ahead and, according to the developers; a single character model has the same amount of polygons as a level in the first Killzone.

But of course, this being a war game, the peace doesn’t last. Suddenly one of the cruisers flying alongside you is struck by a lightning bolt and explodes, evaporating the soldiers on board. Your squad springs to life and the clouds below you part to reveal the Helghan capital city of Pyrrhus and its war-torn streets. It’s an imposing sprawl of burned-out buildings, storm clouds, explosions and smoke stretching endlessly into the distance. And while all of this is happening, your team primes their weapons and prepares to land. It’s like Saving Private Ryan meets Blade Runner.

When your cruiser hits terra firma the level begins proper. The transition is seamless and the game looks just as good from a first-person perspective as it does in the intro. The Legion charge into battle, running down a wide road scattered with debris, dodging gunfire from entrenched Helghast troops. A vehicle explodes and its driver spills out engulfed in flames and lightning bolts tear through the sky. It’s utterly chaotic, and the game’s 7.1 Surround Sound support makes it overwhelming not only for your eyes, but your ears as well.

It’s here that we begin to understand how Killzone 2 works. The player cautiously makes his way up the street, taking cover behind anything, slowly but surely making his way towards a commander up ahead to receive his orders. He safely makes it behind a barricade and “objective completed” flashes at the top of the screen, confirming that this is in-game, real-time, and with zero lull in intensity when you’re being given orders by lavishly animated comrades. You find the commander crouched over a map. He orders you to push ahead and take out an anti-aircraft gun called an “Arc Tower” that’s blasting ISA cruisers out of the air before they have a chance to land. It’s familiar first-person shooter fare, but the atmosphere and visuals make it a lot more interesting than another gloomy trudge through wartime Normandy.

You break cover and continue, only to be immediately confronted by a Helghast hopping over a wall. The animation is scarily realistic; with motion-captured movements so natural, you almost can’t believe he can be shot. But, as dazzling as it is, you have to ventilate the masked swine with your M-82 assault rifle. Zooming through the rifle’s emerald-tinged sights, the depth of field effects are amazing. Everything around the reticule blurs and it mimics the behavior of the human eyeball remarkably well. Fire the rifle and the muzzle flash lights up the walls around you, sending the Helghast tumbling backwards in a macabre dance of death, blood exploding from his chest. It’s some of the most vivid and intense FPS action we’ve ever seen. There are dozens of different Helghast types, ranging from the familiar black-helmeted variety to enormous heavy duty chaingun-toting guys whose hefty armor seems impossible to penetrate.

It’s instantly clear how different Killzone 2 is from most other first-person shooters. Not in terms of concept or gameplay, but in that it’s so robust and dynamic. Surfaces shatter and crumble when your bullets hit them, characters move realistically through the environment with weighty animations and the levels are densely packed with detail and spot effects like power lines wobbling in the wind. While a lot of the set-pieces in Resistance and Call of Duty 3 were amazing, it felt like more like you were a spectator rather than actually taking part. Killzone 2 changes all of this.

Guerrilla isn’t focusing entirely on flashy visuals - they’ve also released details about Killzone 2’s story. Not only will heavy weapons expert Rico Velasquez be returning, but special ops lady Lugar and Evelyn from Killzone: Liberation also show their faces. The plot focuses on the ISA taking the battle to the Helghast’s front door after weakening them in the first game. You could also hear Scolar Visari’s rousing speech from the first Killzone’s intro movie blaring through speakers on the streets. He’s the Helghast’s evil dictator and we’d be very surprised if he doesn’t return to cause us more bother in KZ2.

The beady-eyed Helghast are more inventive than the ISA could’ve anticipated. Somehow, they’ve managed to harness Helghan’s atmosphere and, amazingly, use it as a weapon against invaders. Those Arc Towers we mentioned earlier play a key role. They use them to - we think - pull storm clouds from the sky, absorb their power and use the collected lightning energy like a laser beam. At the end of the demo we watched the developers destroy one of the towers. First, they fought their way through lines of Helghast to reach it, again showcasing the fluid animation and muzzle flash effects. When they reach the Arc Tower they push a button to open hatches on its side. This exposes a glowing red core, which is fired upon resulting in the tower’s epic, fiery destruction. And then nothing. The demo ends.

Killzone 2 was almost everything we’d hoped for, and miles ahead of what we secretly feared - not bad, for a relatively tame third level. The primary emotion, relief, was soon replaced with a tingling delight that Sony had lived up to the standards of that E3 2005 trailer. In 30 minutes, Sony transformed the perception of PS3 from an overpriced extravagance populated by me-too Xbox 360 ports, to the most exciting, important console in the world. It doesn’t have any gimmicks - time travel, performance-enhancing drugs, or gravity guns. Its “novelty” is good looks, intensity, and how it single-handedly shames absolutely almost everything rival consoles had to offer. That said, it’s the second time a Killzone 2 trailer has ruined E3 - this time for making almost every other game look so terrifyingly ordinary.

WolfRathmA
17-08-2007, 16:12
Αρχιζουν και φτιαχνουν τα textures... αψογα... περιμενουμε περισσοτερα. Αλλα αργη πολυ το παιχνιδι...

konstantinos
17-08-2007, 22:49
Ας ελπισουμε να κλεισουν το στομα των 360fanboyz με αυτο το παιχνιδι.

SQP_GR
18-08-2007, 00:43
kala me auta ta fisics kai ta aimata na feugun ston aera tha exei trelo on line

NonBorn
18-08-2007, 17:34
Το Killzone 2 δε σταματά εκεί που το είδαμε στην E3 του 2007!!

E3 2007
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/HitParade/E3-TrailerUSKILLZONE-09.jpg

Tελευταία photo
http://i19.tinypic.com/4r0djqv.jpg

E3 2007
http://www.games.net/screens/110424/121728-25-2.jpg

Tελευταία photo
http://www.gamesradar.com/gb//images/mb//GamesRadar/us/Games/K/Killzone%202/Bulk%20Viewers/PS3/2007-08-16/BIGGUN--screenshot_large.jpg

E3 2007
http://www.games.net/screens/110424/121728-34-2.jpg

Tελευταία photo
http://www.gamesradar.com/gb//images/mb//GamesRadar/us/Games/K/Killzone%202/Bulk%20Viewers/PS3/2007-08-16/death%20machine--screenshot_large.jpg

Περιμένω τις γνώμες σας...

tasioskis
18-08-2007, 17:57
καλα μιλαμε για πολυ τελειο,το κακο με μενα ειναι οτι δεν μαρεσουν τα 1ου προσωπου.

ps4
20-08-2007, 02:54
εγω το περιμενω οσαν τρελλος..................................

φερτε το μας το ********** δεν μπορω δεν μπορω να περιμενω.......... (τραγουδιστα)

sickness_
20-08-2007, 03:19
αξιζαν τα λεφτα του Ps3 και με το παραπανω.
απιστευτο παιχνιδι

WolfRathmA
20-08-2007, 19:03
καλα μιλαμε για πολυ τελειο,το κακο με μενα ειναι οτι δεν μαρεσουν τα 1ου προσωπου.

Πιστευω να αλλαξεις γνωμη συντομα :bgrin2:

Οτι εχει παραγινει ομως με τα fps το τελευταιο καιρο ειναι αληθεια ομως... :fryingpan:

NonBorn
22-08-2007, 22:25
Νέες screenshots...

http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_184443.jpg
http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_184442.jpg
http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_184441.jpg
http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_184440.jpg
http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_184439.jpg
http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_184438.jpg

WolfRathmA
22-08-2007, 22:31
Φτιαχνουν τα textures η μου φενεται; Non; :p

NonBorn
22-08-2007, 22:43
Μη φτιάχνετε τίποτα.... Κάντε ένα compile τον κώδικα και στείλτε μου το.... Δε με νοιάζει το θέλω όπως είναι!!!

Proevofan
23-08-2007, 03:05
nai einai pansimfanes oti ftiaxnoun ta textures! kanei bam! ti na leme to game mamei k dernei einai makran oti kalhtero exo dei sth zoh mou...akoma k apo mgs...meta vazo to mgs...kanena den exo liosei ektos tou mgs2...milame to killzone tha to paro me kleista matia...i sony tha kanei treles polhseis me ayto to game!

DarkUSS
23-08-2007, 05:36
πάμε όλοι μαζί, το χω ανάγκη πολύ δεν κρατιέμαι...!!!

PDS
24-08-2007, 17:13
Hands-on, eyes-on and a Q&A combined for your geeking-out pleasure. (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/815/815430p1.html)
Hands-on, eyes-on and a Q&A combined for your geeking-out pleasure.

GC 2007: Killzone 2 BlowoutAugust 24, 2007 - The rocket launcher in Killzone 2 is pretty awesome. We had only had the Sixaxis controller in our hands for a few minutes when we ran across the behemoth and hoisted it onto our shoulder, but as we ducked down a dark alleyway and lightning crackled overhead, we couldn't wait to use the thing.

Killzone 2 doesn't happen on Vekta, the setting of the first console outing and Killzone: Liberation. Instead, you take the fight to the enemy's home world of Helghast. This puts your team at an immediate disadvantage. After living on the godforsaken rock for years, the Helghastians have grown accustom to living in survival suits and harnessing the constant lightning for their massive anti-aircraft cannon.

That cannon just shot down our friends -- troops from the Legion. Now, we have a rocket launcher and the flashes in the sky have illuminated some of the Helghastians shooting up our friends in the distance.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/815/815430/killzone-2-20070824054049168-000.jpg

It's time to take names.

We kick the rocket launcher into scope mode -- pretty much your traditional R3 fare with a green tint and enlarged reticule -- and point it at the pair of enemies pinning our reinforcements down. We pull the trigger, the launcher kicks back, and the rocket lurches out, hangs in the air for a split second and takes off to slam the villains into the afterlife.

We wish we could tell you we stopped and basked in the eerie smoke trail the rocket left on the screen, but suddenly a dozen pissed off Helghastians began shooting every weapon they had at us. This is war.

It's been a banner morning in Leipzig, Germany. Far from the show floor over run with German teens and a myriad of soccer videogames, sits Sony's private meeting rooms. In the last on one on the left, Guerrilla Games Director Mathijs De Jonge and Guerrilla Games Producer Steven Ter Heide are holding Killzone 2 court, and there's rarely an empty seat in the small space.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/815/815430/killzone-2-20070824054048574-000.jpg

At first glance, their presentation might not seem that. Each time a new group enters the space, Mathijs and Steven queue up the same Killzone 2 demo folks saw at E3 and stop when they beat the mini-boss packing that badass machine gun tethered to his back.

It's awesome stuff, but we've seen it before, right?

Not like this. With the standard presentation of the carrier going down, shooting from behind cover and basically blasting anything that gets in front of your sights finished, the pair restarts the demo and takes the intimate audience through a play-stop-explain format.

To begin with, they pause the game during its intro as the transport begins its bumpy descent. As Mathis mans the sticks, Steven takes the camera out of the action and down to the ground level. Once there, it becomes clear it's the same 3D environment players are about to blast through.

"There's no trickery going on," Steven says. "This allows us to have a seamless transition from the cutscene to the game."

Next, the duo lets Sev, Killzone 2's main character, get to that first firefight on the ground. Both sides start shooting, one of your men is set on fire, and things are starting to go to hell.

Steven pauses the game. Time to talk lighting.

With all the craziness that's going on in the typical Killzone 2 screen, Mathijs and Steven don't expect you to notice what's going on with the 500 different light sources around the level -- and that's a good thing. You're supposed to be caught up in the seamless experience. But with the game paused, Steven clicks off the cross-processing filters and harsh sunlight floods the once dark arena. Parts of Killzone 2 are extremely dark and hard to see in, and that's on purpose. Guerrilla is trying to change the feeling of environments through light or the lack thereof.

