PDA

View Full Version : Patch of COD4 for Europe

Sir Drake
02-01-2008, 15:32
Hey Everyone --

I know there are a lot of questions of whats happening with the EU (rest of the world) connectivity patch for the PS3 and I wanted to let you know what's happening.

Essentially SCEA (Sony of America) and SCEE (Sony Europe) have two completely separate certification processes, policies, rules, and requirements. Essentially they're going through two separate companies despite them both being Sony. The reason the patch has only come out in the US is because it passed Sony America (SCEA) certification and they allowed it to be released.

The patch that has to go through Sony Europe (SCEE) hasn't gotten approved by Sony Europe yet, and it's looking like will have to be rolled into the feature patch coming to the PS3. So essentially, you all know there we're two patches coming for the PS3, the first being the connectivity patch, and the 2nd being the feature patch (i.e. Kill cams additions and others) same as the Xbox 360 (with a few slight platform specific differences). That is what's happening in the US, but regretfully due to the delay with Sony Europe and the different requirements with certification that will all be one big patch for Europe and the rest of the world instead of two separate ones like in the US.

You will ALL get the same patches / changes eventually, just not as two separate patches like the US. Despite them all being the same patch. Everything we could do has been done, right now it's just a matter of going through the proper channels of certification.

Once the patch is released in every region (probably after Holiday break) then you'll be able to connect with your overseas friends again, the only reason you cannot at this moment is because Patched versions cannot play with unpatched versions.

We've been working to see if it can be pushed through Sony Europe (SCEE) any faster and if it's possible I guarantee you we'll make it happen, but other than that there's nothing we can do. Especially seeing as most people are on Holiday break, but I'm looking at all our options.
Most people return in mid Jan, and it will probably take time for them to push it the rest of the way through certification. Again, there's never exact dates on these things, but just know the biggest progress will be made when everyone returns from Holiday in mid-Jan and finish pushing it through the certification process.

The work on the connectivity patch is done on the IW side, we finished that a while ago and sent it off to cert.

Sir Drake
02-01-2008, 15:34
I amerikaniki bgike kai briskei paixnidi se 2 lepta kai spania uparxoun server problems.Makari na min argisei auti i patch:prayer:

Katana
02-01-2008, 15:40
Mακαρι να μην αργησει!

PDS
02-01-2008, 15:53
The work on the connectivity patch is done

Οταν λεει connectivity patch?
Eννοει αυτο που θελω να ακουσω?:bgrin2:

seven77
02-01-2008, 16:42
δηλ εν συντομια 8α ερ8ει μεσα ιανουαριου.....
και μεχρι τοτε γα...τα τα!!!αρε 3υλο που 8ελουν:fryingpan::fryingpan:

ps4
02-01-2008, 18:02
δεν βαριεσαι. φαγαμε το μοσχαρι στην ουρα θα κολλησουμε;

υπομονη.

Sir Drake
02-01-2008, 18:23
To patch einai etoimo i Sony tis Europis aplos den to dextike gia agnwstous logous auto simenei.

kapellakis
04-01-2008, 00:50
ax-ax-ax!!!:rofl::badpc::rofl::badpc:

fpetros
07-01-2008, 13:54
ta teleftea nea ....
apo simera tha asxolithoune sovara me to thema patch :rofl:
kathoti epistrefoun oi programatistes apo tis diakopoules tous :fryingpan:

as elpisoume, pos fagane pola melomakarona, gia na to exoun etimo mexri tin Paraskevi

:banghead: :prayer: :fryingpan::giggle::badpc:

Activision !!!! malon Lazivision (Tempelovision) tha eprepe na legete :angry:

Sir Drake
07-01-2008, 16:54
Pos na min fagoun pola melomakarouna me ta euto pou tous dosame?

urquattros
07-01-2008, 16:58
παρακαλω πολυ να γραφετε στα ελληνικα για να μπορουμε να καταλαβαινουμε
ευχαριστω.