You don't need to look far to see the theory in action. On the outside, Sev ducks and shoots as lightning erupts overhead and casts creepy shadows on the ground and gives glimpses of the evil ahead. Inside, Sev stops at the entrance to a room, and a Helghastian hops over a railing in the distance -- the light source is coming from a bright room behind him and casts a sinister shadow on the empty wall. Later on, Sev runs into a foe in a pitch-dark room -- the bad guy's menacing eyes give him away -- and as Sev unloads his assault rifle into the man's chest, muzzle flashes illuminate the bullets piercing the foe and his pitiful flails.

When they restart the game, Mathijs walks us through Sev's new cover-based combat techniques. Now, players can approach cover and press one of the right shoulder buttons to latch onto the object. From here Sev can blindly fire by hitting the shoot button, pop out with a press of the joystick and break off the defensive maneuver with another button tap. The enemies and NPCs will use the same techniques, which brings up a good point -- the opposing forces aren't dumb in Killzone 2.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/815/815430/killzone-2-20070824054048011-000.jpg

If a Helghastians is pressed up against a concrete pillar or wooden crate and you've punched enough holes in the obstacle to make it useless, don't expect the bad guy to sit there and take it. These guys will react and move in tactical, group dynamics.

Don't think you can ignore your team, either. As a member of the Legion, you'll need help thinning out the hordes of bad guys on the prowl. When your commander -- Rico from the first Killzone -- goes down, you'll have a limited window of time to get over to him and use you medical pistol to pop a shot of health into the wounded soldier.

Getting shot is a big part of Killzone 2. In fact, it's with those grisly deaths in mind that Guerrilla developed its "Hit/Response System." Using a blend of motion capturing and physics, each type of enemy is going to have a different reaction when shot and that reaction will depend on what weapon is doing the shooting.

For instance, let's look at that mini-boss with the suped-up machine gun. This guy's name -- as of now -- is The Heavy. He's the biggest human you're going to see in the game and he's covered in armor. If you shoot him in the right arm with a machine gun from close up, he's only going to take a stutter step back to the right. Meanwhile, if you pull the same CQC move on a regular solider, he's going to get knocked back way further than our mini-boss, and that's a pretty extreme example. That regular ol' guard is going to react differently to shots depending on where they're coming from, where he's being shot and what type of weapon is being used. This isn't as simple as big guys don't move as much as little guys.

One of the cooler physics inclusions? You'll notice a handful of gas containers around the level. If you shoot these things, gas will begin spraying out of the bullet hole and push the container in that like a rocket. It's a valuable way to take out the enemy, but if you misfire or the enemy hits the tank first, expect that bad boy to come flying at you.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/815/815430/killzone-2-20070824044817646-000.jpg

After the detailed breakdown was over, Mathijs surrendered the controller to IGN. This game plays well. From the moment we picked it up and began using it's double analog control scheme, everything felt natural. We blew away some guards, hurled a few grenades and tried out the brand new jump function. Jumping was left out of the original game in an effort to keep it based in reality, but even here it's being grounded -- you can't fire while in the air and can oly leap over small obstacles.

So, yeah. We walked and ran through the levels, picked up weapons and basically had a ball. Our shots tore up tables, put holes in the wall and ran as smoothly as everyone's been expecting them to.

Once Mathijs and Steven opened up the floor to questions, the specs of Sony's golden game started to come into focus. Killzone 2 will run at a steady 30 fps in 720p. On the gameplay side, the duo said Sixaixis will be implemented in the game but weren't allowed to elaborate, and although the team couldn't talk about multiplayer, they said the medic gun would be in there for players to help each other and described the mode as a "considerable" component that would use Home and Killzone.com.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/815/815430/killzone-2-20070824044817161-000.jpg

For the final question of the meeting, someone asked how much of the Blu-Ray disc the game would use. Mathijs and Steven chuckled. The E3 level everyone had just seen clocks in at 2 GB.

Guerrilla expects to pretty much use the whole disc.

PDS
25-08-2007, 00:39

Nομιζω οτι γινεται εξαιρετικη δουλεια:notsay:

PDS
25-08-2007, 02:49
Killzone 2 'GC 07' gameplay

Slay
25-08-2007, 13:10
• 25min full length Video walk-through @ Gamespot!!!!!! (http://au.gamespot.com/video/928377/6177600/videoplayerpop?rgroup=leipzig07_videos)
• Direct Download link here - Right Click & Save (337MB MP4) (http://download2-east.gamespot.com/sd/e3k6tuwX3o8UHgsA5-jxQnT1a96WvNVW48Lcr5n4XfTawmqr6j1RMhzG-W36d9IJvJqm4xz6G06XCRZBT9V54AH9DPG0tqUg///d4/gsc/2007/08/169_killzone2_vf_ps31_082407_hr.mp4)

NonBorn
25-08-2007, 13:15
άρε παναγιώτη τι μας κάνεις τώρα...... !!!!

NonBorn
25-08-2007, 20:27
Ορίστε και σε videos περίπου τα 25 λεπτά από το GC...

WolfRathmA
26-08-2007, 11:44
http://www.n4g.com/M/8/Images//62000/62644.jpg

Και πολυ γαματη ετσι; :bgrin2:

DracuLa-
26-08-2007, 23:14
πω πω. έχουμε ξεφύγει!!

aetos
27-08-2007, 00:13
we wait and see

PDS
28-08-2007, 23:55
24214 24220

DarkUSS
29-08-2007, 05:38
Kαι τα δύο videos από το gametrailers είναι φανταστικά! Μπορεί να μην είναι direct feed παρόλα αυτά τα γραφικά είναι εντυπωσιακά.

Exoskeletor
29-08-2007, 10:00
Skoteine ontos orea htan alla to AI pou htan? :D Oi fotismoi eine ola ta lefta

PDS
29-08-2007, 13:05

gtakis
29-08-2007, 14:30
Καλο φαινεται αλλα προτιμω το cod 4 modern warfer παντως.

DarkUSS
29-08-2007, 14:32

Mην βιάζεσαι! Ακόμα δεν κυκλοφόρησε το παιχνίδι, έχει δρόμο μπροστά του.

Proevofan
29-08-2007, 15:01

xaxa exeis kati me to AI...einai noris akoma afta ta ftiaznoun thelo na pistevo argotera afou to game oloklirothei...pos na to testaroun an xanoun apo ta prota 5 lepta?

Exoskeletor
29-08-2007, 18:39
Ma nai k go den eipa pos etsi tha eine to teliko game. mexrh tora omos den exoun asxolithi mazh tou :D
Emena apo killzone 2, cod4 kai halo 3 mporo na po pos prota tha epeza halo 3 meta killzone 2 k meta cod4. Exo mia mania me thn epistimonikh fantasia. ayta ta polemika fps ta exo barethi. k prin apo ola ayta fisika tha epeza clive barker jericho :D

Proevofan
29-08-2007, 19:54
ego pali de boro th trelh fantasia...thelo na to niotho to game allios to variemai...px polemiko, podosfairo,tomb raider...ola ayta stirizonte sthn pragmatikothta kata kapoio tropo kt o zeis pio poly...de me trava i fantasia toso polu...oxi oti me xalaei apla leo ti protimo...ego pali vazo prota killzone, meta tpt allo...xaxa...den exo paiksei kanena apo ta 3... :P

TopGunZ
29-08-2007, 22:11
Εγώ πάλι έχω βαρεθεί τους εξωγήινους που κάνουν invasion στη γη, ήμαρτον πια.

DarkUSS
29-08-2007, 23:33
Oι Hellghast του Killzone δεν είναι εξωγήινοι πάντως. :p

SQP_GR
29-08-2007, 23:39
Sosta Kai Auto Tha Einai Ena Apo Ta Pola Sin Autu Tu Titku.tixeni Na Exw Video Club Kai Otan Eixa To Gears Sto Xbox Den To Nikiazane Giauton Ton Logo,fantastite To Call Of Duty Dulepse Tetraplasia Apo To Gears

WolfRathmA
30-08-2007, 00:46
Το Gears ομως δεν ειναι ενα κλασικο παιχνιδι με εξωγήινους... Πολυ ποιο καλυτερο δηλαδη...

Exoskeletor
30-08-2007, 02:21
to gears gia kapoio logo pote de me trelane. me ekneyrizan oi exthroi ektos apo merikous k itan ligo mikro. parolayta to termatisa

TopGunZ
30-08-2007, 02:32
Oι Hellghast του Killzone δεν είναι εξωγήινοι πάντως. :p

Για αυτό το λέω! Το GOW ήταν κορυφαίο (υπόγεια φυλή), το RFOM (ιός, ανθρώπινος ή αρχαίος, έστω και εξωγήινος) και φυσικά το HAZE είναι ΤΕΛΕΙΟ (πολυεθνικές και δεν συμμαζεύεται).

Απλά για το cod4... αν δεν είναι WW2 δεν είναι cod....

SQP_GR
02-09-2007, 10:51
Killzone 2 Demo Announced - before 2008?

Merc3nary - contributor
Published: 2 hours ago | News | PlayStation 3 | Dev News
Info Report
In an exclusive interview conducted by Gamereactor during the Games Convention event last week in Germany, Killzone 2 developer has confirmed that, a demo for Killzone 2 is on it’s way to the PSN store. popo tha pathume plaka ama vgalun demo

PDS
03-09-2007, 22:37
YouTube - STEAM MACHINE / Killzone 2 Gameplay

SQP_GR
04-09-2007, 00:21
popo ,etsi prepi na ftiaxnonte ta games,tetia games prepi na pezi o kosmos

PDS
07-09-2007, 12:22
Killzone 2: Exclusive Guerrilla Interview (http://games.kikizo.com/features/killzone2_iv_sep07_p1.asp)

Kikizo: One thing I wanted to clear up first - at one stage we were under the impression that Killzone 2 was going to be a PS2 sequel, and obviously this is now called Killzone 2. So was there at some stage, or is there still, some sort of PS2 project in development?

Heide: We have no PS2 title in development; we're working exclusively on PS3 now.

Kikizo: If you think back to the core criticisms of the original PS2 game, what would you highlight as things that you've really looked to improve this time?

Heide: AI is obviously key. Everyone needs to behave in a manner that challenges the player. We've made sure that enemies behave differently and recognise, 'OK, that's a guy running up to me, that's a guy playing with cover there', recognising that different behaviour. And we have to accommodate different players' talents; by working in a big system that allows you to play more tactically, we've got different kinds of weapons that all suit different playing styles, for instance we have a sub-machinegun which is a good short range weapon, so for anyone who likes to 'run and gun', that's a great weapon to have. But of course some players like to run into a big open space and hope that you'll make it out alive.

In terms of the gameplay mechanics that we've got in here, the enemies as well as the allies are taking cover, and using something we call lean and peek, which the player can do also. We've implemented something we call 'first person lean and peek...

Jonge: The 'duck and cover' system worked quite well in Killzone Liberation, and made the game more tactical, so we want to apply that same kind of feature to this game. What we've got here is if you stand close to low cover and press the left second shoulder button, then you will latch onto the cover; you can still look around and move sideways, but if you push forward, you can stand up and fire over the cover. You can also press the fire button to blind fire over the cover. And with high cover, you can move to the side, step out, and fire at enemies; it's a very simple mechanic but very intuitive and easy to use. So you'll be scanning the environment for objects that you can use for cover.

Heide: You probably also noticed that we're jumping over objects now! That's something that we didn't have in the original Killzone, but something that we have in Killzone 2, but we still wanted to keep it realistic, so it's not that you're hopping all over the place while you're firing your weapon. You can jump and not fire your weapon, and as soon as you land you can fire again. But that means that small obstacles are not a problem; you can get to areas that otherwise you might not have gotten. So, we've got lean and peek in place, which is very intuitive, and lots of weapons of different abilities. So I think there's new variety in terms of the AI and gameplay there compared to the original.

Steven Ter Heide & Mathijs De Jonge at Guerrilla Games

Kikizo: OK, it looks fantastic now, but let me ask, what was the actual game on PS3 like back in May 2005?

Heide: Er... well, we've all seen the trailer! That trailer portrayed the ambition we had for the game...

Kikizo: What was the 'actual' game like back at that time?

[Silence...]

Kikizo: In other words, how much progress has it made since then, let's phrase it that way.

Heide: It's made quite a lot of progress. Obviously we've released Killzone Liberation in the meantime, and when Liberation was finished we combined the entire team, and moved them onto this project. So I would say that especially in the last half a year, it's come a very, very long way. In the run up to E3, we saw a massive upscaling in terms of the quality and variety in the game.

Kikizo: I think it's clearly the best looking game on PS3 right now...

Heide: Thank you...

Kikizo: ...but to achieve it, you must have had a lot of special help and kind of special favours from Sony's hardware people, could you describe what advantages you've been given in order to get to this position?

Heide: Well, I think first and foremost I have to compliment our own tech team, because this is our proprietary engine, something that we've built on our own from scratch. And of course we're working with Sony's tech guys as well. We've got their Advanced Technology Group in London, and they're developing something called the Edge Toolset, which is providing some base level techniques that we need. So we're using Edge animation and Edge geometry for instance, those are two particular suites that we're using, to help accomplish some of these things; our animation system is driven by Edge and our geometry processing is partly handled by Edge as well. So those are the two big things that as part of the Sony family is very helpful.

Kikizo: In terms of that technical formula together, Edge with the stuff you have built in house from scratch, with it being this formidable, do you think that overall engine results could be used for titles elsewhere in the Sony group?

Heide: Absolutely. I mean the technology we're developing, as well as the technology that all the other first party developers are creating, we're sharing that. Obviously, each game has its own specific requirements; you can't compare the requirements of a first person shooter with that of a racing game, it's entirely different - if you go and see what the Gran Turismo team is doing it's completely different. But it's a different game so they have different requirements. So we're sharing all this information with the other teams, and they with us; there's these sessions throughout the year where some of the coders or some of the artists meet up, and we actually use the resources of other studios as well, for certain specific things, so there's a lot of sharing going on.

Kikizo: I have to say that for thirty frames per second this somehow moves more smoothly than expected. But would you like to have reached 1080p or sixty frames per second?

Heide: It's always a balancing act. We're running at 720p, thirty frames per second, and of course one of the issues with the original Killzone was framerate. We wanted to make sure that we always maintain our framerate this time and that is a balancing act, how much can you throw on screen. We've got a very, very powerful machine, with its SPUs it's taking care of physics, some of the AI processing, a lot of the rendering, so basically we can do a lot more than we could originally.

Kikizo: The detail is sort of relentless - even when we detach the camera and fly right into the distance and examine places that you only see in the background of the trailer cut scene. What is the technical strain here?

Heide: This particular level is about two gigabytes of data that we're chewing through, so we're very happy to be able to have Blu ray to have levels of this kind of detail - not just the environment and the level of detail in them, but also the characters are all very detailed. We can speed up or slow down the cut scene progress [in debug mode] in real time, which is quite useful for us as developers to see if animations are working correctly or collisions are working the way they should be, so we know that it's looking good.

We've got some Hollywood-grade special effects going on, a wind shimmer here and there, and full screen anti-aliasing so that it's a very smooth and crisp image. But some of the more special tricks that we're doing are with post processing. If I turn it off, you will see an entirely different image. This is one of the things that we're quite extensively working on is post processing filters, to really tie the overall image together. There's a lot of things going on - some very sophisticated lighting with sunlight for example that's nice and warm, but when we add the post processing back on we really add depth to that feeling that we want to create, and it allows us to create that mood and setting that we're looking for.

It also allows us to add things like depth grading, so that with distance we can add more contrast, we can create a distance and basically have the whole image very cinematic, and that is specifically the way we want it to be. And it's all dynamic, we can change it over time. Changes in weather, depending on the mood of the level, we can just fiddle with these variables and adjust that over the course of the game. Another thing we can also do with our engine is a thing called Deferred Rendering, which allows us to draw lots and lots of shadow-casting lights, and that again adds to the immersion and makes everything feel like part of the world because everything's casting shadow and behaving the way it should behave. Maybe in the light you can see some little moths flying around or whatever - it all adds to the world feeling alive and believable.

Kikizo: So are you aiming for realism or fantasy as a means of immersing the player? After all, this is a science fiction setting.

Heide: What we're going for is very much 'Hollywood realism', so it's very much exaggerated; bigger explosions, more dramatic deaths and things like that - a little bit over the top here and there, but it still has to feel believable and somewhat realistic.

Another thing is that we've gotten rid of most of the HUD elements. So things like the health bar, objectives, anything that you see in a lot of other games, we've got rid of most of that information. That's because again we want the player to be like, 'wow', and have a very cinematic experience, and really feel immersion with just the gun and the environment, basically. We do however give the player some visual clues as to, is he being hit, how is his health doing, and that's where post processing comes in, we can desaturate the image, add some contrast or add some blur, so the player knows he's being hit and has to get out of that place and find cover.

Kikizo: How would you describe the theme or trend of this story versus the story we got in Killzone 1?

Jonge: It's the same sort of style, but I think this time the big difference is that we don't have as many playable characters, we have one playable character, and we follow his story really. And the story is also going to follow on from Killzone Liberation, which was the sequel to Killzone 1, but this is now the sequel to Liberation, so some of the elements from Liberation will continue and be brought into this story, but it's a big universe, so there's a big story.

Heide: We're also now taking the fight to Helghan, the Helghast home world. So where the original Killzone and Killzone Liberation took place on Vekta, this is now an even more hostile environment in Helghan. It's one of the reasons that the Helghast have adapted themselves with these goggles and breathing masks, they're basically part of this large-scale invasion of their home world.

Kikizo: If it's such a hostile environment that the Helghast have to wear masks on their OWN PLANET, why aren't the human forces required to wear a mask?!

Heide: That's something that will be revealed when we step more into the story.

Kikizo: What's the deal with the main character and how does he work with Rico in terms of the AI?

Heide: The new player character is called Sev, he's part of the The Legion, which is a Special Forces group. The Navy is leading most of the invasion but get stuck and they call in The Legion to help them out which is exactly what you see at the start of this level. The ships you've seen flying are the cruisers and you've also seen other ships that are intruders in landing craft. There are some familiar faces as well; Rico is the leader of this small group of special forces, and right now in this third mission, there's a convoy headed to Viscari's palace, to capture him, and that's being stalled because ground forces and incoming aircraft are being taken out with cannons and a lighting weapon that the Helghast have developed. The Helghast have managed to convert the planet's powers into weapons and they'll be using those against you.

With Rico, if Rico gets shot, we have a revive system, much like in Killzone Liberation, you run up to your buddy, press the X button and help him back up - there's a time limit in which you have to do that, if you're not quick enough and he dies, you fail the mission. We already applied a lot more tactics and awareness of the environment in Killzone Liberation, but with Killzone 2 we had to take a couple of steps further, because the environment is destructible and cover is destructible, so the enemy has to know whether you're behind cover, whether they can fire through it, whether their cover is destructible, all these physical objects, so they have to navigate a very complex world, and that required that we really worked at the AI so that things behave appropriately to the environment. All in all, the AI has had a major overhaul from the original Killzone.

Kikizo: The animation looks particularly good, how is that achieved?

Heide: It's particularly important for us to have animations that are believable, something in particular that we picked up from the original Killzone and realised that this is what we could do with next-gen. It's never going to feel the same again! And most important to this game is the cinematic style, before we 'aimed' for a very cinematic style and a lot of intensity, but with PS3 we can bring our ambition to life. Animation is key to the experience; when you're making a shooter, shooting has to be fun, and it has to be rewarding. And what we're doing there is we're making sure that as you fire, every bullet has an impact, that you actually feel what you're doing influences the world. So not only that your environment is destructible, but also the bullets that you put into an enemy will make them react in a realistic manner.

We've developed a hit response system which allows us to have lots of different responses on an enemy, and depending on where you hit him, we can blend motion captured animations with real physics data. So we'll have a flinging right arm motion captured, if you hit him in the right arm - but based on the weapon that you hit him with, the strength, the angle, it will create a slightly different animation to make sure that it's correct from a physics perspective. That's one of the things that we found is very important, to make sure that this behaves exactly the way it should, and with motion capture this is very realistic but now it's very dramatic and it adds a lot to the satisfaction of downing a Helghast.

Kikizo: How difficult was it to achieve the results you have with this animation system that combines both motion capture and actual physics?

What we've done is created something called blending, and our animation blender is powering all of that. So we have a big system for the entire character basically - the entire model - all of his joints and all of the impacts that are there have animations associated with them, and then to combine that with physics impulses is really where the trick comes in, and we have to smoothly transition from one animation into physics based - if they are on an elevated area, they may slide down, because at some point it has to transform into ragdoll [physics], and if you shoot at some poor guy who's already dead, you'll see him moving on the floor, that's because it's a ragdoll, so at some point we switch from mo-cap to physics, and we're able to sort of have a slider to say how much of each we need in that process, and that's all driven by the game engine.

The thing that we did with the Heavy - one of the mini bosses we have in the game, because bosses is also something we carried over from Liberation - is again using the hit response system to add to the gameplay, his vulnerable spot is at his back because he's a big guy and fully armoured at the front, which means you have to flank him to get to his back, or use the hit response system by shooting at his head; that disorients him, turns him around, and you can fire at his back. He's got a big gun that is very deadly and if he can't get to you because you're behind cover, he can shoot a grenade, you'll see a smoke trail coming at you and you'll hear the beeping sound of the grenade, and you know you'll have to run at that point. So different animations are triggered for different types of enemies too.

Kikizo: One of the freshest aspects of FPS games in the last few years has been puzzle-based elements that are grounded in the game's physics like we see with Half-Life 2, do you have anything like that in Killzone 2?

Well I think in a shooter the core gameplay is shooting, which has to be really good. And of course one of the other things you have to do is leverage from other systems; if you look at things like Home, where trophies are going to play a big part, you of course have to look at how you're going to implement that into your gameplay. [Achievements on Xbox Live = Trophies in Home?!]. So we are looking at different kinds of systems to support. But for physics based puzzles, well you can use physics to your advantage, which is not so much a physics based puzzle as with Half-Life but it's going to be different.

Kikizo: You told us that weather, in general, is going to play a big part in the game, not just lightning - what kind of other weather effects will be significant?

Heide: Yes. In this level, lightning is very important... in other levels, other weather elements will happen! We can't talk about it yet. The one environment you've seen is an urban environment, but there will of course be different environments, and the added benefit of these post processing filters is that you can do some nice visual tricks to ensure that it really feels different, rather than as one same environment. But weather is going to play a bigger part in Killzone 2, because it's part of the Helghan atmosphere, and we're paying particular attention to lightning in this level, that's powering not only a weapon, but it's impacting everywhere and it has to behave realistically; even though it's on a different planet, in a sort of sci-fi setting, we still want to keep the world believable. So there are no laser beams and things like that, but known elements like lightning, and making sure that it all behaves realistically is quite a job, because we wanted to make sure if lightning strikes metal that it sparks, and that it hits other metal as well and jumps to different things, and that's all rendered in 3D and randomised, as lightning should be.

Kikizo: So do you have to escape the lightning so the invasion can begin?

Heide: That's the idea.

Kikizo: And finally, will you be supporting Sixaxis?

Heide: We will be supporting Sixaxis, but we'll be saving the specifics for a later date.

Kikizo: Thanks you for your time today guys - I can't wait to see more of this.

http://games.kikizo.com/media/killzone2_interview_sep07/01.jpg
http://games.kikizo.com/media/killzone2_interview_sep07/02.jpg

konstantinos
07-09-2007, 22:43
η πρωτη εικονα εχει τρελα γραφικα αν ειναι ετσι κ το παιχνιδι κ δεν εχει προβληματα τοτε μιλαμε για το απολυτο Fps το οποιο θα δωσει τις βασεις για τα επομενα μελλοντικα παιχνιδια που θα ειναι στο ειδος του.

Sasori
07-09-2007, 22:57
Η δεύτερη όμως φαίνεται ΚΑΤΩ του μετρίου. Ας μη βιαζόμαστε να βγάλουμε συμπεράσματα περί "απόλυτου" fps. Το παιχνίδι πρέπει να προσφέρει κι άλλα πράγματα πέρα από τα γραφικά για να αξίζει τέτοιους χαρακτηρισμούς, πράγματα τα οποία δεν είδαμε ακόμη. Ας μην αφήνουμε το hype να μας κάνει πλύση εγκεφάλου...

WolfRathmA
07-09-2007, 23:27
οπως τα λες. το παιχνιδι μπορει να δειχνει πολλα με τα γραφικα του. αυτο που εχουμε ειναι να περιμενουμε να δουμε τελικα τι θα γινει. το παιχνιδι εχει πολυ δρομο μπροστα του παντως...

modecris
08-09-2007, 20:09
Confirmed: Killzone 2 supporting SIXAXIS, 720p 30fps, Sony's guys helping well

Kikizo: And finally, will you be supporting Sixaxis?

Heide: We will be supporting Sixaxis, but we'll be saving the specifics for a later date.

Kikizo: ...but to achieve it, you must have had a lot of special help and kind of special favours from Sony's hardware people, could you describe what advantages you've been given in order to get to this position?

Heide: Well, I think first and foremost I have to compliment our own tech team, because this is our proprietary engine, something that we've built on our own from scratch. And of course we're working with Sony's tech guys as well. We've got their Advanced Technology Group in London, and they're developing something called the Edge Toolset, which is providing some base level techniques that we need. So we're using Edge animation and Edge geometry for instance, those are two particular suites that we're using, to help accomplish some of these things; our animation system is driven by Edge and our geometry processing is partly handled by Edge as well. So those are the two big things that as part of the Sony family is very helpful.

Kikizo: I have to say that for thirty frames per second this somehow moves more smoothly than expected. But would you like to have reached 1080p or sixty frames per second?

Heide: It's always a balancing act. We're running at 720p, thirty frames per second, and of course one of the issues with the original Killzone was framerate. We wanted to make sure that we always maintain our framerate this time and that is a balancing act, how much can you throw on screen. We've got a very, very powerful machine, with its SPUs it's taking care of physics, some of the AI processing, a lot of the rendering, so basically we can do a lot more than we could originally.maxconsole (http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=20573)

SQP_GR
17-09-2007, 23:35
The Norwegian game site Spillmagasinet have posted two exclusive videos showing some more gameplay as well as some info about the game's graphic engine.

Click here for Video 1 (http://www.nettavisen.no/spillmagasinet/article1331736.ece)

Click here for Video 2 (http://www.nettavisen.no/spillmagasinet/article1333749.ece)

NonBorn
01-10-2007, 22:32
Killzone 2 - World exclusive playthrough of the third level

So the Playstation Official Magazine - UK were granted a world exclusive and flew to Amsterdam to meet the makers and play the super-shooter for the very first time. Below are links to the scans I have created (well photos actually) of the review.

Believe me, even if you only have a tiny amount of interest in this game you seriously need to check this review out!

http://argent.srv2.com/~ourspace/pickup/ps3forums/kz2_pg1.jpg (http://argent.srv2.com/%7Eourspace/pickup/ps3forums/kz2_pg1.jpg) (610K)
http://argent.srv2.com/~ourspace/pickup/ps3forums/kz2_pg2.jpg (http://argent.srv2.com/%7Eourspace/pickup/ps3forums/kz2_pg2.jpg) (480K)
http://argent.srv2.com/~ourspace/pickup/ps3forums/kz2_pg3.jpg (http://argent.srv2.com/%7Eourspace/pickup/ps3forums/kz2_pg3.jpg) (507K)
http://argent.srv2.com/~ourspace/pickup/ps3forums/kz2_pg4.jpg (http://argent.srv2.com/%7Eourspace/pickup/ps3forums/kz2_pg4.jpg) (522K)
http://argent.srv2.com/~ourspace/pickup/ps3forums/kz2_pg5.jpg (http://argent.srv2.com/%7Eourspace/pickup/ps3forums/kz2_pg5.jpg) (621K)
http://argent.srv2.com/~ourspace/pickup/ps3forums/kz2_pg6.jpg (http://argent.srv2.com/%7Eourspace/pickup/ps3forums/kz2_pg6.jpg) (647K)

The de-saturated colour palette, and the fact that Helghan is such an inhospitable hole, should mean that the game looks drab. The fact it doesn't is down to an array of visual tricks, the most important of which is deferred rendering, which involves blending the effect of light sources on an object..*snip*...it makes the city look incredibly dynamic with light and shadow changing constantly as a result of muzzle flashes, burning wreckage and jags of lighting
The next firefight proves more problematic. The Helghast are dug in behind cover in the building opposite, with a thin gantry separating our positions. A direct assault ends predictably
When I finally put the pad down it's with relief, excitement...and caution. What's currently most impressive about Killzone 2 is the technology, which is genuinely a notch ahead of anything being done on consoles right now.
Πηγή: http://www.ps3forums.com/showpost.php?p=2011467&postcount=1

NonBorn
15-10-2007, 13:22
Official Playstation Magazine: Killzone 2 is ahead of anything on consoles

The Official Playstation Magazine (http://www.pspsps.tv/2007/10/%3Cbr%20/%3Ehttp://www.futurenet.co.uk/futureonline/) in the UK had the pleasure of recently jetting off to Amsterdam to get a world exclusive hands on with the hotly anticipated Killzone 2 (http://www.pspsps.tv/2007/10/%3Cbr%20/%3Ehttp://www.pspsps.tv/2007/09/bbc_uses_killzone_2_footage_to.html). Obviously as one might expect, after some time with the creators and the game itself, the OPM writers were left amazed and remarking that Killzone 2 is a 'notch ahead' of anything else being done on consoles at the moment, which is ultimately a very good thing for PS3 owners.

OPM go on to discuss the visual impact of Killzone 2 saying that even with a inhospitable and colour drained setting the graphical trickery the PS3 is capable of lets the game shine and come alive with incredible detail and dynamic lighting.
The de-saturated colour palette, and the fact that Helghan is such an inhospitable hole, should mean that the game looks drab. The fact it doesn't is down to an array of visual tricks, the most important of which is deferred rendering, which involves blending the effect of light sources on an object... it makes the city look incredibly dynamic with light and shadow changing constantly as a result of muzzle flashes, burning wreckage and jags of lighting.
The next firefight proves more problematic. The Helghast are dug in behind cover in the building opposite, with a thin gantry separating our positions. A direct assault ends predictably.
When I finally put the pad down it's with relief, excitement...and caution. What's currently most impressive about Killzone 2 is the technology, which is genuinely a notch ahead of anything being done on consoles right now.So basically if the gameplay shapes up as nicely as the technology driving it then all PS3 owners will should be very happy with Killzone 2 and until our invitation to Amsterdam comes through we will just have to take OPM's word for it!

Πηγή: http://www.pspsps.tv/2007/10/official_playstation_magazine_1.html

NonBorn
16-10-2007, 14:37
Killzone 2 producer talks environment hazards, new gameplay

The world is more complex with lots of physics objects and destructible environments, which means the AI has to navigate and be aware of all of that.

We are making sure that the AI is ultra challenging, and each character has unique and recognizable behaviors, allowing the player to judge the situation and decide how to deal with them.
We've created our own proprietary technology to drive the game, and this is using many of PS3's specific strengths.Large quantities of data can be streamed because we have a great deal of storage capacity. This allows for the level of detail you can see in the game.
It is not a luxury to have Blu-ray, but rather a necessity, as compression only gets you so far. I mean, the level that we showed at E3 and Leipzig topped out around 2GB! Also having the CELL and SPUs means we can offload all of our physics processing to an SPU, or process AI using the SPU's. All this processing power just means we can add more detail and create that Hollywood-type realism we're after.Ολόκληρη η συνέντευξη εδώ: http://gamepro.com/sony/ps3/games/features/140768.shtml

gepe13
16-10-2007, 15:12
Όποιος κάνει post από κάτω ας κάνει ένα κόπο να πετάξει το σαγόνι μου επάνω ...

NonBorn
18-10-2007, 20:30
Όποιος κάνει post από κάτω ας κάνει ένα κόπο να πετάξει το σαγόνι μου επάνω ...

Σε μένα κλήρωσε... :p

Νέα για το online του Killzone 2

You've probably just about recovered from how shockingly fantastic Killzone 2 looks now. You know all about the unparalleled facial animations that give even Half-Life 2's mo-capped emoting a run for its money, and we've told you good and proper about the scintillating gunplay. Yes, to say Killzone 2 looks promising is a bit like saying beer is nice, that lying down is easy, or that a Pete Doherty remark is the obvious choice in these sorts of analogies.

But what of the multiplayer? With Killzone 2 spearheading the next wave
of PS3 titles, it'd be safe to assume that it'll be taking that assault online too. Resistance has proved a hit with PS3 owners so far, and Warhawk will surely storm PS3's servers. Yet so far Killzone 2's developer, Guerrilla, has kept schtum about what online options we can expect to see. A couple of very vague hints have been dropped, and PSW has seized upon them like a pack of hungry papps on a bleary-eyed Pete Doherty.

Let's work together
First up, we can definitely expect at least a two-player Co-op mode. Take Halo 3. When rumours started spreading that its developer, Bungie, was considering dropping the Co-op mode, all hell broke loose among the fanboys and their furious responses in forums made Bungie change its mind. Plus, Guerrilla's boss has said, "We're not talking about Co-op - at the moment", so it's there all right. Co-op is coming.

As for multiplayer options, Home will be used, as will Killzone.com, so we imagine there'll be scope for advanced clan-based gameplay. You'll be able to meet up with comrades and opponents in the social areas of Home to check out the rankings, talk tactics and throw down challenges to your heart's content. Expect online leaderboads here too, and perhaps even user-created content too - anyone want to design their own custom camouflage or edit footage of their best assaults? Perhaps pen some particularly fearsome clan tattoos? Potentially, Killzone 2's online world will be your oyster.

Πηγή: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=173853

NonBorn
21-11-2007, 22:17
7 essential improvements for Killzone 2

The Official Playstation (http://n4g.com/ps3/News-86915.aspx) Magazine issue for December 2007 reveals the 7 secrecies of Killzone 2.
[list]
According to the developers, downloadable content will be developed after the release of the game (http://n4g.com/ps3/News-86915.aspx)
The environments are destructible (walls, columns, vehicles, etc.)
The "Hit Response System" will target the body parts of your opponents, for a devastating fire!
Killzone 2 will provide coverage system much more advanced than the first episode.
The reaction of the enemies will be scripted, however, they react to your position and your actions(decisions).
On the sound Side, the game will be entirely in 7.1!
The images of the game will be further processed through a software to give a more realistic look.

The game will be available in the year 2008.

Source: Playstation Magazine

Slay
29-11-2007, 13:43
Killzone 2 beta officially falls to 2008

ny US has said the planned Killzone 2 beta will not be out now until next year.

"We are hoping to do a beta but I don't think we'll have anything ready before this year is over... it is something we are working on for next year," a spokesperson told PSX Extreme.
Advertisement

Earlier this year developer Guerilla said it was definitely working on a public test to iron out the multiplayer part of its game, but gave no indication of when.

While the publisher has crushed a little bit of hope inside our hearts with its statement, we only ever really expected it around middle to late 2008 - when Killzone 2 is supposed to sit on shop shelves.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=88458

NonBorn
02-12-2007, 23:31
Killzone & Sentry Bots (http://www.killzoneunit.com/kz/?p=1096)

Being the resourceful ones at the art of war, the Helghast created Sentry Bots to help out in some of the dirty work during their attack on the planet Vekta. While these machines had a role to play in the invasion, they were an overall failure in the war effort. The Helghast seemed to have scrapped them as they were absent from the Liberation portion of the series. Below is the profile of the Sentry bot from the original Killzone.

Sentry Bots are automated weapon platforms. Lightly armored and equipped with two Light Machine guns, Sentry Bots are used to patrol key installations where their firepower and ability to hover supply a highly effective defense against enemies. It would seem that the Helghast didn’t completely give up on these bots. They have been remodeled and renamed for Killzone 2 as we can see in the Killzone 2 E3 05 trailer (http://www.killzoneunit.com/kz/?page_id=36), as well as the realtime Killzone 2 demo. Currently dubbed the A.T.A.C.(automated attack craft?), these bots have been revamped(see image below) to be faster and deadlier. The ISA have some rough times ahead. We’ll keep you updated on the ATACS, so be on the lookout.

http://www.killzoneunit.com/kz/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/sentrybotkz2.jpg

PDS
04-12-2007, 00:05
Kαποιες νεες εικονες απο IGN,μερικες απο αυτες νομιζω οτι δεν τις εχω ξαναδει.

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/imgs_1.html

klepidas
04-12-2007, 00:25
αν τισ βλέπαμε θα ήταν πιο καλα...το παιχνίδι τηα το παρω 100% ειναι απλα κορυφη

tasioskis
04-12-2007, 01:29
μονο και μονο αυτα που ακουω ισως το παρω και εγω,θα ειναι το πρωτο μου fps!!!!

klepidas
04-12-2007, 09:20
Και μένα το πρώτο μου θα είναι γιατι σκέφτομαι σοβαρά να μην πάρω ουτε Haze ουτε UT2007....Δεν ξέρω θα δείξει

gepe13
05-12-2007, 15:07
http://kotaku.com/gaming/gallery/killzone-2-screens-330086.php

νεες screenshots

NonBorn
18-12-2007, 20:00
Killzone 2 - Beta, Vehicles & Aliens Info?

Usually we take rumors lightly, but this one supposedly came from the Official PlayStation Magazine(UK?). A forum member at Killzone.com (http://www.killzone.com/) claims to have gotten his hands on the latest OPM- issue number 14 which contains some interesting snippets regarding Killzone 2.

• Killzone 2 also promises the inclusion of player-controlled vehicles
• Public beta test in mid `08
• We asked deJonge to tell us a secret, “As you know,they[Helghast] are not the only inhabitants.” He won’t be drawn on whether those ‘other’ alien inhabitants are friendly or not.
This isn’t from the North American OPM publication, as we’ve already gotten our hands on the latest issue. We want to know more and we’ll let you know if there’s any truth to this as soon as possible. Stay Tuned!

Πηγή: http://www.killzoneunit.com/kz/?p=1130

NonBorn
22-12-2007, 01:06
Καλά χριστούγεννα από τους GG! :D

http://www.n4g.com/M/8/Images//94000/94674_med.jpg

PDS
29-01-2008, 13:25
Καθυστέρηση για το Killzone 2; (http://www.gamelife.gr/cPages/news/1782/%CA%E1%E8%F5%F3%F4%DD%F1%E7%F3%E7-%E3%E9%E1-%F4%EF-Killzone-2;.htm)

Ακριβή η παραγωγή του επικού fps της Guerilla.

http://www.gamelife.gr/admin/news/images_large/killzone2new.jpg

Θα προλάβει το Killzone 2 το 2008; Φυσιολογικά η απάντηση θα έπρεπε να είναι ένα καταφατικό «ναι», καθώς το fps της Guerilla βρίσκεται υπό ανάπτυξη για πάνω από δύο χρόνια και αποτελεί μια από τις μεγαλύτερες παραγωγές της Sony. Οι τελευταίες φήμες πάντως - από τον/την αμφιβόλου αξιοπιστίας πληροφοριοδότη μεγάλων gaming forum, Surfergirl - θέλουν το παιχνίδι να προλαβαίνει πολύ δύσκολα τη φετινή χρονιά, με την πολυπληθή ομάδα σχεδιασμού να έχει συναντήσει ορισμένα προβλήματα και να αναζητά περισσότερο χρόνο για να ολοκληρώσει το project, ενώ το κόστος παραγωγής του παιχνιδιού κοντεύει να φτάσει τα εξήντα εκατομμύρια δολάρια. Αναμενόμενα δεν μπορούμε να βασιστούμε σε μια ανεπιβεβαίωτη φήμη - άλλωστε ο τίτλος φάνηκε σε εξαιρετική «φόρμα» στην τελευταία E3 -, αν και αξίζει να σημειωθεί πως και χωρίς το Killzone 2, το Playstation 3 πρόκειται να έχει μια ιδιαίτερα πολυάσχολη χρονιά από πλευράς software, ενώ ήδη διαθέτει και ένα πολύ ισχυρό fps για φέτος, το Resistance 2 της Insomniac.

SQP_GR
29-01-2008, 13:44
kai to gears itan sta 11 ekatomiri .fantastite ti ginete giro apo to ps3

NonBorn
03-02-2008, 01:28
Νομίζω δεν έχουν γίνει post κάπου...

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x179/dsl302g/vlcsnap-100341.png

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x179/dsl302g/vlcsnap-85820.png

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x179/dsl302g/vlcsnap-101414.png

Επίσης περιμένουμε πολύ σημαντικά νέα άμεσα για το killzone 2 και το online του...

I intend to spend some time with the fan-fic community just as soon as the new website comes out. We have some stuff going on there that will make you guys freak out.

Link (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=killzone2&message.id=22333#M22333)

Proevofan
03-02-2008, 04:15
to perivalon einai apisteyto! latreyo to poso skoteino einai...

tasioskis
03-02-2008, 12:13
freak out?????

και το ξαναλεω θα ειναι το πρωτο fps που θα αγορασω, μονο και μονο για αυτα που ακουγονται...τελικα ειναι αληθεια οτι η παραγωγη του εχει φτασει γυρω στα 60 εκ .

Valkyre
03-02-2008, 13:23
Θα ειναι σιγουρα το πιο ατμοσφαιρικο παιχνιδι που εχει βγει ποτε.Το αν θα ειναι τελικα οτι υποσχεται να ειναι , ειναι αλλο θεμα , αλλα τουλαχιστον στον τομεα του immerssion διαπρεψανε!

NonBorn
04-02-2008, 14:16
Δεν είναι κάτι καινούργιο αλλά όσοι δε το χουν δει πρέπει να το δουν οπωσδήποτε...

Killzone 2, 8 minutes gameplay

iraklis
04-02-2008, 14:34
τελικά πότε αναμένεται να κυκλοφορήσει.2008 ή 2009?

SQP_GR
04-02-2008, 14:51
An To Plesiosun Me Mia Kali Musiki Ependisi Kai Me Tin Atmosfera Pu Exei(den Exw Xanadi Tetia)tha Xeperasi Kai Halo Kai Malo Kai Asta Na Pane

tasioskis
04-02-2008, 14:53
An To Plesiosun Me Mia Kali Musiki Ependisi Kai Me Tin Atmosfera Pu Exei(den Exw Xanadi Tetia)tha Xeperasi Kai Halo Kai Malo Kai Asta Na Pane

και το mass effect θα συμπληρωσω εγω....

geogoku
29-02-2008, 09:41
Killzone dev stands up to fan criticism

Who says that videogame developers are supposed to be non-responsive robots? After all, they are only human, and whenever they pour all of their efforts into a project to only have some unknowledgeable gamer downplay it, it is inevitable they will take steps to defend their latest works.

That is exactly what happened to one unsuspecting fan of killzone. Over on the forums of the US official PlayStation website, fans were given the chance to learn as much as they can about the upcoming Killzone 2 title in an “Ask a Dev” thread.

While everything seemed to be progressing smoothly enough, a “heckler” stopped by and, instead of asking a question, the user decided to add steam to the situation by labeling Killzone 2 as a failure among other nasty comments. However, the dev team did not let that go without their final word, which is exactly what happened with this long but coherent comment:

“Honestly. I've started writing this reply three times, switching from angry flaming of the kind of mentality that draws people to wasting their lives making posts like the above, through into a factual listing of the many inaccuracies in your post (almost every word is, in fact, objectively incorrect). I've no idea what makes gamers turn so frigging nasty when Devs don't cater to their every whim and I'm not going to start guessing now - if you want to go be excited about Eight Days then be my guest. You're not commiting apostacy, nobody's going to want to tear you to pieces for it. You're really not going to hurt my feelings.

But really - how you can turn 'looks better than any other ps3 in development (even Killzone 2!)' into Killzone 2 being a failure beggars belief. Is there only allowed to be one good at once? When it is news that a game looks better than Killzone 2, I'd say that suggests that Killzone 2 looks pretty damn good.

The E3 2005 trailer was NOT false. One confused Sony rep claimed it was a movie from the game engine - one guy blizted out of his mind on fatigue, jetlag and the madness that is E3. One guy not at all affiliated with Guerrilla Games - probably with a head full of 30 different titles. Everyone else named the E3 2005 video for what it was - a target render of what we thought would be possible on the PS3. Something we would be aiming for.

Then, during E3 2007, in front of the majority of the gaming journalist press we released a trailer of Pre-Alpha code running and demonstrated a PLAYABLE Killzone 2 that stunned the industry. If you know me at all from watching me answer questions you know that I'm not prone to hyperbole in the slightest. The quotes coming from those sessions included 'jaw dropping', 'amazing', 'stunning' and 'a complete vindication'.

Notwithstanding that, you decide that the E3 2007 sessions failed - a completely reversed opinion from just about everyone who saw it running or played it. What you say 'everybody' knows is something that almost nobody believes.

The truth is that NOBODY is releasing the definitive game of the PS3 only 3 years into it's lifespan. And no sane person would even try to release 'the definitive game' - because who knows what will make the definitive game definitive? The only shame here are whatever feelings made you decide to come in and post things that even you must know are untrue, simply in an attempt to score points and / or upset people.”

The only thing that can be said is that the longer the wait for a game, the higher the expectations grow. So hopefully Killzone 2 will be the game that we are all expecting it to be and nothing less.

pictorino
29-02-2008, 11:28
τέτοια βλέπουμε κάθε τόσο και παλαβώνουμε!!!αλλά αυτή η αναμονή ρε παιδί μου..βέβαια αν είναι για καλό..κανένα πρόβλημα!!

Valkyre
29-02-2008, 14:21
Ο συγκεκριμενος dev εχει δικιο.Γραφω και στο συγκεκριμενο φορουμ εδω και καιρο και εχω μιλησει πολλες φορες με τον εν λογω developer (EON).Εγω γραφω ως Elwing εκει και παρακολουθω αυτο το Thread απο την αρχη.Εχει απαντησει σε πολλες ερωτησεις μου και πραγματικα , παρολο που ειναι περιορισμενος και δεν μπορει να απαντησει σε πολλα πραγματα , εχει δωσει σημαντικοτατες πληροφοριες για το παιχνιδι.Ειναι ευγενεστατος με χιουμορ , μεχρι τι στιγμη που ενα καθυστερημενο αποφασισε να trollarei.Αυτο εγινε βεβαια πριν απο 3 μερες περιπου...

Παντως αξιζει να ριξετε μια ματια στο thread θα παρετε πολλες πληροφοριες περι του παιχνιδιου και του development.

NonBorn
09-03-2008, 19:14
New Killzone 2 trailer to be shown at Play.com LIVE?

http://www.threespeech.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/playcom.1.jpg

Sony will be attending the Play.com Live! (http://www.play.com/campaign.aspx?campaign=4791&cid=6219706&source=5000&engine=adwords%2110248&keyword=play.com+live&match_type) event at Wembley Stadium on March 15 and 16. All that’s been confirmed to the public so far has been that they will be showing “GT5 and more”.

We got the low down from Sony and the confirmed title list (so far) is as follows:
PS3
GT5 Prologue - playable code
Everybody’s Golf: World Tour - playable code
Time Crisis - playable code
Echochrome - playable code
Killzone 2 - trailer
LittleBigPlanet - trailer
Play TV - trailer
Πηγή: http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=927

SQP_GR
09-03-2008, 19:16
ox pali tha pathume tarakulo

Valkyre
09-03-2008, 19:42
Ελπιζω να ειναι κατι καινουργιο , αν και το συγκεκριμενο event δεν νομιζω οτι ειναι τοσο σημαντικο ωστε να διαλεξει ΑΥΤΟ η Guerilla για να δειξει κατι καινουργιο.Ιδιως οταν εχουν τροσο καιρο να δειξουν κατι μου μοιαζει χαζο να διαλεξουν να το κανουν στο συγκεκριμενο event...

Valkyre
11-03-2008, 20:59
το λενε και στο psu.com για το τρειλερ... για να δουμε , περιμενω πως και πως!

pictorino
11-03-2008, 23:26
για να το δούμε και αυτό,αρκεί να μην συνοδευτεί με μια ανακοίνωση για περαιτέρω καθυστέρηση..

WolfRathmA
13-03-2008, 19:18
Killzone 2 Website Integrated into PSN Account ; Gearing Up for Public Beta ? (http://www.killzone.com/killzone/showSplash.jspa;jsessionid=1Yg7QIcedgBG6g0u3AF44w* *.cetclx125)

From Killzone 2 Website:

Killzone.com is currently undergoing important changes behind the scenes. We're joining forces with the PLAYSTATION®Network to offer you new and exciting functionality. To take full advantage of future upgrades to the website, and to preserve your current profile, please link your Killzone.com account to your PLAYSTATION®Network account. It's a simple one-time procedure:

If you DO have a PLAYSTATION®Network account:

1. Sign in to your Killzone.com account.
2. When the dialog box prompts you to link your accounts, click on "yes".
3. Sign in to your PLAYSTATION®Network account.

If you DON'T have a PLAYSTATION®Network account:

1. Sign in to your Killzone.com account.
2. When the dialog box prompts you to link your accounts, click on "sign up here" to open the sign-up form in a new window.
3. Follow the instructions to create a new PLAYSTATION®Network account.
4. Return to the previous window and click on "yes".
5. Sign in to your PLAYSTATION®Network account.

You're done! Click on "OK" to return to Killzone.com. If you accidentally clicked on "no" when you were prompted to link your accounts, or if the dialog box doesn't appear for you at all, please click here.

SQP_GR
13-03-2008, 20:18
Kala Krasia

Proevofan
14-03-2008, 03:56
to idio den elegan k gia to home apo xtes?

SQP_GR
16-03-2008, 18:39
SCREENSHOTS ADDED ON : Saturday March 15th, 2008
http://ps3.psu.com/media/killzone-project-/t_12090_killzone-project--ss-93.jpg (http://ps3.psu.com/screenshot.php?id=19369) http://ps3.psu.com/media/killzone-project-/t_12090_killzone-project--ss-94.jpg (http://ps3.psu.com/screenshot.php?id=19370) http://ps3.psu.com/media/killzone-project-/t_12090_killzone-project--ss-95.jpg (http://ps3.psu.com/screenshot.php?id=19371) http://ps3.psu.com/media/killzone-project-/t_12090_killzone-project--ss-96.jpg (http://ps3.psu.com/screenshot.php?id=19372) http://ps3.psu.com/media/killzone-project-/t_12090_killzone-project--ss-97.jpg (http://ps3.psu.com/screenshot.php?id=19373)
http://ps3.psu.com/media/killzone-project-/t_12090_killzone-project--ss-98.jpg (http://ps3.psu.com/screenshot.php?id=19374) http://ps3.psu.com/media/killzone-project-/t_12090_killzone-project--ss-99.jpg (http://ps3.psu.com/screenshot.php?id=19375) http://ps3.psu.com/media/killzone-project-/t_12090_killzone-project--ss-100.jpg (http://ps3.psu.com/screenshot.php?id=19376)

Slay
09-04-2008, 22:59
- To prove that the infamous E3 2005 footage of Killzone 2 (featuring the breatheless rocket launcher sequence as your squad barks orders in real-time) was real - or rather, possible on PS3 - Guerilla will be demoing a real-time version in April to a select audience...including, of course, PSM3.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=363750

WolfRathmA
10-04-2008, 03:17
- To prove that the infamous E3 2005 footage of Killzone 2 (featuring the breatheless rocket launcher sequence as your squad barks orders in real-time) was real - or rather, possible on PS3 - Guerilla will be demoing a real-time version in April to a select audience...including, of course, PSM3.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=363750

GOOD NEWS! :bgrin2:

Για να δουμε!!!

Proevofan
10-04-2008, 03:42
ayta einai!

jammin
10-04-2008, 08:32
ox pali tha pathume tarakulo
μην τα συζητας αδερφε. Ζητω το καψιμο

john
11-04-2008, 16:42
We are well known as a bunch of cheap tarts who think nothing of hitching their skirts at the first sign of a lovely graphical effect... And, let me tell you, this reputation is well-earned. With this in mind, I present to you a veritable visual orgy of skirt-lifting graphical joy. Ladies and gentlemen - Killzone 2 looks Awesome:
(psst - you might need to let them load!)
http://i10.tinypic.com/6c49k4y.gif
http://i14.tinypic.com/6f4svw5.gif
http://i12.tinypic.com/6c7aw51.gif
Don't forget, either, that the first trailer for Resistance 2 should be all over the web by early tomorrow morning UK time!:confused::confused:

http://frag-cast.blogspot.com/2008/04/killzone-2-gifs-of-ultimate-awesome.html

pictorino
11-04-2008, 18:32
πρέπει να είναι εκπληκτικό αυτό το παιχνιδάκι!!

obione
11-04-2008, 21:55
na doume pote tha mas deixoun kana demo....to perimenw pws kai pws auto to game..elpizw na exei kai tin analogi upostirixi apo tin elliniki eteria dianomis ..pws to killzone!!!px ell subtitles ktl..polla thelw e? lol

atomsk
12-04-2008, 11:05
πάντος δε μπορείτε να πείτε είμαστε τραγικοί ...έχουμε φτάσει σε σημείο να αναμένουμε με ανυπομονισία και άλλες φορές να ξενυχτάμε για να δούμε ένα τρειλεράκι τίτλου που έχει αμφίβολη ημερομηνία έκδοσης.

Αντί να λέμε τι παιχνίδια θα δείξουν στην E3 καθόμαστε και συζητάμε τι trailers θα παιχτούν ..και το κακό είναι ότι αυτό το φαινόμενο το διακρίνω μόνο στο user base του PS3, ε θα μου πείτε στις άλλες κονσόλες βγάζουν τίτλους με το καφάσι απο το να δημιουργούν διαρκώς hype με screenshots και βιντεάκια. Άαα ρε sony...

jammin
12-04-2008, 11:49
ε ε ερχεται

pictorino
12-04-2008, 23:31
πάντος δε μπορείτε να πείτε είμαστε τραγικοί ...έχουμε φτάσει σε σημείο να αναμένουμε με ανυπομονισία και άλλες φορές να ξενυχτάμε για να δούμε ένα τρειλεράκι τίτλου που έχει αμφίβολη ημερομηνία έκδοσης.

Αντί να λέμε τι παιχνίδια θα δείξουν στην E3 καθόμαστε και συζητάμε τι trailers θα παιχτούν ..και το κακό είναι ότι αυτό το φαινόμενο το διακρίνω μόνο στο user base του PS3, ε θα μου πείτε στις άλλες κονσόλες βγάζουν τίτλους με το καφάσι απο το να δημιουργούν διαρκώς hype με screenshots και βιντεάκια. Άαα ρε sony...

καθόλου άδικο δεν έχεις,τα πολύ καλά παιχνίδια σπανίζουν δυστυχώς και περισσότερο ασχολούμαστε με παιχνίδια που ΘΑ κυκλοφορήσουν.Ένας επιπλέον λόγος για τον οποίο θα γίνει πραγματικός χαμός με mgs4,gta4.

kostasb13
12-04-2008, 23:58
Ενταξει ας βγει φετος, Σεπτεμβριο Οκτωβριο οποτε να ναι και ας δουμε στην Ε3 μονο τρειλερ( το οποιο λογικα θα τσακιζει κοκκαλα). Το θεμα ειναι να μην παρει και αυτο αναβολη για το 2009 σαν τα FF13, GT5, RE5 κτλ

pictorino
13-04-2008, 00:02
Ενταξει ας βγει φετος, Σεπτεμβριο Οκτωβριο οποτε να ναι και ας δουμε στην Ε3 μονο τρειλερ( το οποιο λογικα θα τσακιζει κοκκαλα). Το θεμα ειναι να μην παρει και αυτο αναβολη για το 2009 σαν τα FF13, GT5, RE5 κτλ

ειδικά τα gt5,ff13 δεν έπρεπε να αναβληθούν!!!

geodlord7
13-04-2008, 00:23
Ρε παιδια τι εχει αυτο το παιχνιδι και το λετε τοσο καλο???Πραγματικα δεν ξερω.

pictorino
13-04-2008, 11:22
Ρε παιδια τι εχει αυτο το παιχνιδι και το λετε τοσο καλο???Πραγματικα δεν ξερω.

σε ποιο αναφέρεσαι;;

geodlord7
13-04-2008, 13:02
Για να ειμαστε στο thread του killzone μαλλον αναφερομαι στο Metal Gear solid:frog:

obione
13-04-2008, 15:17
Για να ειμαστε στο thread του killzone μαλλον αναφερομαι στο Metal Gear solid:frog:

den sou aresei to motorstorm den sou aresei to killzone..ma ti sou aresei??:)

mi mou peis kana viva pinata kai esy...tha trelathw!!!!:bgrin2:

geodlord7
13-04-2008, 15:21
Oχι ρε!!Πραγματικα δεν εχω ξαναπαιξει killzone και θελω να μου πειτε τι ειναι το τοσο διαφορετικο και θεωρειται παιχνιδαρα!!Ναι το motorstorm δεν μαρεσει:pΟτι αλλο θεωρειται παιχνιδαρα μαρεσει!Τι viva pinata!!

SQP_GR
13-04-2008, 15:42
pistaeyo oti esena tha su teriazi to afrika alla me provata xaxaxax plaka

geodlord7
13-04-2008, 15:47
Oταν επαιζα τα καλυτερα videogames εσυ επαιζες sims1 χαχαχαχαχαχα/ πλακα κανω.

obione
13-04-2008, 21:04
koitaxe to prwto game sto ps2 itan oti kaluteo exw dei se fps gia to ps2...polu mprwsta apo oti oti game upirxe...koryfea grafika polu kalo story...enallagi sto gameplay kai ktl ktl..itan kalo anyway..sto killzone 2 exei pesei polu xrhma kai hype...perimenw me agwnia...sigoura omws einai must buy titlos...

pictorino
15-04-2008, 13:08
το πρώτο λανσαρίστηκε ως halo-killer και το πλήρωσε καθώς ήταν μεν καλά αλλά οι καταναλωτές περίμεναν να δουν κάτι ανάλογο ή καλύτερο από το halo,έτσι ενώ ήταν πολύ καλό παιχνίδι ''θάφτηκε'' μόνο του.στο psp βγήκε το liberation το οποίο είναι πραγματικά διαμάντι αλλά είναι 3rd person.όσο για το killzone 2,μέχρι στιγμής όλα δείχνουν ότι θα είναι έπος.με βάση το hype,το χρόνο δημιουργίας του,τα χρήματα που έχουν επενδυθεί οτιδήποτε λιγότερο θα είναι απογοητευτικό και ίσως η αποτυχία του αιώνα

obione
15-04-2008, 13:38
den lansaristike ws halo killer re sy...episeis htan polu kalutero apo to hallo...kai se grafika kai se gameplay...kala se grafika den to sizito..apla oi katoxoi tou playstation pote den goustarane ta fps..eixan sunithisei ta resi...ta tomp raider kai game like pandemonium ktl
ennow oti pote den kanane tis anologes pwlhseis tetoiou eidous game,me tis pwlhseis pou ekane ena gt, dvmy cry ktl ktl...twra isws einai alliws to pragma..

PDS
15-04-2008, 14:42
Kαλα απο το halo δεν ηταν καλυτερο.Ας περιμενουμε να δουμε το killzone 2 που θα ειναι σιγουρα πολυ καλυτερο απο το πρωτο.

pictorino
15-04-2008, 20:38
den lansaristike ws halo killer re sy...episeis htan polu kalutero apo to hallo...kai se grafika kai se gameplay...kala se grafika den to sizito..apla oi katoxoi tou playstation pote den goustarane ta fps..eixan sunithisei ta resi...ta tomp raider kai game like pandemonium ktl
ennow oti pote den kanane tis anologes pwlhseis tetoiou eidous game,me tis pwlhseis pou ekane ena gt, dvmy cry ktl ktl...twra isws einai alliws to pragma..

θα διαφωνήσω!!η sony έψαχνε εναγωνίως έναν κράχτη απέναντι στο halo και ως halo killer λανσαρίστηκε κατά κόρον.αυτός ήταν ο λόγος που απέτυχε και όχι ότι δεν ήταν πολύ καλό

obione
15-04-2008, 20:55
sigoura exete paixei hallo?provlimatistika...to katalavenw na einai kalutero san story to hallo..alla san grafika??emena px..den mou arese katholou kai to hallo3

pictorino
15-04-2008, 22:03
sigoura exete paixei hallo?provlimatistika...to katalavenw na einai kalutero san story to hallo..alla san grafika??emena px..den mou arese katholou kai to hallo3

θα σου φέρω σαν παράδειγμα το god of war,δεν είναι έπος μόνο λόγω γραφικών

Exoskeletor
07-05-2008, 02:00
neo gameplay video http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_7077_en.html
trela grafika kai physicss.. entometaksi ginonte tosa polla pragmata taytoxrona,pos ta kataferan mpravo tous

Valkyre
07-05-2008, 02:05
Και το framerate ειναι αψογο.Εχουν κανει καταπλικτικη δουλεια.Ειναι φοβερα μα φοβερα ατμοσφαιρικο!

Πραγματικα αξιζει την ολη καθυστερηση.

Edit: Ρε παιδια το βλεπω και το ξαναβλεπω...αν ειναι δυνατον...δωστε λιγη προσοχη στο τι εχουν κανει...ειναι πραγματικα απιστευτη η δουλεια.Προκειται για παιχνιδι κονσολας...Δειτε το μια δευτερη φορα και προσεξτε τις λεπτομερειες.Νομιζω οτι ειναι το πρωτο παιχνιδι που εχει ατμοσφαιρα εφαμιλλη CGI.Προσοχη λεω "ατμοσφαιρα". (αν και η τεχνολογια που χρησιμοποιηται , θα μου επιτρεψουν οι λατρεις του PC να πω πως ειναι Κ Α Τ Α Π Λ Ι Κ Τ Ι Κ Η .Νομιζω να συμφωνειτε με αυτο.)

Μπορει το Crysis να ειχε μακραν πολυπλοκοτερα γραφικα , ομως του ελειπε η "ατμοσφαιρα" του πολεμου , του "βρισκομαι εδω μεσα στο χαος".Ειναι πραγματικα απιστευτο αυτο που εχουν κανει.

Exoskeletor
07-05-2008, 02:12
mazh ksenixtame? :D
entometaksi ta animations thimizisoun euphoria, pos to kataferan ayto? thelei apisteyth douleia. an k eime periergos se animation opws otan kapoios tha pidaei ena antikeimeno h tha ton xtipaei kamia xeirobombida an ton petixis ekeinh thn stigmh pou kinte tha antidrash? h apla eine mia super douleia me keyframe animations kai motion capture?

Valkyre
07-05-2008, 02:18
απο οτι εχουν δηλωσει στο παρελθον χρησιμοποιουν μια μιξη απο physics και προκαθορισμενα motion capture για το animation.Βεβαια με αυτο το καινουργιο βιντεο , απλα εχουν ξεφυγει και πραγματικα καθοριζουν τι σημαινει animation.

touristas
07-05-2008, 02:26
pantos to killzone 1 to eixa kataeuxaristithi sto ps2 kai ta grafika tou mou fenontan ta kalitera pou xo dei pote!fadasou ti exei na ginei m auto.tha ksexasoume kai to cod4 mou fainetai

WolfRathmA
07-05-2008, 02:37
Τι ειναι αυτο ρε παιδια; Εχω μεινει πραγματικα αφονος! Physicks ατμοσφαιρα ολα φενονται τελεια!!! Καταπληκτικο!!! Τρομερο γραφικο! Ολα τα λεφτα!

Exoskeletor
07-05-2008, 02:48
entometaksi eine pre alpha leei e :D

Valkyre
07-05-2008, 02:49
Kαι φαντασου οτι αυτο που βλεπουμε ειναι pre-alpha code (οπως λεει και στο πανω μερος του βιντεο)... με λιγα λογια η τελικη εκδοση θα ειναι κι αλλο βελτιωμενη...

imba

WolfRathmA
07-05-2008, 02:55
Δε τους πιστευω ψεματα λενε. Ετοιμο το εχουν! LoL...
Πιστευω το Killzone 2 θα κανει τρομερο αλμα μπροστα. Αν το gameplay ειναι καλο κιολας θα γινει φανταστικο! Και τα textures παρα πολυ βελτιομενα απο την προηγουμενη φορα.

modecris
07-05-2008, 03:27
Θα συμφωνήσω με τον Val πως η ατμόσφαιρα είναι καταπληκτική,όπως βέβαια και τα γραφικά.
Υπάρχουν όμως και άσχημα νέα:

SCEE revealed at the PlayStation Day in London that Killzone 2 will be released in Europe in February 2009.
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=27452Δυστυχώς αργεί πολύ ακόμα.
Άσχετο αλλά στο ίδιο link αναφέρει πως το Little Big Planet θα κυκλοφορήσει τον οκτώβριο.

DarkUSS
07-05-2008, 03:28
Απορώ γιατί σας φαίνεται παράξενο που δείχνει τόσο καλό. Μου φαίνεται ξεχνάτε με τι budget δουλεύει η Guerilla, με πόσα άτομα και πόσα χρόνια. Το περίεργο θα ήταν να δείχνει χάλια.:p

Valkyre
07-05-2008, 03:33
Θα συμφωνήσω με τον Val πως η ατμόσφαιρα είναι καταπληκτική,όπως βέβαια και τα γραφικά.
Υπάρχουν όμως και άσχημα νέα:
Δυστυχώς αργεί πολύ ακόμα.
Άσχετο αλλά στο ίδιο link αναφέρει πως το Little Big Planet θα κυκλοφορήσει τον οκτώβριο.

Ναι modecris λογικο ειναι οτι θα το "καθυστερησουν" (το καθυστερησουν σε εισαγωγικα , μιας και δεν ειχαν πει ποτε , ποτε θα το κυκλοφορησουν).

Εγω το ειχα πει και πιο παλια , οτι ειναι λαθος κινηση να εχεις 2 ΑΑΑ FPS τιτλους τον ενα πολυ κοντα στον αλλο.Πιστευω οτι λογω Resistance 2 ειπαν να "καθυστερησουν" , ωστε να μην γινουν τα community απο τα 2 παιχνιδια μπαχαλο , και ετσι να κανουν και οι 2 τους καλες πωλησεις.Μην ξεχναμε οτι Guerilla και Insomniac ειναι πολυ καλοι συνεργατες και ανταλλασουν τεχνολογια μεταξυ τους.

Exoskeletor
07-05-2008, 03:42
to resistance 2 tha leei tipota omws?

DarkUSS
07-05-2008, 03:47
to resistance 2 tha leei tipota omws?

Πλάκα κάνεις? 60 players multiplayer αυτό από μόνο του λέει πολλά!

Valkyrie νομίζω είχαν αφήσει να εννοηθεί πως θα κυκλοφορήσε Σεπτέμβρη αλλά ο λόγος που έγινε η καθυστέρηση είναι αυτός που λες. Δεν ήθελαν να συμπέσει πάνω στο Resistance 2 αλλά και στα LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm 2.

WolfRathmA
07-05-2008, 03:53
Δε ξερω γιατι αλλα δε φερνω καμια αντιρησει με την κυκλοφορια του τιτλου. Κανουν πραγματικα καλη δουλεια και το καλο ειναι να μην βιαστουν για να κανουν αυτο που θελουν ετσι ωστε να υπαρχει ενα παρα πολυ καλο αποτελεσμα.

Πιστευω ουτοση αλλος οτι θα κυκλοφορησουν παρα πολλα παιχνιδια εκεινη την περιοδο οποτε αν βγαιναν και ολα μαζι θα γινοταν ενας πανικος.

Δηλαδη εχουμε απο τωρα μεχρι την κυκλοφορια του τιτλου παρα πολυ καλες και νεες κυκλοφοριες. Και λεω μερικα παρακατω.

Metal Gear Solid 4
Soul Calibur
Tekken 6 (αν και δεν ειναι τιποτα σιγουρο)
Home (λενε οτι θα το βγαλουν μεσα σε αυτο το χρονο αλλα δε ξερουμε ποτε, το καλο που τους θελω :p )
LittleBigPlanet
Pro 2009 (Ωχ... :p)
Fifa 2009 (κλασσικα παιχνιδια που κανουν συνηθως την αφηξη τους Σεπτεμβριο/Οκτωμβριο)
Motostorm 2
Resistance 2..

Και γενικα οτι αλλο προκειψει :p

pictorino
07-05-2008, 05:00
[quote=DarkUSS;65655]Πλάκα κάνεις? 60 players multiplayer αυτό από μόνο του λέει πολλά!quote]
τίποτα δεν λέει από μόνο του αυτό!!

και νέα καθυστέρηση ε;ανέκδοτο έχεο καταντήσει αυτό με τους καλούς τίτλους του ps3, έλεος...

Slay
07-05-2008, 10:54
PlayStation Day: Killzone 2 Hands-on Update

We get to grips with Guerilla's epic shooter, but is it everything it's hyped up to be?

by Martin Robinson (http://ps3.ign.com/email.html), IGN UK

UK, May 6, 2008 - Since that video at 2005's E3, Guerilla's Killzone 2 (http://ps3.ign.com/objects/748/748475.html) has earned itself – for better and for worse – a reputation as a flagship title for Sony's PlayStation 3 and the console's ability to usher in a new generation of fully immersive digital entertainment. It offered the first glance into a brave new world for videogames with virtual actors matching the best that the might of the likes of Pixar could offer, duking it out in a volatile battlefield brought to life with the most vivid audio-visual clarity.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/872/872009/killzone-2-20080506033038473.jpg (http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/imgs_1.html)

So first the good news – as you may have heard, going hands-on with Killzone 2 offers up an experience that isn't too far removed from our heady imaginings when the pre-rendered video was released before the dawn of the current generation. At Sony's PlayStation day in South East London we got to finally play what was promised some three years ago, and it goes some way to fulfilling the ambitions of that initial glimpse of the future. Commencing on board the troop transport that opened up the notorious mock-up, today's hands-on offers an enthralling flight through the second level of the game, taking place on the Corinth River on the Helghast's home-world.

The opening cinematic enthrals, as the transport is taken down in enemy fire and a bombastic assault of sound and vision that looks truly impressive. Having sat through the show, the game introduces the sneak and peek mechanic that forms the core of the experience with no hesitation, placing the player amidst a heated firefight with ample opportunities for cover – and it works remarkably well, offering a more than welcome new facet to the FPS genre.

Keeping in first-person all the way, the L1 button latches the player to cover, and whilst in hiding players have free movement left and right, with a either a tug on the trigger or upwards on the analogue stick resulting in that all-important 'peek'. Amazingly for a game that is now some nine months off release, it never really falters in granting some tactical defence, and largely avoids some of the snagging and poor detection that can blight other similar systems, lending the firefights a dynamism only seen in the finest shooters.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/872/872009/killzone-2-20080506033037941.jpg (http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/imgs_1.html)

When it comes to actually unleashing some bullets into the marauding Helghast, an aiming system that's clearly looked towards the Call of Duty series takes effect, with the view snapping straight down the barrel of the gun and giving the action a staccato feel that also harks to Activision's franchise. In fact, the similarities don't end there – with the wealth of onscreen action combined with an approach that looks to convey the panicked horror of war, from a distance Killzone 2 can look a little like Call of Duty 4 put through a hot wash, with its monotone colour scheme carrying more shades of grey than you thought ever conceivable, and it's one of the only aspects that betrays it's future setting. It's certainly a pretty game, though the muted palette ensures this is a more subtle beauty that won't instantly impress - instead it's a cohesive world of oppressive concrete that looks to be one of the game's strongest suits.

Elsewhere, however, it looks like Killzone 2 (http://ps3.ign.com/objects/748/748475.html) may be dangerously close to embarking upon the same road as its predecessor in offering ambience to the detriment of its other aspects. Traipsing through the level at hand, we come across an alarming number of crates, which although are all the better for showing off the cover system, belie some uninspired level design.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/872/872009/killzone-2-20080506033037426.jpg (http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/imgs_1.html)

Likewise, the feature list currently reads like a catalogue of all that defines modern first-person shooters. Two weapon slots? Check. Rechargable health? Check. Minor nods towards innovation include the implantation of SIXAXIS controls – in an example we saw the L1 and R1 buttons are used to grip onto a pressure valve, with the constant rotation of the controller rotating the device. Whilst it adds a tactile element of immersion to the world, most players were left looking confused until a representative kindly pointed out the correct course of action.

Similarly, some of the game's appropriations were sadly wide of the mark – when one of the grunts exclaims he feels 'like a spare prick at a gang bang' we couldn't help but squirm at the forced machismo of it all. None of this is to say that the game doesn't hold together – but when other offerings at Sony's PlayStation Day, such as LittleBigPlanet and Resistance 2, look to create more boxes to tick, it's a shame to see such a highly anticipated title do little more than is expected of it.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/872/872009/killzone-2-20080506033036785.jpg (http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/imgs_1.html)

At least Guerilla is looking to more recent trends, with squad members occasionally called upon to help the player to otherwise insurmountable levels much like Army of Two. This naturally brings up the question of whether the final code will include online co-operative play – something Sony is unwilling to talk about at present, but which we expect to see implemented come next February.

It's hopefully in this area that Killzone 2 will look to offer innovation – it has previously been mooted that the imminent Home application will play some part in bringing players of the game together – and that's not to say that it won't be anything other than a top grade shooter come its release. However, while what we've seen is certainly impressive in parts, we need to see a bit more over the coming months to discover if Killzone 2 can truly deliver in offering the definitive PlayStation 3 experience.

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/872/872009p1.html

Valkyre
07-05-2008, 13:44
Ειναι λιγακι καθυστερημενοι εκει στο IGN η εμενα μου φαινεται?

Exoskeletor
07-05-2008, 14:01
mpa simfono, to paixnidi exei super grafika k kinhsh alla an exei mono ayta emena den tha mou ftanei, tha eine bareto, we want more

Valkyre
07-05-2008, 14:28
mpa simfono, to paixnidi exei super grafika k kinhsh alla an exei mono ayta emena den tha mou ftanei, tha eine bareto, we want more

Μα δεν καταλαβες....τα σχολια που εκαναν , ηταν καθαροτατα biased.

Μιλανε οτι και καλα οι πιστες δεν εχουν ευφανταστο design ,οταν εγω βλεπω στα βιντεο που κυκλοφορουν τρομερο art και design σε αυτον ακριβως τον τομεα.Μιλανε για πολλα κιβωτια απο εκει και απο εδω , και εγω κοιταζω το playthrough και ψαχνω να βρω κιβωτια...

Ακουω τον ιταλο που παιζει να λεει ενθουσιαστηκα λογια , και μετα ακουω τον κυριο απο το IGN (ο οποιος παντοτε εκανε biased comments σε οτιδηποτε ειχε να κανει με το playstation σε σημειο μαλιστα να χαρακτηρισει το lineup του PS3 abysmal ετσι στεγνα και απροκαλυπτα) να λεει -συγνωμη κιολας- παπαριες.

Μεχρι και για τα γραφικα ειπε οτι "χρειαζεται προσπαθεια για να καταλαβεις την ποιοτητα.Στην αρχη δεν εντυπωσιαζουν"... δηλαδη ΗΜΑΡΤΟΝ το κερατο μου στραβος ειμαι?

Δεν μπορω αυτην την αθλια δημοσιογραφια.Απλα δεν την αντεχω , δεν μπορω να την χωνεψω πως διαβολο το λενε?

Και προσεξτε κατι , εγω δεν λεω οτι θα επρεπε να μιλανε για το KZ2 λες και ειναι το τελειο και φοβερο παιχνιδι.Απλα θελω να ακουω ΛΟΓΙΚΑ πραγματα επιτελους.Να ακουσω παραπονο ουσιαστικο και με σημασια, χωρις μπιχτες και σποντες λες και ειναι 15οχρονο fanboy ο δημοσιογραφος.

Ειναι δυνατον να μου λεει οτι χρειαζεται προσπαθεια για να εντυπωσιαστω απο το οπτικο αποτελεσμα?Ειναι δυνατον να μου λεει οτι δεν υπαρχει φαντασια στον σχεδιασμο?Ειναι δυνατον να μου λεει οτι οι gamers θα δυσκολευτουν να καταλαβουν οτι πρεπει να γυρισουν την βαλβιδα κουνωντας το sixaxis?@!? Αν αυτος ειναι καθυστερημενος δεν του φταινε οι αλλοι.Εγω στο βιντεο που ειδα μια χαρα τα καταφερναν.Και εν παση περιπτωση δεν ειναι σοβαρο σχολιο να καθεσαι και να μιλας για την βαλβιδα και το sixaxis...ξεφτυλικι ειναι.

Ας μου πει οτι το παιχνιδι ειναι χαλια επειδη το aiming/shooting ειναι χαλια.Ας μου πει οτι το ΑΙ ειναι ηλιθιο.Ας μου πει οτι τα οπλα δεν ειναι σωστα.

Μιλαει λες και το Killzone 2 ειναι κατι συνιθησμενο , κατι απλο , χωρις χαρακτηρα.Μιλαει για τα στοιχεια του gameplay (τα οποια μοιαζουν με του cod4) σαν να ειναι κατι κακο?Και το κανει παντα με ενα subtle τροπο.Πεταει δηλαδη τις σποντιτσες του με "γλυκο" τροπο.Και το κανει μονιμα ο συγκεκριμενος.Βεβαια το Halo 3 εφερε επανασταση στον χωρο των FPS , γιατι πραγματικα εφερε πολλα νεα στοιχεια...γι αυτο και μιλαγαν με διθυραμβικα σχολια στα previews αλλωστε... /sarcasm

Ε οχι ρε φιλε.Μπορει να μην το εχω παιξει , αλλα το βλεπω και μονο με αυτο που βλεπω καταλαβαινω οτι χαρακτηρα δικο του , τουλαχιστον εχει.Και εχει και μερικα νεα στοιχεια στον χωρο.

Σιχαινομαι αυτην την δημοσιογραφια.Ειναι ξεφτυλα.Μεγαλη ξεφτυλα.

Μπορει το KZ2 να αποδειχθει πυροτεχνημα.Το δεχομαι.Και μαλιστα εγω θα βγω πρωτος απο ολους και θα το πω.Αλλα οταν θα το πω , θα φροντισω να το τεκμηριωσω με ΣΟΒΑΡΑ επιχειρηματα.Οχι παπαριες.

Συγνωμη για το υφος , αλλα πραγματικα με τους δημοσιογραφους τα εχω παρει τελευταια (οχι απαραιτητα στον χωρο του gaming μονο).

PDS
07-05-2008, 14:32
http://i28.tinypic.com/rkub69.gif
http://i27.tinypic.com/6i45xk.gif

PDS
07-05-2008, 14:52
http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/8360/1306_0008.jpg

Valkyre
07-05-2008, 16:46
νεο βιντεο 12αλεπτο απο το jeux-france :

http://www.jeux-france.com/news26836_images-et-video-killzone-2.html

obione
07-05-2008, 18:21
ennoeite re file ...i laspi sunexizete...eipame..to vlepeis monos sou kai krineis...giati nomizeis o sygkekrimenos dimosiografos apeuthinete se koino megalutero tou 15xronou???

stis arxes eixa psarwsei kai egw me to internet...alla sou lew apo ti stigmi pou exw kai tis 2 consoles ekana sygriseis monos mou...kala ..oti nanai...ti na protwthimithw...

apla file valkyre pare etsi gia tin plaka kai diavase to periodiko GAMES to ellhniko...na deis kai ta hairia ton dikwn mas edw..LOL..

eidika ekei pou rwtane oi pitsirikades kai tous apantane autoi na deis...mexri kai oti to gt5 tha vgei kai sto 360 exoune pei....oti nanai!!!xefugame nomizw..

Valkyre
07-05-2008, 19:02
Καλα ναι για τις "φυλλαδες" που κυκλοφορουν δεν αμφιβαλλω.Και γνωριζω οτι το internet ειναι 90% σκουπιδια και 10% σωστη πληροφορηση , αλλα δεν μπορω ρε γμτ...τα παιρνω στην κρανα ωρες ωρες.Ειναι ακρως εκνευριστικο να βγαζει καποιος χρημα με τετοια λασπολογια...